Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I actually returned my Sonos for a Heos 7. Sounds better and as far as I can tell integration with spotify is seamless. The spotify app just opens up. I only played with it for a few minutes as it is at my work location, but looking forward to the improved system this week. I have used radio and agree, music selection is not as good as spotify.

I read over at the Sonos forums that Sonos would soon support Spotify Connect.  I dont know how reliable this information is and the person posting it was a new member (maybe protecting their identity?!) so makes me even more cautious !

http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=42860

Lets hope there is some truth behind it and Sonos and Spotify have resolved their differences (since neither is gaining by not getting along !)

This is currently stopping me from buying more Sonos speakers. Denon Heos is too expensive compared to Sonos for me. And as a owner of a Denon avr-x2100w amplifier I would switch from Sonos to Heos only if the avr would speak natively with the heos system (same company) which is not today.
Camillo

Just cancelled my new Spotify sub because I can't use it with Sonos.
😞

Hi
What do you mean exactly ?
Please describe.
Camillo

There is not a lot to describe. No search, empty 'starred' list. None of my saved stuff shows up. I don't use playlists. No Sonos updates available, and reattaching to my Spotify account didn't help.

I think you should post and contact Sonos support for this.
Sonos have a proxy service which hides the Spotify frontends.
If you have problems with Spotify on Sonos this is a Sonos issue.
Latest Spotify outages on Sonos were a a Sonos fault, not Spotify.
Hope you can solve this.
Feel free to ask, I have a Sonos Play 1 myself as well.
Camillo

Not sure how you think the problem is Sonos when every other services works well on Sonos. It's clearly Spotify who don't want to play ball. I won't come back to Spotify until they sort this but they don't seem bothered about losing Sonos customers

Hi,
That's because it depends on how Sonos implement specific service hooks in their software and apps.
Sonos device connects to Sonos servers which then connect with Spotify servers.
The problem is not sure to be on Spotify side; there are many variables in the Sonos software and in the Sonos servers communication.
Contact Sonos because they made the software you are using.
I heard in the past about Spotify outages on Sonos in a specific region was due to some updates on Sonos backend going on.
So if you want be sure on how to blame, please contact also Sonos support or ask for help even on the Sonos community forums.
Hope you can solve your problem there.
Let us know.
Camillo

I returned my sonos for a Heos and could not be happier. Sounds better and full integration.

Not sure what you are on about camillo75 - but Sonos does not fully integrate with Spotify, unless something has changed recently there is no way to play your Spotify library (your music) via Sonos

Agreed, the situation is very, very annoying. I would switch to Google music as it has full integration, but I much prefer spotify. With a 5 room sonos set-up I feel slightly stuck. Sonos have just confirmed again they aren't doing spotify connect, but are working on better integration within the sonos app. This has been dragging on and on, not good from either company.

Spotify are and have always been recalcitrant ... they don't give two bits about their paying members.

First the lock in with Facebook which bit them in the ass, and that they eventually backed down from.

Then it took a year of bleeding members to Rdio / MOG with their far superior UI's and the ability to build a collection of albums for Spotify to be dragged kicking and screaming away from the playlist only model to adding "Your Music" and the ability to, gasp, save a favourite album, and yet again we see them playing the same game of lip service to their customers - not supporting the "Your Music" functionality on existing integrations with third parties.

Personally I think the CEO is on a power trip and thinks he knows best, but clearly with the backdowns and changes over time ...

Vote with your dollars, I know I will again

I am about to do the same - Return Sonos and get Heos.

Or even better. Drop Spotify and get Google Play.

Make it work....

PATRIOTEN

Newly became Rising Star.
Not yet experienced, but willing to learn.
If i can help, don't hesitate to ask. 🙂

Does anybody know what the current status is? In this thread I find that Sonos is pesponsible for the Spotify integration, but Sonos support told me that the limited Spotify options in Sonos are due to a limited Spotify API??

+1 Spotify, please give feedback!

I'm so pissed off that I upgraded to premium and I can't get radio on my Sonos! Spotify needs to give Sonos the tools to make it work.

It absolutely is a Spotify issue, they have not exposed the Radio or "Your Music" functions via the existing API.  It has been like this for around two years now.

I don't use Sonos, but Squeezebox - a defunct platform that Logitech bought and then killed through lack of vision.  The Spotify integration now in Squeezebox land is pretty broken again because of the missing functionality.  Sounds like Sonos

Anyway there is a community plugin for LogitechMediaServer giving full integration to Google Play Music.

I love it and the radio feature seems far superior to Spotify.

Here is a locally installed app to convert your playlists.  Works well, but only convert say 4-10 at a time depending on the number of tracks.

https://github.com/rckclmbr/pyportify

Thank goodness for competition - Spotify have pissed me off too much now, I won't be back.

Cheers

It absolutely is a Spotify issue, they have not exposed the Radio or "Your Music" functions via the existing API.  It has been like this for around two years now.

I don't use Sonos, but Squeezebox - a defunct platform that Logitech bought and then killed through lack of vision.  The Spotify integration now in Squeezebox land is pretty broken again because of the missing functionality.  Sounds like Sonos

Anyway there is a community plugin for LogitechMediaServer giving full integration to Google Play Music.

I love it and the radio feature seems far superior to Spotify.

Here is a locally installed app to convert your playlists.  Works well, but only convert say 4-10 at a time depending on the number of tracks.

github.com/rckclmbr/pyportify

Thank goodness for competition - Spotify have pissed me off too much now, I won't be back.

Cheers

Suggested posts