Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: API request

Labels

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• liampronan
  • Casual Listener
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes

Error 429, how can I avoid rate limiting?

I have built a script that polls the user's current song around 1-3 times per minute (totaling ~4 times per song), since I am using this information elsewhere. I have reduced this as much as I can in order to avoid rate limiting, however, this is the...

• Visitor
  • I have built a script that polls the user's current song around 1-3 times per minute (totaling ~4 times per song), since I am using this information elsewhere. I have reduced this as much as I can in...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API Pricing
    API request
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Does anybody know what this number in the api call means?

In the link: https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=u%25&type=track&limit=1&offset=420what does the "25" mean? I bolded it

• Regular
  • In the link:  https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=u%25&type=track&limit=1&offset=420 what does the "25" mean? I bolded it 
  • timmyvc123
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API request
    API search
    Spotify Web API
    Web API
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting a random or filtered song from the entire Spotify library

My Question or IssueI'm working on a an app that integrates the Spotify Web API. was wondering if anybody knew how to or had any ideas on how to get a random song from the entire Spotify library using the API. Or instead of a totally random song, a s...

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue I'm working on a an app that integrates the Spotify Web API.  was wondering if anybody knew how to or had any ideas on how to get a random song from the entire Spotify libr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    API request
    Spotify Web API
    Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not accepted to Spotify API after a year of trying

I've been trying to get accepted to Spotify API for over a year now. Harmless apps, tried many. 0 feedback, not even a decline. What am I doing wrong?

• Regular
  • I've been trying to get accepted to Spotify API for over a year now. Harmless apps, tried many. 0 feedback, not even a decline. What am I doing wrong?  
  • IdaSällinen
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
    API account
    API request
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to request several scopes for a token to Spotify API

I need to "authorize" the bearer token to delete some tracks from a list (from my personal Spotify account) I'm following this flow I first make a POST request to https://accounts.spotify.com/api/token using `"Authorization: Basic ZjM4ZjAw...WY0MzE="...

• Regular
  • I need to "authorize" the bearer token to delete some tracks from a list (from my personal Spotify account) I'm following this flow I first make a POST request to https://accounts.spotify.com/api/tok...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API reference
    API request
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Accessing Spotify API without Logging In

Hi, for my class I am trying to create an application in which a group of people can collaborate on a playlist and then export that playlist to Spotify. One of the reasons we thought of this idea is to have it so people without a Spotify account can ...

• Visitor
  • Hi, for my class I am trying to create an application in which a group of people can collaborate on a playlist and then export that playlist to Spotify.  One of the reasons we thought of this id...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
    API request
    API search
    searching
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can I use the Audio Features and Analysis API data in a neural network?

I'm developing a web app that uses Spotify's Audio Features and Analysis. My intent is to use this data in a neural network under a commercial license. However, I couldn't figure out if this is allowed. I found an old post that asked a similar questi...

• Regular
  • I'm developing a web app that uses Spotify's Audio Features and Analysis. My intent is to use this data in a neural network under a commercial license. However, I couldn't figure out if this is allow...
  • epeacock1970
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API request
    Terms of Service
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Get recommended song from selected genres for the user

Is there any(or is there any possibility to add) GET requst which includes as a qury param of a list of genres and returns a recommended track(1 track only which belongs to any of the genres) for the user?

• Visitor
  • Is there any(or is there any possibility to add) GET requst which includes as a qury param of a list of genres and returns a recommended track(1 track only which belongs to any of the genres) for the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API request
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution What happens when you play on a user that has never used any device?

Been thinking about developing an app that consumes the spotify API and I've been wondering what would happen if I attempt to play a song on an account that has no devices associated to it?Is there a way to create a faux device for testing? Make the ...

• Been thinking about developing an app that consumes the spotify API and I've been wondering what would happen if I attempt to play a song on an account that has no devices associated to it? Is the...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API request
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes