Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forum Posts

[Car Thing] Setup & troubleshooting guide

Hey folks, glad to see you here! We've put together this guide to help you out along your Car Thing journey. Getting a Car Thing Spoiler (Highlight to read) If you haven't already, you can register for one here. When you successfully register, you'll...

Capture2222222.PNG
  • Spotify Legend
  • JesseNewsom
  • Casual Listener
  • 48 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Car Thing
    Other
  • 48 replies
  • 4 likes

What do you like most about Car Thing?

Hey everyone, Since announcing the launch of our new smart player Car Thing last week, the enthusiasm we keep receiving in response has been as awesome as the thing itself. More than just a player, it’s your own soundtrack curator when in the car whi...

• Spotify Legend
  • im_england
  • Regular
  • 26 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Use Car Thing without adapter?

PlanPremiumCountryUS DevicePixel 5 My Question or IssueI drive a Mazda Cx-5 and the cigarette lighter is inside the storage compartment NOT in the center console. I do have 2 USB ports in the center console which would work perfectly but there doesn'...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device Pixel 5   My Question or Issue I drive a Mazda Cx-5 and the cigarette lighter is inside the storage compartment NOT in the center console. I do hav...
  • vonlothringen
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Car Thing
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Car Thing screen detached.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceCar ThingOperating SystemNot applicable My Question or IssueThe two shell pieces detached, and the ribbon that attaches the screen to the motherboard is unplugged. How do I secure the two pieces and reconnect the ribbon?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Car Thing Operating System Not applicable   My Question or Issue The two shell pieces detached, and the ribbon that attaches the screen to the motherboa...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • assembly
    Car Thing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Car Thing iPhone Volume Bug

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemiOS 15.1 My Question or IssueWhen starting my car, my phone's Bluetooth will connect to my Car Thing before it connects to my car radio. When my phone connects to my car radio, my phon...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System iOS 15.1   My Question or Issue When starting my car, my phone's Bluetooth will connect to my Car Thing before ...
  • TigernBilly
  • Casual Listener
  • 31 replies
  • 4 likes
  • bluetooth
    bug
    Car Thing
    Volume Control
  • 31 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Car Thing: No visuals, just backlight. Cannot Interact. Reboot temporarily fixes it.

DevicePixel 7 Pro/ Car ThingOperating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueAlmost every time I start my car, the car thing will:Turn on,Show the Spotify Logo,Then will go black with only the backlight visible.None of the dials or buttons work, but it...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Pixel 7 Pro/ Car Thing Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue Almost every time I start my car, the car thing will: Turn on, Show the Spotify Logo, Then will go black...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bugs
    Car Thing
    reboot
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Car thing - Sold out

Might not be the right forum, but I saw a few posts about the Car Thing on youtube and tried registering for a free one a couple of months back however it seemed limited to the US rather than global premium/family plans. I went to look at purchasing ...

• Casual Listener
  • Might not be the right forum, but I saw a few posts about the Car Thing  on youtube and tried registering for a free one a couple of months back however it seemed limited to the US rather than g...
  • stonedcyclops420713
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • availability
    Car Thing
    sold out
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Car Thing] Setup & troubleshooting guide

Hey folks, glad to see you here! We've put together this guide to help you out along your Car Thing journey. Getting a Car Thing Spoiler (Highlight to read) If you haven't already, you can register for one here. When you successfully register, you'll...

Capture2222222.PNG
  • Spotify Legend
  • Hey folks, glad to see you here!   We've put together this guide to help you out along your Car Thing journey.   Getting a Car Thing If you haven't already, you can register for...
  • JesseNewsom
  • Casual Listener
  • 48 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Car Thing
    Other
  • 48 replies
  • 4 likes

Car thing offline problem

 PlanPremium Country DeviceiPhone SE, car thingOperating Systemios 16 My Question or IssueI bought the Spotify car thing to play music in my car with my Spotify premium account off-line, as I do not have any cellular data. When I try to play music of...

50D22EE8-737C-428F-A88C-8670CF1356CE.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium  Country   Device iPhone SE, car thing Operating System ios 16   My Question or Issue I bought the Spotify car thing to play music in my car with my Spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Car Thing
    Offline issues
    support
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Does Car Thing work with a Starbucks Partner plan?

PlanPremium (Through Starbucks partner benefit)CountryUSA DeviceiPhone 13 MiniOperating SystemiOS 16 My Question or IssueHi! I have a Spotify Premium plan that I get through my employer, Starbucks. As I understand, Car Thing can only be used with a m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (Through Starbucks partner benefit) Country USA   Device iPhone 13 Mini Operating System iOS 16   My Question or Issue Hi! I have a Spotify Premium plan that I get t...
  • ncholman
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Car Thing
    Premium
    spotify partner
    Starbucks
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can you get Car thing for free if you purchase a spotify premium account for the first time?

PlanPremiumCountryUSAMy Question or IssueI recently signed up for the car thing waiting list prior to the release, but I don't know how to receive one... I know your supposed to be a premium user and I am going to purchase a premium plan as well, wha...

•   Plan Premium Country USA My Question or Issue I recently signed up for the car thing waiting list prior to the release, but I don't know how to receive one... I know your supposed to be ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Car Thing
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Albums in random order for Car thing

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy 21 I have hundreds of albums saved in my spotify and it seems to me that the albums when using car thing are in random order, not alpha, not by date added, or anything. I cant find a way to change the album or...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy 21   I have hundreds of albums saved in my spotify and it seems to me that the albums when using car thing are in random order, not alpha, no...
  • mw2000
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • album order
    Car
    Car Thing
    date added
    Thing
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Car Thing won't add to cart

I finally received my offer email for Car Thing. I went through the steps to "Add to Cart" and then the next page where I assume I can see my cart does not load. Instead, the page I get reads, "It seems we've hit a dead-end" and gives me a "U-Turn Ba...

• Casual Listener
  • I finally received my offer email for Car Thing. I went through the steps to "Add to Cart" and then the next page where I assume I can see my cart does not load. Instead, the page I get reads, "It se...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Car Thing
    Cart
    CarThing Issue
    Purchasing
  • 12 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution [Bug] Unable to change podcast speed

I've noticed a bug with Car Thing where it'll show the speed my podcast is playing at, but if I tap the button to change it, it doesn't respond. I've noticed it has button-like responses, so it seems like it should change the speed of the podcast. I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've noticed a bug with Car Thing where it'll show the speed my podcast is playing at, but if I tap the button to change it, it doesn't respond. I've noticed it has button-like responses, so it seems...
  • xlevix10
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Car Thing
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I was charged $92 for Car Thing

i successfully ordered a car thing, but i was charged twice, once for the prince it's supposed to be ($6.99) and then again for $92!!! i have been trying to contact support for over 24 hours (twitter AND the spotify support chat) and im getting NOTHI...

• Visitor
  • i successfully ordered a car thing, but i was charged twice, once for the prince it's supposed to be ($6.99) and then again for $92!!! i have been trying to contact support for over 24 hours (twitter...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Car Thing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Car Thing Duo

Hi there! I’m a member of a Duo Premium Plan, and got the confirmation that I’m eligible now to order Car Thing. However, I saw that only the plan manager is allowed to actually place the order, and I do not believe she signed up initially to get on ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there!   I’m a member of a Duo Premium Plan, and got the confirmation that I’m eligible now to order Car Thing. However, I saw that only the plan manager is allowed to actually place the or...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Car Thing
    Duo
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Car Thing could be amazing for Basic Phone users

When I saw the ad for Car Thing I was so completely stoked. I've recently made the switch to a more minimal phone set-up using a Light Phone but have been unable to completely get away from using my old smartphone so I could listen to Spotify and pod...

• Casual Listener
  • When I saw the ad for Car Thing I was so completely stoked.    I've recently made the switch to a more minimal phone set-up using a Light Phone but have been unable to completely get away...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Car Thing
    Idea submission
    LightOS
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes