Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: 429

Labels

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• rushilshah282
  • Visitor
  • 101 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 101 replies
  • 17 likes

Previously working code now triggers 429 errors without any changes.

I'm currently developing an app locally that creates a playlist using some JS logic and by fetching data from the API:-Getting All Artists from a certain Genre.-Getting All Albums from a certain Artist.-Getting All Track from a certain Album.Everythi...

• Regular
  • ...ts done the playlist is created in my profile. However, suddenly I've been getting 429 too many requests errors when I try to fetch "All Albums from a certain Artist." when this didn't use to h...
  • stefanobras
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
    daily limit
    Question
    rate limit
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Rate Limit 429

Hello everyone,I am making requests to the following endpoint:https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/get-recently-playedAnd I am receiving a 429 error. The documentation only mentions that there is a rate limit in a 30s window ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone, I am making requests to the following endpoint: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/get-recently-played And I am receiving a 429 error. The d...
  • stefanobras
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
    rate limit
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

429 error reponse only on the audio_features endpoint

PlanFree/PremiumCountryPolandDeviceLenovo Yoga C940-14IILOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueWhe trying to get audio features of a certain spotify track I always get the 429 error response, no matter how many tracks are accessed. The error...

• ...et the 429 error response, no matter how many tracks are accessed. The error occurs eve hen I try to get the audio features just for a single track, just as in the following code:   print(s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
    429 response
    error
    exception
    rate limiting
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting severe 429 Errors (Too Many Requests Error)

I'm the developer of Lyricify, which is an app for displaying scrolling lyrics for Spotify on Windows and Android. It highly relies on Get Playback State, it send the request frequently with an interval around 5-10s. And these days, 429 Rate Limit is...

• Music Fan
  • ...n interval around 5-10s. And these days, 429 Rate Limit is getting more and more severe, and it's a great impact on Lyricify user experience. Since it's a lyrics app, it have to send Get Playback S...
  • nathancoleman
  • Regular
  • 27 replies
  • 47 likes
    API Bug
  • 27 replies
  • 47 likes

Too Many Requests (429 Error) - blocked for 13 hours

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUnited StatesDeviceMacbook Pro M1 2020Operating SystemMacOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueI am running a Python script I wrote that uses the spotipy library to make Web API requests. My script will make a single request to searc...

• Plan Premium Family Country United States Device Macbook Pro M1 2020 Operating System MacOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue I am running a Python script I wrote that uses the spotipy lib...
  • teed_breezy
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
    api
    webapi
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Consistent 429 error after infinite loop bug

I had an infinite loop show up in my app that called spotify a ton of times. I fixed it quickly, but not my app is broken and my call (to get 'https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/playlists') is always returning a 429. What happened? How can I resolve this?

• Casual Listener
  • ...lways returning a 429. What happened? How can I resolve this?  
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Get 429 lifted

Hi I've been working on a Spotify application for a school project and I didn't realize it was continuously sending requests. I need the assignment to work but now I have a Retry-After of 9.5 hrs. I think I fixed the issue now and wanted to know if t...

• Hi I've been working on a Spotify application for a school project and I didn't realize it was continuously sending requests. I need the assignment to work but now I have a Retry-After of 9.5 hrs. &...
  • tomjaimz
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
    Retry-After
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Too many 429 error for Spotify API

Hi,Since the launch of Spotify in Russia, we are getting most of the time the 429 Rate limit with the Spotify API. Even now by stopping our service and decreasing the volume of requests... What can we do ? We never got such issue before and now on al...

• Roadie
  • Hi, Since the launch of Spotify in Russia, we are getting most of the time the 429 Rate limit with the Spotify API. Even now by stopping our service and decreasing the volume of requests... What c...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
    api
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes