Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: Podcasts

Labels

Forum Posts

Report technical issues with adverts

Hey folks!Ever experienced any technical issues with ad volume, the ad being in the wrong language or the frequency of the ad?We're creating this thread in case you're in need of reporting any of those Just let us know the following details and we'll...

• scxttlxnd
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Other
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

My playlist is not coming up when searched by name

I created a new playlist in our profile and when I search for it by the exact title it doesn't show up. I also tried searching for it with the first word only and it still does not come up. The playlist is called HardDrive Underground under our profi...

• Regular
  • superheart-4
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android][Podcasts] Adds during podcasts while I pay a monthly subscription

Paying a monthly subscription for other services typically ensures that you the subscriber no longer has to listen to ads. On spotify, users pay to listen to adds on the podcasts they enjoy listening to. Why? Is spotify more worried about losing the ...

• Visitor
  • Paying a monthly subscription for other services typically ensures that you the subscriber no longer has to listen to ads. On spotify, users pay to listen to adds on the podcasts they enjoy l...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Podcasts] Actually make Spotify useful for podcast users

Hi. I will cut to the chase. Your podcast useability is awful. Just trash. Once you bought the JRE podcast, I thought I may as well swap as many podcasts as possible over to your client, and just use that instead of pocket casts. I just can't do it. ...

• Visitor
  • Hi.  I will cut to the chase. Your podcast useability is awful.  Just trash. Once you bought the JRE podcast, I thought I may as well swap as many podcasts as possible over to your c...
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution [FireStick Roku,][Podcasts] Video Podcast Support - Community Thread

Here's an idea - for all of those who are unable to watch podcast videos on their devices. Given the JRE deal, it has become incredibly burdensome to watch the podcast since Fire Sticks, Rokus, etc don't have a Spotify app that supports it yet. The o...

• Visitor
  • ...ant to do with their membership in the meantime. For Valentine's Day, show our love for video podcasts with some tough love for Spotify. Spread the word, it's time to break up on 2/14/21.
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Firestick
    Podcasts
    roku
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Dear, Spotify why is there no video on your smart TV app?

For the sake of explanation, I will provide a translation of Spotify's response below.| "We will not give you what most people, avoid your question and direct you to similar questions will lead you to the same conclusion."You haven't solved this prob...

• Roadie
  • ...n casted TV device for podcasts casted via Chromecast/Roku etc. More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.   Cheers!
  • spotischlitz
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • All Platforms
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

[All Platforms][Podcasts] I will cancel Spotify if no video on apps by end of January

There are 20 other options besides Spotify and I will be choosing one of them and canceling Spotify by the end of January if video capability isn't provided on the apps. You got Rogan months and millions of dollars ago. There is no excuse. Spotify is...

• Roadie
  • There are 20 other options besides Spotify and I will be choosing one of them and canceling Spotify by the end of January if video capability isn't provided on the apps. You got Rogan months and mill...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • All Platforms
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Video and audio is out of Ssync

Joe Rogan postcasts video/audio is out of sync (both browser and app on computer). I am on a 500 mbps fiber connection, so my internet is generally flawless. I never had this problem when Joe was on Youtube. Please fix, as Joes podcast is my favorite...

• Visitor
  • Joe Rogan postcasts video/audio is out of sync (both browser and app on computer). I am on a 500 mbps fiber connection, so my internet is generally flawless. I never had this problem when Joe was on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • All Platforms
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [Podcasts] Podcast saved progression not working

When I complete a podcast episode on my Android phone or Windows PC app, the episode is marked as not-played. It saves progress if I stop early, but if the episode finishes completely, it's like I never listened to it.

• Visitor
  • When I complete a podcast episode on my Android phone or Windows PC app, the episode is marked as not-played. It saves progress if I stop early, but if the episode finishes completely, it's like I ne...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mobile][Podcasts] Video podcast won't show when connected to a car

When I am a passenger in a car and am connected to the cars bluetooth audio, the podcast video will not appear. When disconnected from the car the video continues like normal. It seems this may be an un controllable safety feature that gets in the wa...

• Visitor
  • When I am a passenger in a car and am connected to the cars bluetooth audio, the podcast video will not appear. When disconnected from the car the video continues like normal. It seems this may be an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Fix the fact that podcast playback resets across all devices

I find it pretty impossible to listen to podcasts on Spotify as the app seem to remember my progress MAYBE 20% of the time, which is probably generous. I experience this issue on all devices (mac/pc/android). Please fix??

• I find it pretty impossible to listen to podcasts on Spotify as the app seem to remember my progress MAYBE 20% of the time, which is probably generous. I experience this issue on all devices (mac/p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why is it so hard to post an idea?

There's been a few issues where I look up a problem I'm having, I find a thread where someone mentions that, and a Spotify Community Manager responds "Good Idea! Submit it to the ideas section!" Very few of these ideas end up getting posted there (at...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ccess denied" error when clicking the add new idea button.   If anyone wants to post my idea for me, it is "Sort all podcasts by new episode". There's no way to sort Spotify podcasts by which p...
  • Seanpaulcurran
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • complaint
    Ideas
    Podcasts
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Podcasts] Black Lives Matter

I find it great that Spotify has created a Black Lives Matter playlist and is promoting the Black Lives Matter community. I was however thinking how Spotify could take it a step further, by not only giving us music, but also supplying a selection of ...

• Casual Listener
  • ...nly giving us music, but also supplying a selection of interesting podcasts that could help inform and educate us about the matter! 
  • elefunks
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Remove ads from Michelle Obama Podcast (and any others) for premium users

I've been listening to podcasts on Spotify for some time, and yes I know sometimes ads are just uploaded as part of the actual podcast track and there's nothing you can do about that. But, I've been listening to the new Michelle Obama Podcast and hav...

• Music Fan
  • I've been listening to podcasts on Spotify for some time, and yes I know sometimes ads are just uploaded as part of the actual podcast track and there's nothing you can do about that. But, I've b...
  • _jimjam21_
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 12 likes
  • All Platforms
    Podcasts
  • 4 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution [Podcasts] Allow speed-up listening to podcasts like with audio books

Audiobook playback allows you to speed up the subject without changing pitch this allows you to go through a topic two or more times faster. This should be a great addition to the podcast playback. Obviously wouldn't work for all of them but would be...

• Casual Listener
  • Audiobook playback allows you to speed up the subject without changing pitch  this allows you to go through a topic two or more times faster. This should be a great addition to the podcast playb...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms][Podcasts] No genre showing on my new podcast

My podcast went up on Spotify yesterday, no problem, and I have been into the Spotify podcast manager and have added a genre, but no genre is showing when I look at the podcast on Spotify... HELP!!

• Visitor
  • My podcast went up on Spotify yesterday, no problem, and I have been into the Spotify podcast manager and have added a genre, but no genre is showing when I look at the podcast on Spotify...  &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms][Podcasts] rss feed

Seems like there is no way to enter an rss feed directly into spotify? Spotify is a main player now for podcasts... surely there is a way to do this? Every other major pod player seems to support it. I am a premium supporter of a podcast and was thin...

• Casual Listener
  • Seems like there is no way to enter an rss feed directly into spotify?    Spotify is a main player now for podcasts... surely there is a way to do this?  Every other major pod player s...
  • benMTL
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 48 likes
  • All Platforms
    Podcasts
  • 4 replies
  • 48 likes

Superuser Contribution [All Platforms][Podcasts] Sleep time for podcasts does not work

the title. the website doesnt allow me to submit an issue so i am submitting it here, the sleep timer for podcasts doesnt work. Ive woren up in the middle of the night with my podcast still playing amd i have to scramble to turn it off. If there is s...

• Casual Listener
  • the title. the website doesnt allow me to submit an issue so i am submitting it here, the sleep timer for podcasts doesnt work. Ive woren up in the middle of the night with my podcast still playing a...
  • SpotifyUser92
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Podcasts
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Podcasts] Spotify doesn't update podcast, need to restart the app

Repost of closed post:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/iOS-Podcasts-Spotify-doesn-t-update-podcast-need-to-restart-the/idc-p/4901400#M182035 Why do you close this idea before I can test your proposed solution?How much do Spotify apprecia...

• Music Fan
  • Repost of closed post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/iOS-Podcasts-Spotify-doesn-t-update-podcast-need-to-restart-the/idc-p/4901400#M182035   Why do you close this idea b...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • iOS
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Change audio of existing episode for my Podcast

I am building podcast hosting provider and bumped into some problems with Spotify .. When our users are changing audio file - changes are not reflected in Spotify? What do we have to do in order for Spotify to reload the file from original location? ...

• Visitor
  • I am building podcast hosting provider and bumped into some problems with Spotify ..   When our users are changing audio file - changes are not reflected in Spotify? What do we have to do in o...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes