Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.
93 people liked this

Complete Sonos Integration...... please?

_RT_
Casual Listener

Sonos was the main reason I signed up for a premium plan and I love the service.

But it's killing me that I can't use all of the Spotify features through Sonos.  Who is holding this up?  Sonos or Spotify?

I really want Radio, app support, a better layout or the site, etc....

Any chance any of these will occur?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 1 person liked this

Re: Complete Sonos Integration...... please?

camillo75
Community Legend

Sonos announced today that it's opening up its platform to Spotify Connect

https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/30/sonos-opens-up-spotify-connect-and-amazon-echo-control-is-comin/

219 Replies
5 people liked this

licenced
Community Legend

According to the mods replies on other threads, the Spotify implementation on Sonos is the responsibility of Sonos themselves (using Spotify APIs I guess), so some of the features you're after (me too by the way) you should request from them.

Some of the other features I would hazard - perhaps Radio, most certainly Apps, possibly proper playlist folder support - would require updates to the Spotify APIs to allow Sonos to use them. I have no idea where or how to find out where that line is though, so it's worth keeping on badgering both parties.

Dave

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
20 people liked this

DeAl
Casual Listener

The Spotify search engine is really disappointing within Sonos. I'm not able to find Spotify playlists created by radio stations. However, with a free Spotify account and web browser, I can find them without any problem. For Spotify within Sonos, we need a premium account... and get less in return. Not fair!

Is any improvement expected in the near future for the Spotify search engine?

33 people liked this

chrisjan

Fully agree. What about aproaching this the other way around and integrate Sonos into the Spotify client? E.g. beeing able to play music from within the spotify app to one of my Sonos components.

11 people liked this

jmbeleta
Casual Listener

Integrating Sonos in the Spotify client?

This would be the perfect solution. I think this could easily done in Android using intents. And perhaps in Windows and OSX using the Spotify Apps API. Don't know in iOS.

21 people liked this

CAST

Totally agree I just cancelled my Premium Spotify Service because of the sheer lack of Sonos Support.

I think Spotify are the guys who should be after proper support...

This SUX!

10 people liked this

DrinkingBuddy

Sonos is effectively a UPnP device, there is no reason Spotify couldn't integrate with it form their application if they wanted to.

13 people liked this

brandnew

Completely agree with all posts here! I just want to add my support to the expressed sentiments.

I was thinking of ditching my LastFM account, but now I think I'll ditch Spotify if I can't use the 'tag' service in Sonos.

"Please note, Spotify."

15 people liked this

gert_70

I completely agree on this one. I just bought my SONOS system and have a spotify premium account. It works fine technically. But I just want to use my Spotify interface to play TO the SONOS speakers (or BRIDGE).

Can anyone from the spotify team comment on this?

12 people liked this

Perilous
Regular

Unfortunately, I have never seen a definitive answer on this...I wish SOMEONE/ANYONE from Sonos or Spotify would say anything...anything planned? Never going to be done? 

Definitely strange and many people cancel premium because of it...don't need the revenue?

SUGGESTED POSTS