Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"made for me" playlists have disappeared?!

"made for me" playlists have disappeared?!

It looks like there was an update over the weekend and when I signed onto Spotify yesterday morning my playlists for The Get Up and Daily Drive have disappeared?! 

I can see the thumbnails for both these lists on desktop and phone, but when I click it says "couldn't find this playlist" (desktop) and even worse on phone "this playlist has been deleted". 

This is pretty upsetting. The repeat of the same music on theses lists and the inability to update them was annoying, but I loved the mix of music and news/information. I hope that this is a bug and that you bring these playlists back ASAP

please advise.
Thanks

Colleen 

9 Replies

Hi there @collmcgov,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

So this is happening on both my iphone 7 (iOS 14.1) and my apple desktop app (iOS 10.15.7) .
I did a clean re-install of the desktop app and a re-install of the app on my phone and now the curated playlists have disappeared all together. Before, the icon was showing up but when clicked, it timed out and showed nothing. This is for both "daily drive" and "the get up". 

I can now find the "and another thing" extended pieces of "the get up", but not the full show with the playlist from before. The "Daily Drive" has disappeared entirely. Ugh this is frustrating and disappointing. I wrote a thread a couple months ago about how I couldn't add or remove songs to these curated playlists that had podcasts and music mixed in, and now they've just disappeared all together! I just wanted to be able to remove songs that I've been hearing too much. 

I am wondering if this is happening because I recently changed my country location to Canada from the United States? These "features" really shouldn't be country specific... but besides the update to the app that is the only thing that has changed on my end. 

Hey @collmcgov

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you give it a try using the web player to see if you notice the same behavior? 

We'd also recommend trying with a different internet connection, if possible. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The webplayer shows no differences between the desktop or mobile apps. I've tried logging in through Chrome and Safari with both browsers at their latest update. 

I did notice that when I go to the "and another thing" podcast (the extension of The Get Up playlist, you can see under about, that it says "The Get Up crew offers.... listen to the full show here" and the "here" should be a link, but it is not. See attached screen shot. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.18.39 PM.png

I'm not able to access a different internet connection at this time, due to the pandemic. 

Hi @collmcgov

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

Could you send over the link or URI to this show? 

We'll take a better look at this.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Heres the link to The Get Up's after show podcast, called "And Another Thing". I'm not able to share the link to the actual show itself because it doesn't have its own page! If it did, there would be no issues... https://open.spotify.com/show/4LBLrZfRlYK7v8aeiDGvFy?si=W0GNL-1wRiqwU_JHLdCKZg

Cheers. Thanks for looking into this,  keep me posted! 

Hey @collmcgov,

Thank you for your reply.

Is it possible that you've changed your country settings since the content availability can depend on that?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes, as I mentioned above I just changed my country from the US to Canada. I've been here for several months, but just changed my payment information to my Canadian bank account. So I can't access The Get UP — "spotify's morning show", because I've changed country's?! That doesn't make any sense to me. It's not "america's morning show". 

Hi again @collmcgov,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Keep in mind that content and features can vary across countries, and this depends on multiple factors, such as licensing agreements and permissions from right holders. That's why some content may not be available since you changed your account's country settings. This is also the case for Your Daily Drive playlist, which isn't currently available in Canada.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

Regarding the Daily Drive playlist, you can submit and idea to have that feature in other markets to our Ideas board. Others can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this Spotify Answer.

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

We hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts