Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Come on Spotify do we all have to cancel our subscription???????Smiley Mad

I canceled my subscription months ago. Really not worth paying when the client is as bad as this.

Will probably change to another stream service with a better client for Windows Phone, any recommendations? 

Zune, Deezer and Nokia Music. Maybe more these days.

Zune is best of those. But not available in all countries. Nokia Music just for Lumia. Deezer is otherwise good, but bad sound quality and no ability to use in background.

Probably gonna make my own Spotify app and release it in the WP Marketplace 🙂 Just a **bleep**load of errors to fix before I can start fixing the bugs lolz http://imgur.com/kkrfo If anyone got good experience with XAML, PM me 🙂

- Martin

If You want someone to help You test it before You release it on marketplace.. Let me know, i'll be happy to help out;)

Sure! I just need to compile the soruce so I can start fixing bugs I find 🙂

- Martin

Oh... Big thanks to you. Imrpvoe the Spotify. I appreciate your work. Thank you.

Spotify do not care.

I would love to help you out with some testing and UX.

I'm also a developer (homebrews like PassKeeper and ROMAbout, available at XDA-Developers if you'd like some references.)

Regards

Izaac

Sorry but how to write an App for Spotify for .NET (specially for Windows Phone) if the API is neither documented nor and API implementation available for .NET?

I'am also interested to develop an App...

I downloaded the XAP from the Marketplace to my computer, extracted the DLL files using winrar, then I got the code using ILSpy 🙂 There is no documentation on it. However, I have seen an iPad app that works with Spotify which is not oficcial.

- Martin

I asked Deezer support if they will add multitasking and got a reply:

The windows app is currently being updated to allow multitasking. It should be available in the next few weeks.

Once they get this version out I will ditch Spotify. Let's see what the situation is in a few years if Spotify decide to support the WP platform.

I just found a critical bug this morning. When I was going to school, I found out that I could play tracks that I had not made avaiable offline and the sync via 3G was set to on. Even though if I switch it to off, it is automatically set back to on when I launch the Spotify app again if I clicked on the home button. In order to save the settings, I had to click the back button on my phone.

@dreadnaught wrote:

I asked Deezer support if they will add multitasking and got a reply:

The windows app is currently being updated to allow multitasking. It should be available in the next few weeks.

Once they get this version out I will ditch Spotify. Let's see what the situation is in a few years if Spotify decide to support the WP platform.

Thank you, maybe it's time then to switch to Deezer...

Still no word regarding a fix for the offline playlist issues?

i spent an hour ensuring my songs are there in offline mode, the very next day, spotify apps show me they arent there for me.

I know this has been suggested by several people on the forum, for some to no avail, but reinstalling the spotify-app helped for me. Now I can sync to create offline playlists, but God in London does it take a long time. I have a 10Mb line, so speed should not be the issue.

What's worrying me is the complete lack of feedback from the sportify crew as to when we can expect an app that's not made by what looks like illiterate North Korean slave labour

Spotify, Spotify... add news... I am really ready to switch to another service...

Watch the open job list: http://www.spotify.com/nl/jobs/vacancies/

They are only jobs for developing apps in Android and IOS. Not Windows Phone 7. I guess this app is never going to be updated for Windwos Phone 7.

I think I'm going to change to Deezer. It has a better app for Windows Phone 7 then spotify..

Good choice. As someone asked before, Deezer is adding a multitasking to it's WP App. Very soon.

I wait it. Deezer also have a radio in mobile and web browser. Also you do not need to install anything to your PC, just listen music in browser.

I'm sad to say this, but Spotify Windows Phone app is piece of **bleep**.

Suggested posts