Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

recommendations and private playlists, HELP!

recommendations and private playlists, HELP!

I want to keep all my playlists private but is this will affect Spotify algorithms in recommendations new songs for me ???

4 Replies

No, Spotify knows what music you listen to no matter "where" you listen to it: artists' profiles, albums' section, any private and public playlists including your own ones - everything affects your recommendations.

Hey there @Sheinn,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You can make all the playlist you create Private. What this means is that other users won't be able to find them through the Search option in the app. More info here.

You will still get recommendations by us if you keep listening to music as normal, just make sure the setting Private listening is disabled. If you enable this the algorithm won't collect data on what music you tend to enjoy and won't add new songs to your recommendations. You should also avoid using a VPN.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Is there no way to make exclude playlists from the algorithm on an individual level? My Wrapped 2021 was basically my gym playlist because I use it every day rather than what I've been listening to in my recreation time.

We, as parents of a newborn baby, need to have a playlist that has private session in it. That way all the lullabies and white noise sounds wont be recommended by spotify algorithm. 

Its a must feature for new parents. 

We tried to subscribe for another account just for.the baby, but signing in and out from the app, is frustrating 

Suggested posts