Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Topics with Label: Playlists

Labels

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify doesn’t play on Bose SoundTouch anymore

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 11, iPad Air)Operating System(iOS latest update.) My Question or IssueI have a Bose SoundTouch which I can control from my iPhone or iPad using its SoundTouch app. I’ve never had an issue until a few days ago. Whene...

• Visitor
  • Eni
  • 80 replies
  • 17 likes
  • Connect
    Music
    Other
  • 80 replies
  • 17 likes

My playlist is not coming up when searched by name

I created a new playlist in our profile and when I search for it by the exact title it doesn't show up. I also tried searching for it with the first word only and it still does not come up. The playlist is called HardDrive Underground under our profi...

• Regular
  • superheart-4
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Playlists] Snap to the Song Playing

It was probably years ago now, where you could click on the song that was playing and it would snap to it in the playlist. In a playlist with a lot of songs, it doesn't work anymore.

• Visitor
  • It was probably years ago now, where you could click on the song that was playing and it would snap to it in the playlist. In a playlist with a lot of songs, it doesn't work anymore.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking on album cover scrolls to the wrong place if playlist is sorted

If you play a track from a big playlist that is sorted by date so that the latest tracks are at the top - then when you click on the album cover at the bottom left to go to that track in the playlist spotify will scroll to the place of the track in t...

• Regular
  • If you play a track from a big playlist that is sorted by date so that the latest tracks are at the top - then when you click on the album cover at the bottom left to go to that track in the playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! scheduling a playlist to automatically add or remove specific songs each day

Is there any way to schedule ahead of time certain songs to be added or removed from the playlist. working on a playlist that is updated daily, with one song added and the oldest removed, is there a way to automate it so I dont have to physically go ...

• Visitor
  • Is there any way to schedule ahead of time certain songs to be added or removed from the playlist. working on a playlist that is updated daily, with one song added and the oldest removed, is there a ...
  • EthanS1
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [All Platforms][Playlists] Donating to BLM

With the protests happening yesterday and today in response to police brutality and the senseless murders of several unarmed black people, I think that Spotify should donate a portion or all of the profits they make from people streaming the Black Li...

• Casual Listener
  • With the protests happening yesterday and today in response to police brutality and the senseless murders of several unarmed black people, I think that Spotify should donate a portion or all of the p...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 32 replies
  • 26 likes
  • All Platforms
    Playlists
  • 32 replies
  • 26 likes

How do I skip songs without Spotify thinking I dislike them?

I just learned that Spotify thinks you don't like a song when you skip it!? Maybe I'm just weird, but the only songs I skip in my playlists are the ones I like the most. If you listen to a song too much then it becomes repetitive, you get used to it ...

• Casual Listener
  •  I just learned that Spotify thinks you don't like a song when you skip it!? Maybe I'm just weird, but the only songs I skip in my playlists are the ones I like the most. If you listen to a s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Smart Speaker ][Playlists] Turn off shuffle for liked songs playlist

Whenever I ask my google assistant to play my “liked songs”, every single time it will begin at random song from somewhere within my collection. At the same time, it will have shuffle on. So I have to open my Sonos/Spotify app, disable shuffle and st...

• Visitor
  • Whenever I ask my google assistant to play my “liked songs”, every single time it will begin at random song from somewhere within my collection. At the same time, it will have shuffle on. So I have t...
  • DawnOfRinzler
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Google Assistant
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

[All Platforms][Playlists] Make private playlists ACTUALLY PRIVATE.

I've recently discovered that if I google my name on Spotify (which I also use on other sites, I googled it because I was curious) the playlists that are set as private appear in search results, I don't know if you can access them but still this isn'...

• Visitor
  • I've recently discovered that if I google my name on Spotify (which I also use on other sites, I googled it because I was curious) the playlists that are set as private appear in search results, I d...
  • JRNY
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • All Platforms
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

[Android][Playlists] Samsung galaxy wear not all tracks download

Samsung galaxy watch paired with Samsung S8. I am trying to download to the watch but not all the tracks download. Tried online and offline, connected to the phone and not. WiFi etc. Reinstalled app, cleared storage. To no avail. Any ideas. Thanks

• Samsung galaxy watch paired with Samsung S8.     I am trying to download to the watch but not all the tracks download.  Tried online and offline, connected to the phone and not....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Waiting for Connection when using plugged modem? I got a solution!

NOTE :If you're using Windows 10 and plugged modem as your main connection, experiencing "Waiting for Connection" when you want to download songs at Spotify Desktop app (downloaded from website), You are at the right place and one step closer to fix ...

• Visitor
  • NOTE : If you're using Windows 10 and plugged modem as your main connection, experiencing "Waiting for Connection" when you want to download songs at Spotify Desktop app (downloaded from website),&n...
  • Jeremy
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

[All Platforms][Playlists] Release Radar inaccuracies

My Release Radar playlist used to refresh every week with brand new songs from my favorite artists, but recently it has been showing me a) songs by artists I don't follow and b) songs that have been on the playlist for weeks at a time. For a) the alg...

• My Release Radar playlist used to refresh every week with brand new songs from my favorite artists, but recently it has been showing me a) songs by artists I don't follow and b) songs that have been ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Playlists] Let me click on the "Save to Library" choice from the ellipsis link.

I ran into a frustrating problem with the "FaLaLaLaLa Great Big Christmas Variety Shuffle List" (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6A2Kj9cWUpuu0UcEbWVf5E). I couldn't get to the ellipsis link. It was hidden off screen (see image below). Any ideas on ...

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 11.33.17 AM.png
  • Visitor
  • I ran into a frustrating problem with the "FaLaLaLaLa Great Big Christmas Variety Shuffle List" (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6A2Kj9cWUpuu0UcEbWVf5E). I couldn't get to the ellipsis link. It was...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Web Player][Playlists] "Failed to save changes, please try again."

Hi all, in trying to make a new playlist for Halloween, I keep getting a message in red saying: "Failed to save changes, please try again," and no matter WHAT I do, it doesn't do anything or save and create the playlist, please help, I need to make t...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi all, in trying to make a new playlist for Halloween, I keep getting a message in red saying: "Failed to save changes, please try again," and no matter WHAT I do, it doesn't do anything or save and...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlists
    Web Player
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Stop shuffling the playlist when changing the playback device

I've got Amazon Echo Dot devices all around and use them to play Spotify. Here's the problem:I listen a playlist on shuffle, remove unwated songs, move the songs around. Then I want to go to another room and continue listening. I say "Alexa, ask Spot...

• Not applicable
  • I've got Amazon Echo Dot devices all around and use them to play Spotify. Here's the problem: I listen a playlist on shuffle, remove unwated songs, move the songs around. Then I want to go to anot...
  • CarlosE
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Ability to make a playlist from liked songs collection

I'm a new premium user and spent a lot of time liking songs to add to my library, I find it frustrating that I cannot create a playlist from my liked songs, I think having this option would be nice to have. My current liked songs number is over 3,000...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a new premium user and spent a lot of time liking songs to add to my library, I find it frustrating that I cannot create a playlist from my liked songs, I think having this option would be nice t...
  • jackgray
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • All Platforms
    Playlists
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Reddit embed problems?

On "reddit" I tried:1.) insert the "link" -> open.spotify... in the "link" section2.) insert the "embed code" in the "embed section" 3.) paste the "link" as regular in body Please read carefully, I sometimes get answers here that have nothing to do w...

• Gig Goer
  • On "reddit" I tried: 1.)  insert the "link" ->  open.spotify...  in the "link" section 2.) insert the "embed code" in the "embed section" 3.) paste the "link" as regular in body...
  • LTYDreams
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
    Web Player
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Playlists] Web UI doesn't follow the song playing on the cell phone

Web UI doesn't follow the song playing on the cell phone. It used to follow along with what was playing on the phone. Now it is stuck on one song and never advances.

• Web UI doesn't follow the song playing on the cell phone.  It used to follow along with what was playing on the phone.  Now it is stuck on one song and never advances.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms][Playlists] Respect the listener!

Spotify always say:»After serious consideration, we’ve decided not to offer blocking/ hiding/ or blacklisting artists or tracks on Spotify at this time.«So »serious consideration« is not a »just-for-fun-decision« nor a »quick-and-dirty-decision«. So ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify always say: »After serious consideration, we’ve decided not to offer blocking/ hiding/ or blacklisting artists or tracks on Spotify at this time.« So »serious consideration« is not a »j...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Custom playlist photo is told to be too small, though it is the suggested size

I am trying to choose a custom cover for my tribute to Keith Flint. But everytime i choose a photo, I get a little red box saying "Image is too small. It must be at least 300x300". I tried filtering my google image search so that it only shows pictur...

• Visitor
  • I am trying to choose a custom cover for my tribute to Keith Flint. But everytime i choose a photo, I get a little red box saying "Image is too small. It must be at least 300x300". I tried filtering ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Better sorting of playlists with Sensus Connect

Hi, In my Volvo XC60 2018 with Sensus Connect and the Spotify app all playlists is sorted by the date they were added in ascending order, ie. first added - first in list. It's very tedious and sometimes not possible (1000+ songs) to scroll the lists ...

• Regular
  • Hi,   In my Volvo XC60 2018 with Sensus Connect and the Spotify app all playlists is sorted by the date they were added in ascending order, ie. first added - first in list. It's v...
  • langeman71
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlists
    Sensus Connect
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes