Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 13

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I cannot get local files to even attempt to download on my iPhone. I have logged into my account on other devices and it downloads just fine on all of those, but it will not download on my phone. It downloaded earlier for a minute with the download symbol and then stopped, and now I cannot get anything to download.

I've followed every guide out there and done everything friends who have the same device have told me to do and I cannot get anything to work. Every setting is enabled which needs to be enabled, both devices are on the same wifi and have been hooked up via cable all day. They are downloaded fine on my laptop/friends laptop and other people's phones on my account but won't download at all on my device.

I do not have the option of "upload from source" in my local file setting, but my friends who have downloaded music successfully did not either. I don't know if I did something to my device but I have done all the troubleshooting tactics: deleting and redownloading, logging in and out, shutting off my device; and I've done it on both. I've uploaded the local files multiple times and made multiple playlists but none of it is working. I downloaded some other songs to see and they work fine on my laptop but I can't even get them to download on my phone.

I'm not sure what else I should try. I've done what every other forum post has said and those aren't working, I've checked my updates, etc. I just need help figuring out what else I need to do to get this to work. Thank you

1 Reply

Hey @august0,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The process of adding local files to your Spotify app has changed over the latest updates. Now, the "Local files discovery" option allows you to play audio files stored on your device, but on your Spotify app.

However, if other devices are still able to sync your local files, it could be related to some damaged cache stored on your device. In case you haven't tried before, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app on your iPhone by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. After logging back in, click Yes on the pop-up that asks permission to access your local network.

If you're still having issues syncing audio files from your desktop to your iPhone, we'd also suggest taking a look at this Apple's support site article.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts