Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: Web Player

Labels

Forum Posts

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent Linux client update changes

Hey! There has been an update to the Spotify Linux client signatures.Users may see errors linked to missing keys and failed signature verifications for Spotify when updating the system. If this happens to you, this can be fixed by manually adding the...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! [Troubleshooting] Linux Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before.So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Basic troubleshooting Go through th...

• Community Legend
  • sleeksorrow
  • Roadie
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Linux
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes

Auto-sync of playlist to "My Music"

Is there a way to auto-sync playlists to "My Music"? There are multiple playlists that I love, but the playlist authors (including Spotify), frequently update the playlist, adding and removing songs. Unless you're there to drag and drop the songs int...

• Is there a way to auto-sync playlists to "My Music"?   There are multiple playlists that I love, but the playlist authors (including Spotify), frequently update the playlist, adding and removi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion and Centipede Hz unavailable for me

Hello, all. I didn't know where else to post this, so I'm posting it here. I'm not sure why, but the Animal Collective albums Merriweather Post Pavilion (https://open.spotify.com/album/3Ew40olMfd5X4BvqfuFoqF) and Centipede Hz (https://open.spotify.co...

• Hello, all. I didn't know where else to post this, so I'm posting it here.   I'm not sure why, but the Animal Collective albums Merriweather Post Pavilion (https://open.spotify.com/album/3Ew40...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist mysteriously became empty

This playlist which I was adding music to for a while became empty. I opened it up and saw the songs there and it became empty right before me. I didn't remove any songs. I'd really like to get these songs back. Is there currently a server issue? htt...

• Casual Listener
  • This playlist which I was adding music to for a while became empty. I opened it up and saw the songs there and it became empty right before me. I didn't remove any songs. I'd really like to get these...
  • UberMario
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Expand electronic music genres within the browse menu to offer a better search experience.

There are many forms of electronic music, therefore, users need an easier way of searching for their favourite genre. At the moment we only have EDM/Dance, which puts off many potential subscribers to Spotify who are looking to explore different genr...

• Music Fan
  • There are many forms of electronic music, therefore, users need an easier way of searching for their favourite genre. At the moment we only have EDM/Dance, which puts off many potential subscrib...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

No se puede reproducir la cancion

Buenas, tengo spotify premium y he intentado reproducir varias veces una cancion, pero no pasa nada, y se reproduce la siguiente cancion, y me sucede en el navegador y en mi android, me gustaria saber que pasa?

• Buenas, tengo spotify premium y he intentado reproducir varias veces una cancion, pero no pasa nada, y se reproduce la siguiente cancion, y me sucede en el navegador y en mi android, me gustaria sabe...
  • anamablaba
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [BUG] Same Song 'Cabron' Always Queued on Login

Hi there, Whenever I log into the Spotify Web Player, the song 'Cabron' by the Red Hot Chili Peppers is always queued for playing in the right panel of the interface (see attached image below). I don't know why it's always there on startup, but I'd p...

spotify-screenshot.png
  • Music Fan
  • Hi there,   Whenever I log into the Spotify Web Player, the song 'Cabron' by the Red Hot Chili Peppers is always queued for playing in the right panel of the interface (see attached image belo...
  • sunnybubblegum
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing the "See All" positioning on browse

I don't know if anyone else does this, but when I click on a genre and skim down the "playlists" section, my natural action when I want to see more, is to click the "See All" at the bottom of that section, which is actually linked to the next "artist...

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 11.20.44.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I don't know if anyone else does this, but when I click on a genre and skim down the "playlists" section, my natural action when I want to see more, is to click the "See All" at the bottom of that se...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Good alternative to Spotify?

I have been using premium since 2010, on Android, Windows and iOS. One thing that really bothers me is the issues with the 'shuffle' feature. It simply does not shuffle, and repeats certain songs far too often.This has been a long running complaint f...

• Regular
  • I have been using premium since 2010, on Android, Windows and iOS. One thing that really bothers me is the issues with the 'shuffle' feature. It simply does not shuffle, and repeats certain songs far...
  • MulderCulkin
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How to differentiate between SINGLES and ALBUMS without clicking?

One of my biggest frustrations with Spotify is how to quickly differentiate between a SINGLE and an ALBUM. This is especially true with "New Releases". Is there a trick to quickly identify which is a single and which is an album? If not, would it mak...

• Roadie
  • One of my biggest frustrations with Spotify is how to quickly differentiate between a SINGLE and an ALBUM. This is especially true with "New Releases". Is there a trick to quickly identify which is a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

My friends cannot see my activity although i'm not in a private session

I can see what they are listening to but they can't see my activity.I'm not in a private session, and i use pc and smartphone both. [I'm sorry for the bad english 'cause is not my first language]

• I can see what they are listening to but they can't see my activity. I'm not in a private session, and i use pc and smartphone both.   [I'm sorry for the bad english 'cause is not my first la...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Artist display

Hello Spotify community, Could someone please add the possibility to view artists tab in a list instead of this column/row display. Just make it like in the mobile app or offer to change the display format of the Artist page. To listen to music on my...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify community,    Could someone please add the possibility to view artists tab in a list instead of this column/row display. Just make it like in the mobile app or offer to chan...
  • davebebo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I browse ONLY the albums I have saved from a certain year, for example, browse JUST 2016?

Hello, At the end of every year, I make a list of my Top 25 favorite albums. I am about to do this, but this is the first year I have switched to Spotify and I cannot find the way to just browse ONLY the albums that I have saved from 2016. I do know ...

• Roadie
  • Hello,   At the end of every year, I make a list of my Top 25 favorite albums. I am about to do this, but this is the first year I have switched to Spotify and I cannot find the way to just br...
  • nsmith1
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Prevent trolling in colaborative playlist

Hi! As far as I understand, anyone who follows a collaborative playlist has all the permissions on the playlist. So how can I prevent a random user following my list erasing all the content?

• Regular
  • Hi! As far as I understand, anyone who follows a collaborative playlist has all the permissions on the playlist. So how can I prevent a random user following my list erasing all the content?
  • Alberto_CB
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Embedded playlist won't load in both Chrome and Firefox on Linux (Ubuntu)

In both Chrome and Firefox on Ubuntu all I get is a placeholder with an error message where there should be an embedded playlist. Chrome error message: "open.spotify.com refused to connect."Firefox error message: "Unable to connect" It tried this usi...

• Casual Listener
  • In both Chrome and Firefox on Ubuntu all I get is a placeholder with an error message where there should be an embedded playlist.   Chrome error message: "open.spotify.com refused to connect."...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The Stars Who Left Us In 2016 playlist.

This is a great playlist to celebrate, with their art, the lives of the lost. However, a few artists are missing. These are:- John Berry- Phife Dawg- Joey Feek- Denise Katrina Matthews- Pete Huttlinger Thank you for reading.Also, sorry if this is in ...

• Casual Listener
  • This is a great playlist to celebrate, with their art,  the lives of the lost. However, a few artists are missing. These are: - John Berry - Phife Dawg - Joey Feek - Denise Katrina...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Smart or dynamic playlists

Hi, is it possible to have a dynamic playlist that maybe change the content on a few rules? A really simple example would be to have a playlist that automatically add all songs from a chosen artist if there is new ones instead of adding them for your...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, is it possible to have a dynamic playlist that maybe change the content on a few rules?   A really simple example would be to have a playlist that automatically add all songs from a chosen...
  • jooon
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

I want to see my playlist followers

Why can't I see my playlist followers, I have made one of my playlists public and it has gotten a few followers and I want to see who it is, but I can't. I remember I could do it a few years back, but now I can only see who is following me.

• Gig Goer
  • Why can't I see my playlist followers, I have made one of my playlists public and it has gotten a few followers and I want to see who it is, but I can't. 😞 I remember I could do it a few years b...
  • McLachlan
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes

All the songs under Your Music -> Songs, disappeared.

All the songs under Your Music -> Songs, disappeared on my desktop and mobile devices. Is there a way to recover them.

• Casual Listener
  • All the songs under Your Music -> Songs, disappeared on my desktop and mobile devices. Is there a way to recover them.
  • Azzurn
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Layout with Play pause next button in middle of the bottom bar

How do i go back to the old layout? can i download an older version and still have my songs? and block the update? how do i do this? please? the new layout is actually giving me cancer and i want to killmyself thanks for understanding and ill await y...

• Casual Listener
  • How do i go back to the old layout? can i download an older version and still have my songs? and block the update? how do i do this? please? the new layout is actually giving me cancer and i want to ...
  • empenny10
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes