Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: Possible Bug

Labels

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• pkrds
  • Regular
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes

User playlists are no more returned in the right order

Hi!For a week or more, this endpoint "/v1/me/playlists" will no longer return user playlists in the correct order, as it did before.The playlist order returned by the API is no longer the same as the one on the Spotify App itself. Is there any fix re...

• Roadie
  • Hi! For a week or more, this endpoint "/v1/me/playlists" will no longer return user playlists in the correct order, as it did before. The playlist order returned by the API is no longer the same as...
  • TiceWise
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Album data not returned

Using the API to get tracks on a playlist and album data isn’t being returned under each track, just an empty bracket {}. Anyone else having this issue?

•   Using the API to get tracks on a playlist and album data isn’t being returned under each track, just an empty bracket {}. Anyone else having this issue? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album
    api
    Playlists
    Possible Bug
    Question
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

problem with token Unauthorized

i request my token with my client id and client secret i can get the token but if i want to use this token to do anyhting else i cant use it for example im trying to get current user's id https://api.spotify.com/v1/me but documentations says that you...

• i request my token with my client id and client secret i can get the token but if i want to use this token to do anyhting else i cant use it for example im trying to get current user's id https://api...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Max retries reached, too many 429 error responses on 'audio_features' endpoint only

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippines My Question or IssueMy first app worked earlier. But after one loop through a 700-song playlist, it started giving me an Error 429. Normally this would be fine, but there's also no 'Retry-After' in the HTTPS response hea...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines   My Question or Issue My first app worked earlier. But after one loop through a 700-song playlist, it started giving me an Error 429. Normally this would ...
  • BuggerMe
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Getting error 429 when using audio_features (even for a single track)

track_features = sp.audio_features(["3GYlZ7tbxLOxe6ewMNVTkw"])This is my code and this is the error I'm gettingMax Retries reachedurllib3.exceptions.ResponseError: too many 429 error responsesThe above exception was the direct cause of the following ...

• Casual Listener
  •   track_features = sp.audio_features(["3GYlZ7tbxLOxe6ewMNVTkw"]) This is my code and this is the error I'm getting Max Retries reached urllib3.exceptions.ResponseError: too many 429 error r...
  • dmwatibo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Feature Request
    Possible Bug
    Question
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

The playlist creation endpoint is frequently returning "502 Error while loading resource"

The playlist creation endpoint (docs) is frequently returning HTTP error code 502 and a response body that looks like: {"error": {"status": 502, "message": "Error while loading resource" } } This has completely broken the app that I develop, and is t...

• Regular
  • The playlist creation endpoint (docs) is frequently returning HTTP error code 502 and a response body that looks like:   {"error": {"status": 502, "message": "Error while loading resource" } }...
  • nathancoleman
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

[Web API] Adding tracks to a public playlist requires playlist-modify-private scope

Hello everyone ! My use case :Via the Spotify Web API, I want to create a public playlist and add tracks to it.My implementation :I setup a spotify auth flow that requires the playlist-modify-public scope.Then when I get the auth token I create the p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone !    My use case : Via the Spotify Web API, I want to create a public playlist and add tracks to it. My implementation : I setup a spotify auth flow that r...
  • blackarcanis
  • Roadie
  • 34 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 34 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't set playlist to privat via the API

PlanPremiumCountryGermany `Put`ting a playlist to `public: false` via the API does not work (https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/change-playlist-details). On the next request, the URL is `public: true` again. Moreover, doing...

• Plan Premium Country Germany   `Put`ting a playlist to `public: false` via the API does not work (https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/change-playlist-details). O...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mail verification link still not working

My Question or IssueEvery time I try to verify my email address it always sends me to a page that says "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again." It's getting infuriating how often this is happening and how many solutions I see that aren't worki...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue Every time I try to verify my email address it always sends me to a page that says "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again." It's getting infuriating how often this is hap...
  • Wick0o
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Searching shows does not work

I'm trying to send a simple request to search for a show, but for some reason all the results come back as null. This only happens for shows, and when I try the same request on the test page on the website, it works perfectly fine. Show search reques...

showRequest.png trackRequest.png websiteShowRequest.png
  • I'm trying to send a simple request to search for a show, but for some reason all the results come back as null. This only happens for shows, and when I try the same request on the test page on the w...
  • SantiagoBalcero
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Mail verification Link not working

Need to verify my mail adress to create an app. But the verification link in the mail is not working. Tried it multiple times with different devices and internet browsers. Still not working.I messaged the Spotify Support and they told me they are not...

• Casual Listener
  • Need to verify my mail adress to create an app. But the verification link in the mail is not working. Tried it multiple times with different devices and internet browsers. Still not working. I messa...
  • caitvcoop
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Possible Bug
    Question
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

To short podcast answering funktion. 100 more?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotipy api is not giving me data for queries

The spotipy api is not giving any data neither any error, initially 2 days ago it gave me Max tries reached but after that when i am trying to extract data for a couple of tracks and store it in a file , it's not giving any data and the file is blank...

• Visitor
  • The spotipy api is not giving any data neither any error, initially 2 days ago it gave me Max tries reached but after that when i am trying to extract data for a couple of tracks and store it in a fi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API rate limit
    Possible Bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

A song start to play without my command

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceSamsung Galaxy S21 FE, Asus VivoBook 15)Operating System(Android Oreo and Windows 10) My Question or IssueIn my Spotify account, both on my cellphone and my PC, a song called "Like That - Future" starts playing repeatedl...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Brasil Device Samsung Galaxy S21 FE, Asus VivoBook 15) Operating System (Android Oreo and Windows 10)   My Question or Issue In my Spotify account, both on my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Websites/Apps using stats from API are inaccurate

PlanStudentCountryUSDeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS My Question or IssueThis is something I’ve been noticing within the past couple of days from the user end, along with all of the dozen other spotify and third-party website users that I’ve asked....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Student Country US Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue This is something I’ve been noticing within the past couple of days from the user end, along with a...
  • Cheese_Dad
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • API Bug
    Incorrect Statistics
    Possible API Bug
    Possible Bug
    Possible Bug API
    Statistics
    User Statistics
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify embed player only shows 30 second preview on LinkedIn articles

PlanFreeCountryUKDeviceMacbook Pro M1Operating SystemiOS My Question or IssueI have used the embed option for a podcast episode within a LinkedIn article. However, it only shows a 30 second preview in Chrome. On Safari it shows the full episode.Howev...

• Plan Free Country UK Device Macbook Pro M1 Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue I have used the embed option for a podcast episode within a LinkedIn article. However, it only sh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 401 unauthorized on /me request but not /search request Python

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomOperating System(Windows 11)IDEPycharm My Question or IssueI've tried searching through the topics to find the solution and while there do appear to be solutions relating to my issue, they are either not using Python s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Operating System (Windows 11) IDE Pycharm   My Question or Issue I've tried searching through the topics to find the solution and while there do app...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Singular duplicate in paginated current user playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDELL G5 5500Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 11 Home My Question or IssueI'm using the TypeScript SDK (@spotify/**bleep**) to write a simple application. I wrote a function to get all of the current user's playli...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device DELL G5 5500 Operating System Microsoft Windows 11 Home   My Question or Issue I'm using the TypeScript SDK (@spotify/**bleep**) to write a si...
  • Randal
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Possible Bug
    Question
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't seek position of next track with the SKD player (autoplay)

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceMac mini 2023Operating SystemMacOS 14.2.1 My Question or IssueHello, I'm creating an application using the Spotify SDK, but I've been facing an issue: When the track comes to the end and the next one starts, I can't cont...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Mac mini 2023 Operating System MacOS 14.2.1   My Question or Issue Hello, I'm creating an application using the Spotify SDK, but I've been facing an ...
  • MarcoMadera
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Retrieving a user's individual Release Radar or Discover Weekly playlist

I have an app that creates a playlist based on a user's Release Radar or Discover Weekly playlists. This app has been working fine for a long time, but as of sometime this week it seems to be malfunctioning (without any changes to my code). The way I...

• Regular
  • I have an app that creates a playlist based on a user's Release Radar or Discover Weekly playlists. This app has been working fine for a long time, but as of sometime this week it seems to be malfunc...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Feature Request
    Possible Bug
    Question
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes