Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: Google Assistant

Labels

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Google Casting to Smart Speakers constantly interrupted/stopped for no reason

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceGoogle Pixel 6 ProOperating SystemAndroid 14App Version8.8.92.700 My Question or IssueSince there is no specific place for feedback/issues about Assistant/Google Casting integration I will put it here: Since a whil...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device Google Pixel 6 Pro Operating System Android 14 App Version 8.8.92.700   My Question or Issue Since there is no specific place for feed...
  • funkycolours
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Casting
    Chromecast Google Home
    Google Assistant
    Smart Speakers
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with Google Assistant - Wrong Artist

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceOnePlus 5, Android Auto, 2x Google Home, Sonos One My Question or IssueHello,I have linked Spotify with Google Assistant, to launch music via voice commands on my Google Home and Sonos speakers, as well as in Android Aut...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country France Device OnePlus 5, Android Auto, 2x Google Home, Sonos One   My Question or Issue Hello, I have linked Spotify with Google Assistant, to launch music via voic...
  • wheresspot
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Google Assistant
    Google Home
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant not working with spotify 2021

There are many posts about problems between Google Assistant and spotify but they are usually from 2018 so the software was completely different back then. The problem however is the same. Suddenly after days of happy "spotify on google assistant" th...

• Visitor
  • There are many posts about problems between Google Assistant and spotify but they are usually from 2018 so the software was completely different back then.    The problem however is ...
  • ReckerAGR
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Google Assistant
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution From Google assistant, plays wrong version of song when artist included

asking Google assistant to play songs often plays the wrong one by default as previously reported, and example "play wanna be sedated" seems to randomly play one of the 3 versions. However even worse asking 'play I wanna be sedated by the remones" wi...

• Visitor
  • asking Google assistant to play songs often plays the wrong one by default as previously reported, and example "play wanna be sedated" seems to randomly play one of the 3 versions.    How...
  • horntm
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Google Assistant
    wrong song
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify not showing up in "your music services"

hi, i have an android phone, i had a problem where i couldn't get the google assistant to play anything on spotify, then i went to check if spotify was selected in the "your music services" section under google assistant settings and discovered that ...

• hi, i have an android phone, i had a problem where i couldn't get the google assistant to play anything on spotify, then i went to check if spotify was selected in the "your music services" section u...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Google Assistant
    voice
    voice commands
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Google Assistant not playing personal playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceHuawei P20 ProOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHi, For some reason whenever I ask google to play my spotify playlist it plays a random playlist of the same name. I have tried many different iterations of playlist ...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device Huawei P20 Pro Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hi,    For some reason whenever I ask google to play my spotify playlist it pl...
  • HeyJasmine
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Google Assistant
    voice command
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Chomecasts keeps disconnecting

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceSamsung S20 Ultra 5GOperating SystemAndroid 10 / One UI 2.1 My Question or IssueSpotify keeps disconnecting with my Google devices. I have three Google Audio's connected in a group together and of years I have be...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Samsung S20 Ultra 5G Operating System Android 10 / One UI 2.1   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps disconnecting with my Google devices. I ha...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 7 likes
  • cast. chromecast
    chrome
    disconnecting
    disconnects
    google
    Google Assistant
    pausing
    stopping
  • 18 replies
  • 7 likes

“Okay Google, play my music” for Google Home speakers

All of my Google Home speakers have this problem. I have all 3 of Google's speakers, the small, medium and large one and this happens on my Pixel phone as well. It used to play my "My Liked Songs" in order of newest to oldest. So that song that you j...

• Regular
  • All of my Google Home speakers have this problem. I have all 3 of Google's speakers, the small, medium and large one and this happens on my Pixel phone as well.   It used to play my "My Liked ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Google Assistant
    Google Home
    My Liked Songs
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Albums automatically shuffle with Android Auto. Shuffle is turned off on my phone and car.

I have one month of Spotify Premium to check this service out, but I am encountering a strange issue: When I ask Google Assistant to play an album like DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, it automatically shuffles the album. Shuffle is turned off on my phone and ...

• Visitor
  • I have one month of Spotify Premium to check this service out, but I am encountering a strange issue:   When I ask Google Assistant to play an album like DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, it automaticall...
  • EFDisaster
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android auto
    Google Assistant
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Google assistant does not recognize me as premium account holder

Google Pixel 3 XLAndroid 9Spotify V 8.4.84.874 - Premium I am trying to use google assistant with my new phone, but it will not recognize me as a premium account holder. For example, when I tell Google assistant to play a specific song, it says "Choo...

• Google Pixel 3 XL Android 9 Spotify V 8.4.84.874 - Premium   I am trying to use google assistant with my new phone, but it will not recognize me as a premium account holder. For example, whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • google
    Google Assistant
    pixel
    Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Android Auto Plays public playlists instead of My playlists.

I recently started using Android Auto in my car and I'm not sure if it's just me or if some people have found a way to break spotify in general, but when I use voice commands to try and play one of my Spotify Daily Mixes, it will instead search all p...

• ...lay one of my Spotify Daily Mixes, it will instead search all public playlists and play one of those instead.  e.g. Saying "Play Daily Mix 1" or "Play Daily Mix 1 on Spotify" Spotify will s...
  • milesdudley
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    android auto
    Daily Mixes
    Google Assistant
    Playlists
    Voice control
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't play music on Google Home Mini (ITA Assistant)

I have 2 google home mini in the house.One is working fine, the other refuse to play music with Spotify.Assistant is in italian and when i aks for music in italian he says to me that he couldn't help me. When i ask in english, he starts the music... ...

•   I have 2 google home mini in the house. One is working fine, the other refuse to play music with Spotify. Assistant is in italian and when i aks for music in italian he says to me that he c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Google Assistant
    Google Home Mini
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google assistant doesn't play my playlist on SPotify

I have:Android 8.0Phone: HUAWEI Mate 10 prolanguage: Italian I cannot plaly my private playlist with google assistant.it simply open spotify or serach playlist on google and that's all. any solutions?

• I have: Android 8.0 Phone: HUAWEI Mate 10 pro language: Italian   I cannot plaly my private playlist with google assistant. it simply open spotify or serach playlist on google and that's a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Google Assistant
    Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google assistant plays wrong Spotify song

Hello, I don't know if I'm at the right place to ask this question but I have some small issues when I use Google assistant to play Spotify songs, albums and playlists. I often get a different result than what is asked for. As an example I asked the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I don't know if I'm at the right place to ask this question but I have some small issues when I use Google assistant to play Spotify songs, albums and playlists.   I often...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Google Assistant
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Google Assistant - Spotify Song Radio

When I ask Google Assistant, whether it be my Android phone or Google Homes, to play [Song] by [Artist] on Spotify, it plays the Song Radio not just the song; hence non-requested songs start playing subsequent to the original requested song. Is there...

• Casual Listener
  • When I ask Google Assistant, whether it be my Android phone or Google Homes, to play [Song] by [Artist] on Spotify, it plays the Song Radio not just the song; hence non-requested songs start playing ...
  • Tsmltc
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Google Assistant
    Google Home
    Spotify Radio
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes