Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: Android 6.0

Labels

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • ryan886
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Android] Local files randomly turn unplayable eventhough still downloaded

PlanPremium (Family)CountryGermany DeviceHTC One A9sOperating SystemAndroid 6.0 (Marshmallow) My Question or IssueAfter synchronising songs from a desktop device over the same WiFi network some of the local songs have randomly been greyed out. They s...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium (Family) Country Germany   Device HTC One A9s Operating System Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)   My Question or Issue After synchronising songs from a desktop device over ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Android 6.0
    Local files for Spotify Mobile
    local files unplayable
  • 13 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] settings different for same Spotify version.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Atoto android headunit A6 standardOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Android 6My Question or IssueThe settings are different on my android phone from th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)   Atoto android headunit A6 standard Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) An...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    Android Headunit
    Carview
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not receiving Push Notifications

Hello, even though all push notifications are turned on i never receive any. Currently using a Nexus 6P running the latest marshmellow and Nexus 9 running the Android N beta Thanks in advance.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, even though all push notifications are turned on i never receive any. Currently using a Nexus 6P running the latest marshmellow and Nexus 9 running the Android N beta Thanks in advance.
  • Jeffrey014
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android 6.0
    nexus
    Nexus 6p
    Push Notifications
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Are there any alternative Spotify clients for Android 6.0?

The official app crashes all the time, and has done so for over 2 years now since i got this phone. I have given up the hope that the next spotify update will fix these issues, and i'm looking for an alternative client for Android 6.0. Thanks. [EDIT:...

• Music Fan
  • The official app crashes all the time, and has done so for over 2 years now since i got this phone. I have given up the hope that the next spotify update will fix these issues, and i'm looking for an...
  • turbolego
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • alternative
    Android 6.0
    Client
    marshmallow
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files doesn't transfer to Android

Hello everyone, I'm having problems trying transfer local files(.mp3 on Windows 10) to my smartphone, the files doesn't download. I use android 6.0 and when I tested on another device with android 7.1.2 gave the same problem. Please, someone can help...

Screenshot_20170615-193801[2].png
  • Visitor
  •    Hello everyone, I'm having problems trying transfer local files(.mp3 on Windows 10) to my smartphone, the files doesn't download. I use android 6.0 and when I tested on another dev...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    Android 7.1
    Windows 10
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound distorted with Marshmallow

Hey guys,since there is still no solution on the part of Spotify I think it is time to Open a New thread to this issue in case the old one is set to "fixed".Many others faced the exact same Problem since updating from lollipop to Marshmallow. Even pe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, since there is still no solution on the part of Spotify I think it is time to Open a New thread to this issue in case the old one is set to "fixed". Many others faced the exact same P...
  • Ayylmak
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Android 6.0
    Android App
    Sound Quality
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify not downloading to SD card on Android 6.0

Does anyone know how to make it save to SD card in Marshmallow? Z3 Compact (6.0). I tried granting Spotify storage permission but it still downloads to internal storage.

• Does anyone know how to make it save to SD card in Marshmallow? Z3 Compact (6.0). I tried granting Spotify storage permission but it still downloads to internal storage.
  • emilymayirwin
  • 16 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Android 6.0
    marshmallow
    sd card
  • 16 replies
  • 15 likes

Solved!! [Nexus 5] Music Interrups When Returning App From Lock Screen

I experience a weird and annoying bug after upgrading to Android 6.0 on my Nexus 5 device. I lock the phone when music is playing, app is on top and "My Music" screen is active (or any playlist screen that is currently running). If I return app from ...

• Casual Listener
  • I experience a weird and annoying bug after upgrading to Android 6.0 on my Nexus 5 device.    I lock the phone when music is playing, app is on top and "My Music" screen is active (o...
  • Decoded
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    lock screen
    marshmallow
    Nexus 5
    Widget
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn´t work on my Moto G

Hi!!! I need help, my spotify doesn´t work on my Moto G (3rd generation), android 6.0 and spotify Free acount and spotify version 6.0.0.864 armV7. To one day to another my spotify doesn´t play nothing on my phone, all my playlist and spotify list are...

• Hi!!!   I need help, my spotify doesn´t work on my Moto G (3rd generation), android 6.0 and spotify Free acount and spotify version 6.0.0.864 armV7. To one day to another my spotify doesn´t pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    Android App
    Moto G
    spotify free
    spotify grey playlist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to send messages with spotify anymore...

So have been sharing songs with my friends throufh the spotify post to or send to window when you tap share....now when intap it it pulls a window from the android OS, asking to use facebook, gmail, etc. Ive posted a picture....any ideas. Ive talked ...

• Casual Listener
  • So have been sharing songs with my friends throufh the spotify post to or send to window when you tap share....now when intap it it pulls a window from the android OS, asking to use facebook, gmail, ...
  • Boonmariachi
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    post to
    send to
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Impaired navigation after android update (6.0)

After the android 6.0 update I realized that spotify's overall navigation became worser than usual. The volume drops out of nothing, it shows the ''loading'' screen even if youre browsing through offline contet, it freezes everytime, for several time...

• Regular
  • After the android 6.0 update I realized that spotify's overall navigation became worser than usual. The volume drops out of nothing, it shows the ''loading'' screen even if youre browsing through off...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't download songs when the screen turns off

Hi. I have premium account and I only can download songs when I'm running spotify and the screen is turning on.When my phone is locked but I'm listening music from Spotify, the download stop.Is this a device configuration?I have Samsung Galaxy S6 edg...

• Hi. I have premium account and I only can download songs when I'm running spotify and the screen is turning on. When my phone is locked but I'm listening music from Spotify, the download stop. Is t...
  • utack2
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    Premium
    Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrade to Android 6.0 and access lost to microSD card

Hi,I have a LG G4 that had official Android 5.1 (no root)I upgraded to Android 6.0 and lost all music as OS changed microSD location somehow. Other programs work again when authorizing access properly, but Spotify doesn't have that and there is no wa...

• Regular
  • Hi, I have a LG G4 that had official Android 5.1 (no root) I upgraded to Android 6.0 and lost all music as OS changed microSD location somehow. Other programs work again when authorizing access pro...
  • bhauptmann
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android 6.0
    LG G4
    microSD
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Automatic volume drop music on android

I'm experiencing these problem that whenever I'm listening to music the volume drops automatically after a second of playing music to an average level despite selected maximal volume. This is independent of the tracks I'm listening to. Also it isn't ...

• Casual Listener
  •   I'm experiencing these problem that whenever I'm listening to music the volume drops automatically after a second of playing music to an average level despite selected maximal volume. This i...
  • Jayb72
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    volume issues
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline problem - Android 6.0 - Beta 5.0.0.954

-LG G4-32gb int. storage-32gb ext. storage-Android 6.0-Spotify beta 5.0.0.954 Since the first time i used spotify, i was always playing my music from the '' Song '' sub-menu.When I was listening to something,even if was in shuffle or not and on offli...

• Regular
  • -LG G4 -32gb int. storage -32gb ext. storage -Android 6.0 -Spotify beta 5.0.0.954   Since the first time i used spotify, i was always playing my music from the '' Song '' sub-menu. When I...
  • marccharby
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android 6.0
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android white noise while playing specific album

Hi, the problem started a few days ago that while playing certain albums on Android Spotify app. There is only loud white noise and no music can be heard. I've tried uninstalled the app, cleared the data folder, rebooted but it still doesn't work. Th...

• Regular
  • Hi, the problem started a few days ago that while playing certain albums on Android Spotify app. There is only loud white noise and no music can be heard. I've tried uninstalled the app, cleared the ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    white noise
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes