Premium

Country

UK

Device

PC, Laptop, Samsung S9

Operating System

Win 10, Android 

My Question or Issue

Made for: on repeat has a load of songs in I've never and never would listen to - why? How can I reset my listen to history to get rid of some of the rubbish recommendations? 

6 Replies

I have figured this out yet but most of the time mine has been accurate. When it’s not I use the skip icon on the right hand side and click “I don’t like this song”. It usually adjusts the next week! 

Hey @fodder, is it possible someone else has accessed your account and played these tracks you're unfamiliar with? The On Repeat playlist is normally pretty current. If necessary, you can sign out everywhere by going to your account page and scrolling down and clicking the "sign out everywhere" button. Then you might want to change your password (if logging in through another service, such as Facebook, be sure to change that password) and then log back in.

There isn't a way to totally reset your listening history aside from making a new account and starting over, but hopefully the steps above will help to normalize the recommendations you're getting. Keep in mind it will take some time for the repeat playlists to reflect your recent listening habits, particularly the Repeat Rewind playlist, which takes into account a longer time frame.

Hope this helps!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No, no one has access to my account.

"On Repeat" does not have a dislike icon - it should.
All songs should 🙂

Hello there @fodder,

The On Repeat and Repeat Rewind playlists should only contain songs you've been listening to recently and in the past. You can read more about this here.

If you feel adding a dislike button to those (and other) playlist would improve your listening experience, you should check out this idea and make sure to add your +VOTE to show your support.

There's also an idea to reset your listening history, which you might find interesting as well. If you do, just head here and vote for it.

The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Happy listening 🎧

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The On Repeat and Repeat Rewind playlist should only contain songs you've been listening to recently and in the past. You can read more about them here.

The songs are not something I have or would listen too (I'd rather poke my eyes out!!! lol).

Thanks for the other links, will check them out. 

Suggested posts