Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC desktop app

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I want to clear out all of my liked songs (>45000), however I am not able to select all of them for easy removal in the desktop app using Ctrl-A as decribed.  Can Spotify do this for me?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

UPDATE: Since Spotify software will not work correctly and cannot solve this simple problem, I have devised another functional method.  I am using an automated mouse click app to un-like each song in my library one at a time.  Every now and then it hangs because it depends on the list of songs to update after each song is un-liked, and then I have to manually refresh Spotify.  However it does work and will take about 6 hours to complete.  Also, I can set it and forget it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there @delowder,

thanks for reaching out !

I had this one tested on my own account and Ctrl+A and then Del seemed to help as presented on the picture below.

OneByBoo_0-1636280355404.png

I'd recommend logging out and back in as a first step then trying to connect on a friend/sibling device and do the same action.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey @delowder,

Thanks for the post.

Currently there is no way to clear your liked songs all at once. You'd have to unlike songs individually.

Another option would be to transfer the playlists from your current account to a new one, following this Guide. This way your Liked songs won't be transferred over. 

Hope this information was helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@OneByBoo - unfortunately this did not help. Ctrl+A does not work at all. I select the first song, then scroll all the way down to the last song, hold SHIFT and select the last song, then choose remove selected songs, but it only removes a subset of the songs. this operation is not functioning as it should.

Hey @delowder,

Thanks for the info.

Could you try the following:

Choose a song>press Ctrl+A>right click and then choose Remove from your Liked Songs

In case that doesn't work, you can try on another device to see if that helps.

If nothing changes, could you share with us a video recording of what you're seeing? We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

UPDATE: Since Spotify software will not work correctly and cannot solve this simple problem, I have devised another functional method.  I am using an automated mouse click app to un-like each song in my library one at a time.  Every now and then it hangs because it depends on the list of songs to update after each song is un-liked, and then I have to manually refresh Spotify.  However it does work and will take about 6 hours to complete.  Also, I can set it and forget it.

Suggested posts