Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: Web API

Labels

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• pkrds
  • Regular
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes

Solved!! Web API search with a query > 144 characters returns 404

Plan: PremiumHello, third party app developer here.I hit a strange issue in development while searching for a very long track title.It appears that there is a hard limit of 144 characters for the `q` query parameter in the Web API /search endpoint.Se...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Hello, third party app developer here. I hit a strange issue in development while searching for a very long track title. It appears that there is a hard limit of 144 chara...
  • czac1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Query
    Search
    Web API
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Web API - IP block?

Hello, recently my App stopped working, after investigating I discovered that none of my requests towards Spotify are answered anymore. Not even a plain GET to spotify.com or a ping. It seems to me my servers IP has been completely blocked somehow?My...

• Hello,   recently my App stopped working, after investigating I discovered that none of my requests towards Spotify are answered anymore.   Not even a plain GET to spotify.com or a ping...
  • bacto
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When to use spotify web playback sdk vs web api

Hi, I'm developing a music events listing web app using nextjs, and supabase as backend. I'm trying to add functionality where if a user uses spotify (and they have a premium account) to authenticate with my app, they can stream music directly from t...

• Regular
  • Hi, I'm developing a music events listing web app using nextjs, and supabase as backend. I'm trying to add functionality where if a user uses spotify (and they have a premium account) to authenticate...
  • FabGotbig
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • SDK
    Web API
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App "disabled and blocked" after submitting quota extension request

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 14 Pro, MacBook ProOperating SystemLatest versions My Question or IssueAfter submitting an extension request, my app is marked as "disabled and blocked". I can still authenticate and receive a user token, b...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 14 Pro, MacBook Pro Operating System Latest versions   My Question or Issue After submitting an extension request, my app is marked as ...
  • firedanceapp
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
    extension request
    Question
    Web API
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

API to Get Future Release Dates of Podcasts

PlanPremiumCountryFinland My Question or Issue Is it possible to get the future release dates for podcast episodes?I would like to create a solution that would show when the next episode for a selected podcast will be released. At the moment I can on...

• Plan Premium Country Finland   My Question or Issue  Is it possible to get the future release dates for podcast episodes? I would like to create a solution that would show when the n...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API Question
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Transfer playback returns 500

Hello,I'm calling the transfer playback method of the Web API and always get a 500 response. Other methods seem to work fine. Is this a server issue or am I doing somethign wrong? curl --request PUT --url https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player --header...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm calling the transfer playback method of the Web API and always get a 500 response. Other methods seem to work fine. Is this a server issue or am I doing somethign wrong?    ...
  • chatziko
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Web API
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

[Web API] Add WebSockets to the Web API for sending real-time events

Add WebSockets to the Web API for sending real-time events like play, pause, skip and more. This way the users of the API will not have to make frequent requests for these kinds of data and will get the data when these events happens. This will reall...

• Regular
  • Add WebSockets to the Web API for sending real-time events like play, pause, skip and more. This way the users of the API will not have to make frequent requests for these kinds of data and will get ...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes
  • API request
    Web API
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes

Sorting user albums by artist name or title with the We API

It seems like the endpoint to fetch the current user's saved albums, sorts the resulting albums by date added to library, and there seems to be know way of changing that, or is there?The client app currently has a drop-down box to sort albums by arti...

• Casual Listener
  • ...lient app currently has a drop-down box to sort albums by artist, title and recently added. Could that feature be made available for the public endpoint? It would be quite useful.
  • man-et-arms
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

When adding or updating playlist details, only works half the time

Whats up all -- I have a web app that uses both the "CreatePlaylist" + "Change Playlist Details" Web API calls. For the CreatePlaylist call, I always pass name and description. I noticed that half of the time the playlists have no description after b...

• Casual Listener
  • Whats up all --   I have a web app that uses both the "CreatePlaylist" + "Change Playlist Details" Web API calls.   For the CreatePlaylist call, I always pass name and description. I no...
  • adilanchian
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Can't Create Playlists
    Web API
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution storing lyrics from API

PlanFreeCountryRepublic of KoreaDeviceSamSung Galaxy S20 UltraOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHi! We are learning Programming in SSAFY(https://www.ssafy.com/ksp/jsp/swp/swpMain.jsp, contact: **bleep** ). SSAFY stands for Samsung Soft...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Republic of Korea Device SamSung Galaxy S20 Ultra Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Hi! We are learning Programming in SSAFY(https://www.ssafy...
  • MarieAdkins
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lyric
    Web API
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot update my playlist through the API

Doing my own project and trying to automate the process of updating a playlist I own.I've created an AWS Lambda that every week, at a certain time starts to run and retrieves the last added songs from one playlist and then updates the second playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • ...I've tried to add the post call of 'https://accounts.spotify.com/api/token' the scope param of 'playlist-modify-private playlist-modify-public user-library-read' which didn't help 😞 My question i...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Web API
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Check users podcast review

PlanPremiumCountryAustriaDeviceVivo 5GOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueI wanted to ask if their is any possible way to check to star reviews on podcast of usere with the web api. I wanted to programm an app for the listeners of a spec...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Austria Device Vivo 5G Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue I wanted to ask if their is any possible way to check to star reviews on podcast o...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Star review
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Currently playing episode

Hey there, This post is requesting access to "currently playing episode" through the Spotify Web API, either through the "Get Playback State" endpoint (/me/player) or the "Get Currently Playing Track" endpoint (ideally both). It seems that podcasts a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there,   This post is requesting access to "currently playing episode" through the Spotify Web API, either through the "Get Playback State" endpoint (/me/player) or the "Get Currently Play...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Podcast API
    Web API
    Web Playback API
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Web API - preview_url for track is null

CountryItalyDeviceWeb APIOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am using the Web-API for a project. I found multiple tracks, where the field "preview_url" is null in the response (nearly half of those I tested). Tried with client credential...

• Country Italy Device Web API Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am using the Web-API for a project. I found multiple tracks, where the field "preview_url" is null in th...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • web
    Web API
    web-api
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Error trying to refresh the access token

Hi, I am currently developing a mobile application that uses Spotify integration, as you may know when authenticating with spotify we receive an access token and a refresh token, the first one expires after an hour and the second one is used to reque...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am currently developing a mobile application that uses Spotify integration, as you may know when authenticating with spotify we receive an access token and a refresh token, the first one expire...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • access_token
    nestjs
    Node
    react native
    refress_token
    Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Update playlist tracks doesn't recognise "uris" parameter

I'm trying to update the tracks in a playlist using the playlists/playlist_id/tracks PUT action, as described at https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/reorder-or-replace-playlists-tracks.I'm using this curl comman...

• I'm trying to update the tracks in a playlist using the playlists/playlist_id/tracks PUT action, as described at https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/reorder-or-...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Web API
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Web Api: Get a artist's cover image.

HI, I am trying to find way to get with Web API artist's cover image (for example Billie Eilish cover image: https://i.scdn.co/image/ab6761860000660e9dfab1cdba3d588674fd8bcd) not artist song image. - It can be done with scraping the web page, but thi...

• Casual Listener
  • HI, I am trying to find way to get with Web API artist's cover image (for example Billie Eilish cover image: https://i.scdn.co/image/ab6761860000660e9dfab1cdba3d588674fd8bcd) not artist song image. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
    Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How to return all playlists that include a specific track

Hello, I'm interested in creating a tool that returns all playlists that include a certain track. The tool would be similar to the one used in these websites: https://www.chosic.com/spotify-playlist-search-tool-by-song-or-artist/https://vibify.net/Ex...

• Hello, I'm interested in creating a tool that returns all playlists that include a certain track. The tool would be similar to the one used in these websites:  https://www.chosic.com/spotify-p...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Query
    Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Web Playback SDK not working in Chrome but works in Firefox

Hi all, I’ve been using the web playback SDK for a while with no issues. Now I’m not getting any sound on chrome even though the playback and app seems to be working. I’ve just tested it on Firefox and it works perfectly. Any ideas what’s causing thi...

• Hi all, I’ve been using the web playback SDK for a while with no issues. Now I’m not getting any sound on chrome even though the playback and app seems to be working.  I’ve just tested it o...
  • cent0nZz
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • api
    playback
    Playback SDK
    Web API
    Web Playback API
    Web SDK
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

'404 - Invalid Username' when requesting /currently-playing endpoint

Plan: FreeCountry: United KingdomDevice: Surface Pro 3 Operating System: Windows 10 (21H2) using Brave browserMy Question or Issue:I believe I have successfully authenticated to the API using this code: /* Get Spotify Authorization Token */ $ch = cur...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Free Country: United Kingdom Device: Surface Pro 3  Operating System: Windows 10 (21H2) using Brave browser My Question or Issue: I believe I have successfully authenticated...
  • anomis66
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • currently playing
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes