Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: Web API

Labels

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• pkrds
  • Regular
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes

[Web API] Get Several Tracks maximum ids

Documentation for get several tracks endpoint says that maximum ids in the query can be up to 100. However in practise, I find the limit is 50.Either mis-documented or the API is not behaving as expected

• Documentation for get several tracks endpoint says that maximum ids in the query can be up to 100.   However in practise, I find the limit is 50. Either mis-documented or the API is not beh...
  • lmmx
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Possible Bug
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Need Spotify to be running while playing from a client?

Understand there is 'Spotify Connect' and allows to switch between playback devices. I'm building a Java client using Spotify Web API and noticed that when I tried to play any tracks, it needs Spotify desktop client to be running and the song plays t...

• Regular
  • Understand there is 'Spotify Connect' and allows to switch between playback devices. I'm building a Java client using Spotify Web API and noticed that when I tried to play any tracks, it needs Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • player
    Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with Web Playback SDK API Access for Spotify Premium

PlanPremium MiniCountry India DeviceWindowsOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueRecently, I upgraded to Spotify Premium with the intention of utilizing the Web Playback SDK API for my web page. However, upon attempting to integrate the API...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Mini Country India   Device Windows Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently, I upgraded to Spotify Premium with the intention of utilizing t...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playback SDK
    Premium Mini
    Web API
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Web API Request: GET Queue

The Spotify Web API is wonderful but it's lacking a very important route: Getting a user's queue. Are there any plans to add this feature in the near future?

• Casual Listener
  • The Spotify Web API is wonderful but it's lacking a very important route: Getting a user's queue. Are there any plans to add this feature in the near future?
  • vishalnanavare
  • 7 replies
  • 46 likes
  • queue
    queue list
    queue management
    Web API
    Web Development
  • 7 replies
  • 46 likes

Solved!! Web API 502 Bad Gateway for top items endpoints when offset and limit exceed total

Hi, I have started getting 502 Bad Gateway errors when paginating using the "next" link from the API response body, when "limit" is not initially set to a factor of the total items. I was successfully paginating with a "limit" of 49, which allowed me...

ReubenF_1-1708481959678.png
  • Regular
  • Hi, I have started getting 502 Bad Gateway errors when paginating using the "next" link from the API response body, when "limit" is not initially set to a factor of the total items.   &nbs...
  • ReubenF
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 502 Bad Gateway
    Possible Bug
    Top Items
    Web API
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Get Available devices, getting no devices.

PlanFreeCountryIndia DeviceWeb APIOperating SystemMacOS My Question or IssueUsing the Spotify Java API (https://github.com/spotify-web-api-java/spotify-web-api-java/), I am not able to get the list of devices. Its showing the following exception: se....

• Regular
  •   Plan Free Country India  Device Web API Operating System MacOS   My Question or Issue Using the Spotify Java API (https://github.com/spotify-web-api-java/spotify-web-api-j...
  • codeNICK
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web API
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with pagination in "Get Artist's Albums" endpoint

PlanFreeCountryGreeceOperating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI try to consume the "Get Artist's Albums" endpoint but I face an issue when trying to implment pagination. When I try to make a request using the parameter "include_groups" either...

• Plan Free Country Greece Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I try to consume the "Get Artist's Albums" endpoint but I face an issue when trying to implment pagination. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API Endpoint
    pagination
    Possible Bug
    spotify api
    Spotify Web API
    Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I get full song from Spotify using Web API or iOS SDK?

Hi all, I am developing a custom player mobile app, it will play songs from Spotify, but I can only get preview_url which provide 30s of the song.Is it possible to get full song of Spotify using Web API or iOS SDK? Thank you so much.

• Regular
  • Hi all, I am developing a custom player mobile app, it will play songs from Spotify, but I can only get preview_url which provide 30s of the song. Is it possible to get full song of Spotify using We...
  • rozzermartin
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • full song
    iOS SDK
    Web API
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Web API: Queue endpoint needs polish

I'm working on building a queue view using the newish Queue endpoint, but there are a few bugs/missing features:Firstly, it returns 20 results, including currently playing. But it always returns 20 results - even when the queue is 12 items long. You ...

• Music Fan
  • I'm working on building  a queue view using the newish Queue endpoint, but there are a few bugs/missing features: Firstly, it returns 20 results, including currently playing. But it always ret...
  • monkeyboy2805
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • queue management
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

Recommendation endpoint doesn't respond

I'm developing a flask application that uses the recommendation endpoint to generate new playlists. Currently in development mode, with the only active user being myself. I ran into an issue yesterday where all my endpoint requests seem to be working...

• Regular
  • I'm developing a flask application that uses the recommendation endpoint to generate new playlists. Currently in development mode, with the only active user being myself. I ran into an issue yesterda...
  • upgrader-dev
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • API Help
    API request
    Spotify Recommendations
    Web API
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

API: Searching albums using 'label' filter is limited to 100 results

Hi, album seaches with a 'label' filter, that used to return up to 1000 results, now appear to have a hard limit of 100 results e.g. `q=label:"Capitol"` curl --request GET \ --url 'https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=label%3A%22Capitol%22&type=album'...

_dig_dug_0-1704563885644.png _dig_dug_2-1704564139922.png
  • Hi, album seaches with a 'label' filter, that used to return up to 1000 results, now appear to have a hard limit of 100 results e.g. `q=label:"Capitol"`     curl --request GET \ --url ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Search
    Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Oauth sign in to web api without web browser / graphical interface

I'm working on the alarm clock with Spotify playlists and albums. I wrote a client (https://github.com/ciembor/spotify-cmd) based on a Spotify Web API and it works well, but when I Connect using oauth it opens browser and then uses my callback. The p...

• Regular
  • I'm working on the alarm clock with Spotify playlists and albums. I wrote a client (https://github.com/ciembor/spotify-cmd) based on a Spotify Web API and it works well, but when I Connect using oaut...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    authentication
    Authentication Token
    Console
    Linux
    OAuth
    oAuth2
    Spotify Web API
    Terminal
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Genre search is broken

Using the web developer console, the search endpoint is no longer returning results for genres that include spaces or hyphens. This worked before, and has been broken for about a week:

Top50Clean_0-1701625529680.png Top50Clean_1-1701625565955.png
  • Roadie
  • Using the web developer console, the search endpoint is no longer returning results for genres that include spaces or hyphens. This worked before, and has been broken for about a week:   ...
  • Top50Clean
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API search
    Web API
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unauthorized Error on Get Current User Data

My auth code to get auth token: const requestAuthToken = async () => {await fetch("https://accounts.spotify.com/api/token", { body: `grant_type=client_credentials&client_id=${CLIENT_ID}&client_secret=${CLIENT_SECRET}`, headers: { "Content-Type": "app...

• Casual Listener
  • My auth code to get auth token:   const requestAuthToken = async () => { await fetch("https://accounts.spotify.com/api/token", { body: `grant_type=client_credentials&client_id=${CLIE...
  • mbattaloglu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Web API
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Commercial use of Spotify Web API

PlanFree/Premium CountryGlobal DeviceAutomotive Operating SystemWeb API My Question or IssueWe would like to suggest B2B partnership, we want to use Spotify Web API for commercial use. I read all legal statement of your homepage. But it's still not c...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium   Country Global    Device Automotive   Operating System Web API   My Question or Issue We would like to suggest B2B partnership, we want to us...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Commercial API
    commercial license
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Regional Listening Data

Is there a way to pull listening data from a geographic location (say a 5 mile area)? Or would one have to accumulate listening data over time and link it to an end-users location (with permission of course)?

• Is there a way to pull listening data from a geographic location (say a 5 mile area)? Or would one have to accumulate listening data over time and link it to an end-users location (with permission of...
  • zakthebrit
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • geography
    Listening data
    Web API
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Monetization on Tiered Web app

Long time listener first time caller here, I am building a web application that I was hoping to enable playback of music via the Spotify Web API. I have read the terms a million times and see the examples provided, which means I can't charge a 5$/mon...

• Casual Listener
  • Long time listener first time caller here,   I am building a web application that I was hoping to enable playback of music via the Spotify Web API. I have read the terms a million times and se...
  • 31zfcwiqemanod5o24xd
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • monetization
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Handling user's free and premium subscription in web api?

Building one personal hobby project with Spotify I have no idea how to distinguish or handle user's with free and premium subscription. Can anyone explain?

• Casual Listener
  • Building one personal hobby project with Spotify  I have no idea how to distinguish or handle user's with free and premium subscription.  Can anyone explain?
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

OpenApi/Swagger description for the Web API

As Spotify has not updated the RAML description for the Web API for 5 years, I started to write a parser for the Web API reference documentation to generate a machine-readable format of the documentation. From this machine-readable documentation, I a...

• Regular
  • As Spotify has not updated the RAML description for the Web API for 5 years, I started to write a parser for the Web API reference documentation to generate a machine-readable format of the docu...
  • klaxon_de
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • open source
    OpenAPI
    swagger
    Web API
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes

[Web API] Search not returning certain album

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceLenovo Thinkpad T490Operating SystemLinux Manjaro My Question or IssueFor prototyping I am using my laptop to emulate a bluetooth speaker and have my phone connected to the laptop over bluetooth. My plan is to use the s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Lenovo Thinkpad T490 Operating System Linux Manjaro   My Question or Issue For prototyping I am using my laptop to emulate a bluetooth speaker and h...
  • LeanderJDev
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Possible Bug
    Question
    search web API
    Spotify Web API
    Web API
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes