Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"and more" button for free users is unresponsive on album and artist pages

"and more" button for free users is unresponsive on album and artist pages

Plan

Free

Country

Uk (London)

Device

IPhone X

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

My Question or Issue

Whenever I want to check what songs are included in an album or artist it doesn’t pop up into a column where the songs can be seen. 

94 Replies

Thanks!

That might have been the absolute worst “solved answer“ response to a technical issue that I’ve ever seen from a company. So you confirm that we can longer preview tracks on an artists profile or in an album, and you say “sorry for the confusion”? That’s it? There’s no confusion, I know what the “and more” button did and is supposed to do, which it no longer does. If that functionality will no longer be available for EVERYONE then maybe your “too bad so sad” response may make sense, but otherwise it’s pretty much a slap in the face to your users experiencing this issue. Please have your tech team resolve this ASAP, because this will not go unnoticed.

Hey! What is the name of the free streaming app that is more user friendly for making playlists? I’m also reconsidering my continued use of Spotify as a result of this shady change in free tier user functionality

Another user said he's been using youtube music. I haven't tried it yet but the format looks clean. I may make the change to apple itunes, even though it's paid at least it seamlessly works unlike spotify. Both the app and desktop version sucks.

Spotify is trying to push everyone toward a paid subscription...stupid, b/c they'll lose users and ad revenue. 

But youtube music doesn’t let you leave the app to listen... right?

Sent from my iPhone

I tried YouTube music because the person before said they were going to use it.

Like Spotify, you can leave the app and still listen to music at the same time 🙂

Pls fix this I can’t add songs from album because of this

i don’t know how you all mostly used the “and more” button but I have figured out a work around for what I was using it for.  I was using it when wanting to go to an album an pick out songs for a playlist - especially if not familiar with the artist’s work. (E.g. I like this song in this station by “Yola” what else has she done?) So now instead of searching for the artist and browsing their albums, you have to go into one of your playlists and hit “add songs” and THEN search for the artist. Then you can see all the songs in various albums. Cumbersome, but you can still do it. (Which begs the question: why the change, Spotify?)

As to YouTube music it is letting me listen when my screen is off. But upon reading further that may because they signed me up for a free trial as soon as I downloaded the app. I think that may change when the trial is over. Sneaky. Still exploring other options but I do like YouTube’s player. 

So what you’re saying is that this feature was previously available to free users but was removed? If that’s the case, do you have any more info/ do you know if Spotify is planning on adding this feature again? 

I understand you’re just a moderator and don’t have all the answers, but a reply would be helpful. Thank you! 🙂

Hi there @V918,

Thanks for reaching out. 

We can confirm that at the moment, the "and more" option when viewing an album or artist page won't be leading to a page where you can preview a list of all the tracks contained within. However, you should still be able to listen to the shuffled tracks of an album or artist.

We understand that having the button while it not doing anything can be confusing and that you'd like to have a way to see all tracks in an album so rest assured that we'll be passing your feedback to the right folks.

We also recommend posting an idea in our Ideas boards.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Take care !

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

And why are you removing it?? How are we supposed to add stuff to our playlists? I like to look through albums to find songs I like, or just don’t think about, but now??? This is stupid.

Hello, I already tried a clean reinstall of the app but that still didn’t work. 
May device is an IPhone 11, IOS 13

The Spotify version I have is 8.5.67.867

I noticed this happening on July 22, 2020 at about 8:30 pm. 
I live in the USA

So the “and more” feature will only be accessible to premium users?

Just bring it back? I loved using spotify because it was popular and seemed good, but taking away that button is an absolute **bleep** take. How are members who don't pay meant to check out artitists? At this rate you're trashing them as well because users can't preview their music and form an opinion on it.

Can you fix it? I’m getting frustrated.

Hi guys I've just submitted an idea called “Bring back the ability to preview albums for free users”.

It would be great if as many of you as possible could +vote it. 

that's not a solution 

Spotify wasted a lot of time. Got me to uninstall and reinstall the app; try different log in info. Initially they said I misunderstood and that this feature should be working. Then they said no it doesn’t. Who is going to pay for premium when so many have lost jobs... if you’re going to implement a new feature maybe remove the button! But I guess this is their way of ‘market research’ 

• I used to be ur free user. I'm considering to get pemium when i have the money. However u don't have to punish ur free user with the horrible change by kill the and more button to preview the songs in albums & artist profile. It make ur free users mad & frustated. U will loose them instead they become premium users. Moreover this bizarre trick is harmful for the artists especially the new rising which are not popular yet. Unfortunately then u will loose ur advertisers too & not attractive to the new because u are destroying ur good reputation all this time. This bad decision is not the right way to reach ur goal. This is a boomerang which striking back at u.

Hey Ollylee! Hope your doing okay! 
Just wanted to know what the next step is once I’ve voted for your idea to bring back the “and more” button? And if there’s anything I can do after voting? 

Suggested posts