Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: Windows 10

Labels

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

[SOLVED] (ish) Spotify blocks taskar set to auto-hide

Hi! This might be related to this bug and the older archived one it references: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Windows-Can-t-access-auto-hidden-taskbar-when-maximised/idi-p/2591456 On a my Windows 10 laptop, spotify initially...

• Regular
  • Hi!    This might be related to this bug and the older archived one it references: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Windows-Can-t-access-auto-hidden-taskbar-wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    solved
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not loading/super slow (Windows 10)

PlanFreeCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueNothing is loading in the spotify program. I can't play any songs or open playlists. I have this issue 3 days now, and I'm starting to get fed up with these p...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country The Netherlands Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Nothing is loading in the spotify program. I can't play any songs or open playlist...
  • darktowertr
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • not loading
    slow
    Windows 10
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify messing with Windows 10 Pictures.

Some weeks ago I started having problems opening pictures in Windows 10. The picture program would either not start, or it would just go black. I tried to Google it, but could not find any solutions to it. One day I realised that there were multiple ...

• Casual Listener
  • Some weeks ago I started having problems opening pictures in Windows 10. The picture program would either not start, or it would just go black. I tried to Google it, but could not find any solutions ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • pictures
    Windows 10
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to go back to playlist that is currently playing to know Playlist Name?

PlanFreeCountryPhilippines DeviceLaptop AcerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow do I go back to the playlist that I am currently playing to view the Playlist Name and Songs available?If you can see the image I attached, clicking the ar...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Philippines   Device Laptop Acer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How do I go back to the playlist that I am currently playing to view the Pla...
  • Qb_Master
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • current
    Windows 10
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Homepage is bugged

Device info- premium plan;- version: 1.1.44.538.g8057de92 (Microsoft Store version);- o. s. version: 64-bit Windows 10 Home;- screen: 1920x1080 screen scaled in Windows settings by 125%, thus effectively 1536x864 as this website shows https://bestfir...

• Regular
  • Device info - premium plan; - version: 1.1.44.538.g8057de92 (Microsoft Store version); - o. s. version: 64-bit Windows 10 Home; - screen: 1920x1080 screen scaled in Windows settings by 125%,...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • black screen
    bug
    cut
    Homepage
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [W10] Weird radio behavior

[Premium, United States, Desktop, Windows 10] When I select ‘Go to Song/Artist radio’ sometimes it generates a great station based on that specific song/artist, but it usually just generates a station that’s full of songs that I used to listen to tha...

• Visitor
  • [Premium, United States, Desktop, Windows 10]   When I select ‘Go to Song/Artist radio’ sometimes it generates a great station based on that specific song/artist, but it usually just generates...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Radio
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Homepage is bugged

Premium plan/Windows 10 My Question or IssueA few of lists (recently played, new podcasts episodes, discover...) are bugged - the album covers are cut and then there is just a black screen. What did not help:- restarting PC, logging in/out;- clean re...

• Regular
  • Premium plan/ Windows 10   My Question or Issue A few of lists (recently played, new podcasts episodes, discover...) are bugged - the album covers are cut and then there is just a black scre...
  • Anon230
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Homepage
    Recently Played
    Windows 10
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Crashing when logged in, multiple accounts, multiple devices windows 10 and andriod.

Hi all, Web spotify works. one of my andriod devices still logs into the spotify app. however it doesn't on a laptop, a desktop pc and it had the same type of problem on a tablet once, but that resolved its self spontaneously after 2 tries. PlanPremi...

• Visitor
  • Hi all,  Web spotify works. one of my andriod devices still logs into the spotify app.  however it doesn't on a laptop, a desktop pc and it had the same type of problem on a tablet once, ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    desktop app
    login crash
    multiple accounts
    multiple devices
    online crash
    tried everything
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 Desktop app black screen only

Have reinstalled a number of times (from Spotify AND Windows Store) and tried all the solutions on here but the desktop app only opens with a black screen, as below :-This seems fairly common and has been happening for some time, but nothing appears ...

daveork_0-1602234911184.png
  • Visitor
  • Have reinstalled a number of times (from Spotify AND Windows Store) and tried all the solutions on here but the desktop app only opens with a black screen, as below :- This seems fairly common a...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • black screen
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Show control bar when application is minimized in the tray

Can you make control bar available when hover mouse over Spotify icon, when the application is minimized in the tray, just like when in minimized in the taskbar?Check the attached file for ideas Thank you,Boris

• Visitor
  • Can you make control bar available when hover mouse over Spotify icon, when the application is minimized in the tray, just like when in minimized in the taskbar? Check the attached file for ideas 🙂...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • control bar
    tray
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Crashes when searching local files on Windows 10 app

PlanPremiumCountryChile/ formerly NetherlandsDeviceLenovo Ideapad S340 Operating SystemWindows 10 home 64x My Question or IssueI currently changed laptop, and the Windows 10 app keeps crashing after trying to use the search bar in synced my local fil...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Chile/ formerly Netherlands Device Lenovo Ideapad S340  Operating System Windows 10 home 64x   My Question or Issue I currently changed laptop, and the Window...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • local files
    Local files on Windows 10
    Microsoft Store
    Search through local files
    Windows 10
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Error Code 4

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI've done multiple clean installs of Spotify, allowed it through firewall settings, checked the hosts file for Spotify related IP addresses, yet my Desktop a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I've done multiple clean installs of Spotify, allowed it through firewall settings, chec...
  • rxce
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    error code 4
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this right now message

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(Windows PC)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecently Spotify wont let me play any songs on the windows app. I have tried logging back in, reinstalling, wiping every bit of Spotify data from my pc, a...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device (Windows PC) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently Spotify wont let me play any songs on the windows app. I have...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows 10
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows 10 Spotify app can't use chrome cast because of google?

Hi all, PlanPremium DeviceWindows 10 PC connected over Lan. My Question or IssueI was looking for a way to cast directly from the Windows 10 Spotify app to my Chrome cast (I know all the workarounds. More in the end). I found this old forum post and ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi all,   Plan Premium   Device Windows 10 PC connected over Lan.   My Question or Issue I was looking for a way to cast directly from the Windows 10 Spotify app to my Chrome ...
  • FlangeMonkey
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • cast
    Desktop
    lan
    Windows 10
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify Starts Automatically Even When Advanced Settings are Changed

My Question or IssueMy advanced settings are set to "No" for automatic start up but Spotify still starts automatically and every time it does my computer slows down and freezes even if I exit from the app. I use this app every day but if this continu...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue My advanced settings are set to "No" for automatic start up but Spotify still starts automatically and every time it does my computer slows down and freezes even if I exit from ...
  • lethal_lees
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • advanced settings
    automatic startup
    Windows 10
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Storing data on C drive, when spotify downloads are on another drive.

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceHP Omen 2018Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, when going thorugh my files I noticed that even though I selected a certain folder for my Spotify downloads elsewhere from the Windows drive, there are li...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device HP Omen 2018 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, when going thorugh my files I noticed that even though I selected a certain fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • storage issues
    storage space
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 app randomly goes offline

Hi, Recently, the windows 10 application started randomly going offline. The internet connection is working fine, other sensitive programs are running without issues.So far tried:Connecting with VPNConnecting without VPNDifferent networkReinstalling ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Recently, the windows 10 application started randomly going offline.  The internet connection is working fine, other sensitive programs are running without issues. So far tried: ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Disconnect
    network error
    Network Failure
    Windows
    Windows 10
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] App crashes every 2nd song + monitor goes off

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify ALWAYS crashes at 2nd song and my HDMI screen goes off (reset), and when I turn in back on, the app still running and skipping all songs without playing it...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify ALWAYS crashes at 2nd song and my HDMI screen goes off (reset), and when I turn...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Crash
    Desktop
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Windows 10 app Game Bar integration

PlanPremium Family (Trial)CountryRussiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify launched in a bunch of regions recently, including mine. Spotify Windows 10 app works great, but it is missing one feature - integration with Window...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family (Trial) Country Russia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify launched in a bunch of regions recently, including mine. Spotify Windows...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • game bar
    login problems
    regional
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

SPOTIFY WINDOWS 10 CON PROBLEMAS

PlanPremiumCountryPerúDevice(ACER Aspire 5)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueLa aplicación de escritorio no funciona bien, no se puede reproducir ninguna canción online, solo archivos locales. No aparecen las canciones guardadas en bib...

Captura de pantalla (4)_LI.jpg Captura de pantalla (8).png SharedScreenshot.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Perú Device (ACER Aspire 5) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue La aplicación de escritorio no funciona bien, no se puede reproducir ninguna canci...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes