Lineup Signup
Help Us Fix Metadata - Read more

Activity feed

Solved!
7 people liked this

Re: Activity feed

Music Fan
‎2013-03-23 07:31 AM

AS IF we are all going to go thru and pick which ones of our 500+ facebook friends we want to follow! Just bring the old friend feed back so we can discover new music from anyone, and dont have to go around 'adding' people that we havent spoken to in 10 years and wouldnt even know what sort of music they listen to. Not having the old style feed leaves me with almost no reason to use spotify, the social network and seeing what ppl are listening to (without following ALL of them, we only want to follow a few ppl) was spotify's best feature. Dont be **bleep** Spotify - We still have radios and itunes you know....

1 person liked this

Music Lover
‎2013-03-23 09:31 AM

I agree, the new activity feed is a step in the wrong direction.  I used to be able to drag and drop music to share to my top friends but can no longer do this. Also cannot see what random facebook friends are listening to, which is the best wa to discover new music for me.  Please give us the option of having the old style of activity feed back....

3 people liked this

Concert VIP
‎2013-03-23 11:23 AM

My activity bar doesn't seem to be working correctly at all, i've followed a few artist, and they have had activity done on their profile, but it's not showing up in the activity bar. Is this possible to fix?

2 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2013-03-25 05:58 PM

I agree with everyone. Although I like the new feature to be able to follow your favorite artists is easy to navigate, I no longer can see what the general consensus of people are listening to. Here's a bit of a small story as to why the other feed worked best:

I became really intrigued by spotify because it was the best way for me to share music with people simply and easily. It used to be hard to make a mix or just simply suggest stuff to people. Now I could see what others were listening to and simply 'follow' some people whose music choices I connected with. There's a girl I went to high school with who I noticed shared a similar taste in music as me. We had talked before and were friendly, but wouldn't exactly say we're best friends. We noticed through spotify that we were listening to similar types of music and started sharing. We also noticed we work in similar fields (she a graphic designer / I, a filmmaker). I am now having her help me create a business as well as opening up a new relationship via music sharing. 

Unfortunately this new feed takes away from these sort of intimate moments. I like that you can now "follow" people, but we could always do that with our "favorites" section. I'd love for them to bring back the old format, but as time goes, things change and we need to adapt. I don't usually spend the time writing things like this, but I felt it was necessary. Hopefully they find a way to integrate the best of the old and new. 

3 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2013-03-26 12:57 AM
I completely agree with you! It is an enormous hassle. Part of the fun of spotify was that you could effortlessly share and find new music based on what others were listening to!
2 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2013-03-27 07:57 AM

My Activity Feed is not updating. I am following a few people, and one of them updates regularly, but the rest just stay the same. If I uninstall Spotify & reinstall it, then the feed updates, but, again, does not continue updating. Any ideas?

1 person liked this

Edited
Concert VIP
‎2013-03-27 04:18 PM

^ That's exactly the same problem here, though haven't done any uninstalling of Spotify yet, i usually just have to unfollow the artist, restart Spotify and refollow the artist again, and the activity bar get's updated, but of course it's stops working again on next restart of Spotify it seems. So there is some kind of bug/problem here.

1 person liked this

Radio Star
‎2013-05-28 12:37 PM

Activity feed still does not work after a while.

SPOTIFY PLEASE FIX THIS!

It's strange, that the updates to last.fm work perfectly, but in the own app, it doesn't work!

1 person liked this

jdf
Music Fan
‎2013-06-04 06:53 PM

man you guys killed this; this was the most interesting and unique part about spotify... now I have to go 'follow' all my friends that were already in my feed? No thank you.. this was a step in the wrong direction. I'd rather 'hide' people i don't want to see... bad bad move! 

2 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2013-06-25 12:33 PM

Hi,

I've noticed recently that my friends' activity feed became inactive. In other words it only shows the most popular tracks that my friends that I follow, have been listening to, but not what they are listening to real time.

I went through all the options and couldn't find anything. Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

SUGGESTED POSTS