Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Windows 10, Onkyo Receiver

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I created a playlist using local files on my Win10 laptop.  Now I am trying to play it on my Onkyo Receiver.  Regarding the Onkyo device I am being told "can't play this right now".  The Onkyo plays Spotify playlists just fine.  Is there a way to crack this nut?

Can't play.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @peteheller, thanks for posting your question! Spotify Connect devices can only play songs that are added from the Spotify library, so when you have local files on a playlist and connect to a different device, those songs would be grayed out as you described. The only way to make them playable would be to replace the tracks with matching versions from the Spotify catalog, or to use a Bluetooth connection to play directly from the device that has the local files on it.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @peteheller, thanks for posting your question! Spotify Connect devices can only play songs that are added from the Spotify library, so when you have local files on a playlist and connect to a different device, those songs would be grayed out as you described. The only way to make them playable would be to replace the tracks with matching versions from the Spotify catalog, or to use a Bluetooth connection to play directly from the device that has the local files on it.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts