Solved!

stop playing after playlist

Plan

Premium

Device

Macbook 

Operating System

(iOS Mojave)

I have a playlist created for my daughter's wedding to be played while guests are arriving, etc....   Once this 1hr playlist is complete, I want Spotify to STOP playing anything further.  How do I get that to occur??   Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @mamablood

If you want music to stop after that specific playlist you need do turn off Autoplay. 

On desktop:

• Click  in the top-right corner and select Settings.
  • Scroll down to Autoplay and switch Autoplay similar songs when your music ends  off (gray).

On mobile: 

• Tap Home 
  • Tap Settings 
  • Under Playback, scroll down to Autoplay and switch it off (gray).

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @mamablood

If you want music to stop after that specific playlist you need do turn off Autoplay. 

On desktop:

• Click  in the top-right corner and select Settings.
  • Scroll down to Autoplay and switch Autoplay similar songs when your music ends  off (gray).

On mobile: 

• Tap Home 
  • Tap Settings 
  • Under Playback, scroll down to Autoplay and switch it off (gray).

outstanding. thanks so much for the quick reply!!

No problem! I'm glad I could help.

If you needed anything else, feel free to post on Community.

This does not work for me. It just says to stop playing similar songs, not playing all together

Yes, this is outdated advice. I have autoplay off on my mobile and it just carried on regardless. Option not available on the webplayer.

Hey folks,

Autoplay should trigger as soon as the last song in the queue finishes playing.

@roswellpixie, there an issue with Autoplay on Android devices currently, where Autoplay doesn't trigger even though it's been toggled on in the app's settings, which has been reported here. Our tech folks are currently looking into it, so if you're an Android user, I'd recommend Subscribing to the thread from the three dots menu so you're notified whenever there are any updates.

In the meantime, Autoplay on the desktop app seems to control the feature's behavior on all platforms, so try downloading the desktop app and disable Autoplay there.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts