I meant YouTube not yahoo. 

Highlighted

Re: "and more" button for free users is unresponsive on album and artist pages

Regular

Thanks!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

That might have been the absolute worst “solved answer“ response to a technical issue that I’ve ever seen from a company. So you confirm that we can longer preview tracks on an artists profile or in an album, and you say “sorry for the confusion”? That’s it? There’s no confusion, I know what the “and more” button did and is supposed to do, which it no longer does. If that functionality will no longer be available for EVERYONE then maybe your “too bad so sad” response may make sense, but otherwise it’s pretty much a slap in the face to your users experiencing this issue. Please have your tech team resolve this ASAP, because this will not go unnoticed.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hey! What is the name of the free streaming app that is more user friendly for making playlists? I’m also reconsidering my continued use of Spotify as a result of this shady change in free tier user functionality
Highlighted

Regular

Another user said he's been using youtube music. I haven't tried it yet but the format looks clean. I may make the change to apple itunes, even though it's paid at least it seamlessly works unlike spotify. Both the app and desktop version sucks.

Spotify is trying to push everyone toward a paid subscription...stupid, b/c they'll lose users and ad revenue. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
But youtube music doesn’t let you leave the app to listen... right?

Sent from my iPhone
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I tried YouTube music because the person before said they were going to use it.

Like Spotify, you can leave the app and still listen to music at the same time 🙂

Highlighted

Visitor

Pls fix this I can’t add songs from album because of this

Highlighted

Regular

i don’t know how you all mostly used the “and more” button but I have figured out a work around for what I was using it for.  I was using it when wanting to go to an album an pick out songs for a playlist - especially if not familiar with the artist’s work. (E.g. I like this song in this station by “Yola” what else has she done?) So now instead of searching for the artist and browsing their albums, you have to go into one of your playlists and hit “add songs” and THEN search for the artist. Then you can see all the songs in various albums. Cumbersome, but you can still do it. (Which begs the question: why the change, Spotify?)

As to YouTube music it is letting me listen when my screen is off. But upon reading further that may because they signed me up for a free trial as soon as I downloaded the app. I think that may change when the trial is over. Sneaky. Still exploring other options but I do like YouTube’s player. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

So what you’re saying is that this feature was previously available to free users but was removed? If that’s the case, do you have any more info/ do you know if Spotify is planning on adding this feature again? 

I understand you’re just a moderator and don’t have all the answers, but a reply would be helpful. Thank you! 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS