Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: Android 5.0.2

Labels

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Extremely slow loading times on all aspects of application

Hey, my name is Adam and I currently use a Samsung Galaxy S5 for Spotify. This problem only started around about a week ago but when I opened up Spotify, it seemed to take ages to load everything - my playlists, the application itself, images, the br...

• Hey, my name is Adam and I currently use a Samsung Galaxy S5 for Spotify. This problem only started around about a week ago but when I opened up Spotify, it seemed to take ages to load everything - m...
  • Punkygirl
  • 13 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    application
    Buffering
    galaxy s5
    Mobile
    Playlists
    Samsung
    samsung galaxy s5
    slow
  • 13 replies
  • 13 likes

Bug problem

Hi! I'm getting some problems using spotify:When I play my music on android, often after two or three songs it suddenly stops playing. 1. I open the program2. then I played music offline or online (it can be from a specific playlist or from the root ...

• Hi! I'm getting some problems using spotify: When I play my music on android, often after two or three songs it suddenly stops playing.   1. I open the program 2. then I played music offline...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    bug report
    spotify 5.6.0.701
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App freezes every time it's opened

I'm using Spotify version 5.4.0.858 on a Samsung Galaxy S4 and Spotify always freezes when I try to open it. I get a message saying "Spotify is not responding..." every time it's opened. On top of that I get a notification that says"No storage area f...

• I'm using Spotify version 5.4.0.858 on a Samsung Galaxy S4 and Spotify always freezes when I try to open it. I get a message saying "Spotify is not responding..." every time it's opened. On top of th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Spotify
    storage
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't use Spotify Connect from my computer if phone is asleep

This is kind of annoying. I am trying to use Spotify on my laptop (MacBook Pro OS X 10.10.2) to control the music playing from my Android (5.0.2 HTC One m8) phone but it doesn't seem to work if the device is locked. I can pause an already running son...

• This is kind of annoying. I am trying to use Spotify on my laptop (MacBook Pro OS X 10.10.2) to control the music playing from my Android (5.0.2 HTC One m8) phone but it doesn't seem to work if the d...
  • johanhaglund
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    Connect
    Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Latest version of Spotify for Android?

Where can I find release notes for latest version of Spotify for Android?I went here but could not find the latest one. Latest one is 4.6 but here 3.x version is being notified.https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Community-Blog/Release-notes-Spo...

• Roadie
  • Where can I find release notes for latest version of Spotify for Android? I went here but could not find the latest one. Latest one is 4.6 but here 3.x version is being notified. https://comm...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 4.3
    Android 5.0.2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All my Music disappeared

I opened the Spotify app and all my downloaded music was gone. Plus all Artist I have been following are gone as well only my Playlist remained. I have Premium and I'm able to download new music, I tried logging in and out again nothing :(.Please hel...

• I opened the Spotify app and all my downloaded music was gone. Plus all Artist I have been following are gone as well only my Playlist remained. I have Premium and I'm able to download new music, I t...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    Music disappearing
    Premium
    Sony
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Not Playing on Android

I tried reinstalling several times, doesn't work.After logging in, everything works fine until I press "Shuffle Play" on ANY charts or my playlist (I am on a free account fyi).Only the first time, there will be a sponsor with a dismiss button. After ...

• I tried reinstalling several times, doesn't work. After logging in, everything works fine until I press "Shuffle Play" on ANY charts or my playlist (I am on a free account fyi). Only the first time...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect does not work @denon avr-x2100w

Hi @all.Spotify Connect doesn't work correctly. Starting it out of the App, it connects for about a second and crashes (the Amplifier switches back to Network Choice Menu).Things i have done without a sollution:- starting every unit including disconn...

• Music Fan
  • Hi @all. Spotify Connect doesn't work correctly. Starting it out of the App, it connects for about a second and crashes (the Amplifier switches back to Network Choice Menu). Things i have done with...
  • Thunder1984
  • Regular
  • 32 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    Denon
  • 32 replies
  • 4 likes

Better integration on Samsung A5?

I have screen security lock on my Samsung A5. I want to be able to access play, stop, skip etc without having to enter PIN and open Spotify. On my previous HTC Spotify managed to integrate "on top/outside" the screen lock. Brilliant integration. Is t...

• Music Fan
  • I have screen security lock on my Samsung A5. I want to be able to access play, stop, skip etc without having to enter PIN and open Spotify. On my previous HTC Spotify managed to integrate "on top/ou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    integration
    screen lock
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection to Wear

When using my phone (Note 4, Android 5.0) and watch (Moto 360, Android 5.1) on the go (no wifi), I'm getting strange behavior of the Spotify app on my watch.The app opens and closes every 1-3 seconds, making it not usable. I can swipe up and see the ...

• When using my phone (Note 4, Android 5.0) and watch (Moto 360, Android 5.1) on the go (no wifi), I'm getting strange behavior of the Spotify app on my watch. The app opens and closes every 1-3 sec...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    Android 5.1.1
    Android App
    android wear
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung galaxy S-view (S5)

The music player controls were working in S-view before but seem to be intermittent now (sorry, can't remember exactly when they stopped working properly), most of the time they're not working but they seem to appear on a few random occasions...They ...

• The music player controls were working in S-view before but seem to be intermittent now (sorry, can't remember exactly when they stopped working properly), most of the time they're not working but th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    bug report
    galaxy s5
    music controls
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Spotify Connect] Unable to choose local songs (PC) with Android device as remote.

Whenever tapping a local saved song (PC) in the android app (functioning as remote), it returns an error saying: This issue doesn't occur with songs hosted by Spotify neither doesn't make it a difference when the songs are stored on the Android devic...

Screenshot_2015-07-18-12-25-12.png
  • Regular
  • Whenever tapping a local saved song (PC) in the android app (functioning as remote), it returns an error saying:   This issue doesn't occur with songs hosted by Spotify neither doesn't m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android 5.0.2
    Spotify connect remote
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems syncing offline

I have been using Spotify premium for a while and until now didn't have any big problem, but recently I changed my Galaxy S4 for a Galaxy S6 Edge, and since then I've been having problems syncing my collection offline.Each song is taking about 1 hour...

• I have been using Spotify premium for a while and until now didn't have any big problem, but recently I changed my Galaxy S4 for a Galaxy S6 Edge, and since then I've been having problems syncing my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    Galaxy S6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify android widget stopped working

Hi, i did some updates to my android phone and suddenly the spotify widget stopped working doesnt show what im playing, play back and forward buttons are grey out, i deleted the cache and reinstalled spotify but still not working, any ideas on how to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    i did some updates to my android phone and suddenly the spotify widget stopped working doesnt show what im playing, play back and forward buttons are grey out, i deleted the cache ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    Widget
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Won't go online when on home wifi

Anyone else? Works on laptop app on WiFi. Works on other WiFi networks. IPhone 5 works fine. Just started last week. Moto x 2014. 5.0.2

• Regular
  • Anyone else? Works on laptop app on WiFi. Works on other WiFi networks. IPhone 5 works fine. Just started last week. Moto x 2014. 5.0.2
  • Jcullinan09
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    moto x 2014
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Full screen artwork not showing on Galaxy S6 on lock screen

Just recently upgraded to a Galaxy S6, but the only problem with Spotify is that the full screen artwork on the lock screen has gone. It now shows a small widget that only has a pause and next track option. What happened to the full screen that was t...

• Regular
  • Just recently upgraded to a Galaxy S6, but the only problem with Spotify is that the full screen artwork on the lock screen has gone.   It now shows a small widget that only has a pause and ne...
  • thai2000
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    artwork
    Galaxy S6
    Samsung
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Problems with the Spotify app

Everything works fine except for the fact that music stops playing from time to time without me doing nothing (in the app it still shows the song playing, but it loses the sound). Sound comes back again after a while, but it is really anoying since t...

• Casual Listener
  • Everything works fine except for the fact that music stops playing from time to time without me doing nothing (in the app it still shows the song playing, but it loses the sound). Sound comes back ag...
  • JEiris
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    stops playing
    streaming
    Update
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes