Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: data usage

Labels

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Mobile Data Usage Android + Verizon

Plan: FAMILY PREMIUMPremium: YEPCountry: US Device: Pixel 5Operating System: Android 13 My Question or Issue: From December 1 - 23 2022, Spotify used 11+ GBs of data. As a premium member since 2011/2012, I don't recall ever using this much mobile dat...

• Plan: FAMILY PREMIUM Premium: YEP Country: US   Device: Pixel 5 Operating System: Android 13    My Question or Issue: From December 1 - 23 2022, Spotify used 11+ GBs of data.&nb...
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    data usage
    Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify streaming songs into download list on cellular data - Data Theft

My user story is pretty much: As a user, I want to play spotify in my car and only play my downloaded songs so I don't user my cellular data. I add songs via wifi and download to a playlist on my android phone. That's it. That's ALL I want from Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • My user story is pretty much:   As a user, I want to play spotify in my car and only play my downloaded songs so I don't user my cellular data.   I add songs via wifi and download to a ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data theft
    data usage
    no permission
    streaming
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution High mobile data usage even with all data saver options turned on

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Two months in a row now, Spotify has used 800 MB of mobile data in a giant burst for no apparent reason, even with all the data saver options turned on. I'm almost always on wifi, so ...

Screenshot_20210404-170031_Settings.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android   Two months in a row now, Spotify has used 800 MB of mobile data in a giant burst for no apparent reason, even...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • data usage
    mobile data consumption
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

High data usage (400+ Mb in ~10 min listening to already downloaded music)

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueThis morning when using Spotify while driving to work, I got a notification from my phone stating that Spotify has used a large amount of data. I pull over and check ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada  Device LG G6 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue This morning when using Spotify while driving to work, I got a notification from my ...
  • MVRV
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • data usage
    High Data Usage
    Waze integration
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

data plan

PlanPremiumCountrynetherlands/spainDevice(Samsung Galaxy Note 8Operating System(Android Oreo.) My Question or IssueYesterday, while on holiday, i updated the app using WiFi. however when leaving the WiFi spot the spotify app changed to the dataplan a...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country netherlands/spain Device (Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Operating System (Android Oreo.)   My Question or Issue Yesterday, while on holiday, i updated the app...
  • udo22
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data usage
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

High Data Usage

I saw threads about high usage on iOS but nothing for Android phones. What is the deal with Spotify eating all my data? I've used over 3GB and still have a week to go. I never use that much. Ever. I only listen to Spotify in the car for maybe 30 mins...

• I saw threads about high usage on iOS but nothing for Android phones. What is the deal with Spotify eating all my data? I've used over 3GB and still have a week to go. I never use that much. Ever. I ...
  • ZorkII
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    data usage
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Data Usage?

First, let me admit that I am brand new to streaming and Spotify so don't be too harsh! I am going on a road trip next week and I just want to confirm that what I think is correct.I have a premium account and I have downloaded my playlists to "offlin...

• Visitor
  • First, let me admit that I am brand new to streaming and Spotify so don't be too harsh! 😉 I am going on a road trip next week and I just want to confirm that what I think is correct. I have a ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data usage
    Offline Access
    Offline listening
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs saved for offline play aren't available offline

As the topic says, I have a bunch of music saved for offline play, however, I often notice that they're not. I frequently get up in the morning and notice before I go to work that Spotify is downloading hundreds of songs, and they're all songs that I...

• As the topic says, I have a bunch of music saved for offline play, however, I often notice that they're not. I frequently get up in the morning and notice before I go to work that Spotify is download...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data manipulation
    data usage
    data usage on wifi
    Offline Content
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Data usage through the roof on iPhone 4s

Hello there, Newbie speaking on the forum... I was a satisfied costumer of the Spotify-app since january 2014. I got a premium account, and every day I listened music on Spotify for about 30 minutes without Wifi, and I never went over my 1000 MB data...

• Hello there,   Newbie speaking on the forum... I was a satisfied costumer of the Spotify-app since january 2014. I got a premium account, and every day I listened music on Spotify for about 30...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data usage
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Data usage when saving to existing playlist but only download on WiFi

I'm using a Samsung S6 and mostly keep Spotify in offline mode to save mobile data usage.At times I do go looking for new music and mostly save these new tracks to existing playlists that I have already downloaded. When doing this it appears that Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using a Samsung S6 and mostly keep Spotify in offline mode to save mobile data usage. At times I do go looking for new music and mostly save these new tracks to existing playlists that I have ...
  • Pmccowatt
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data usage
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes