Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I don't think typing in a letter has anything to do with it. When it worked, prior to the 16.1 error code, typing in a letter got you a lot of responses. Typing in more narrowed it down. But since this 16.1 error code appeared, nothing works. I typed in "Lionel Richie" and got "Error code 16.1" at each added letter and at the whole name, but nothing appears in the results section.

Hi all my new friends, sorry for slow response, just want to fill you all in. Spotify told me to delete and re-install channel and offered me a free month of service. I did that and it worked fine so I took the deal and said thanks. One day later problem returned. Tried same trick but did not work a second time. So I emailed them and told them I still had the problem but so far no response. Will keep you all posted.

Jeff

I did a warm restart of the ROKU player, removed and reinstalled Spotify, but nothing works. Now I just tried unplugging and replugging the ROKU player, but got the same result: Error searching code 16.1. No one live seems to be available at Spotify. Maybe it’s time to cancel the subscription and seek an alternative.

Hello everyone,

Has there been any resolution on this issue?  I love Spotify, but this Roku app is slowly draining my will to live. 🙂  The search feature already left much to be desired, but now it's stopped working all together.  I wish the Roku app was as good as EVERYTHING ELSE Spotify does.  Oy.

Thanks.

I have this problem too. Occurred about a week ago. Any one with a solution?

Roku Spotify 16.1 error going on a full week now, no fix, whats up

Me too !!

They ever fix this ?

I just shook the tree on Twitter.  Let's see what happens.  It's basically unusable right now. 

I'm pretty sure the Roku Spotify Channel used the search functionality of the Spotify Metadata API, which was deprecated on January 20, 2016.

If so, the channel will need to be updated to use the newer Spotify Web API.

It looks like Spotify is aware of the problem. However, I doubt they have a resident Roku developer at hand, given the number of years since the channel was last updated.The delay in fixing this is probably due to the time it takes to find a knowledgeable Roku developer who can implement the changes, get them up to speed on how the channel works, implement and test the changes, then deploy the updated channel to Roku, which has to go through an approval process before Roku will allow the update into the Channel Store.

Sounds like the most likely explanation!

Don't give up on Spotify. We are living in an incredible world in which this is even possible in the first place. We are all early adopters, these are the growing pains.

They should turn the old API back on until they fixed this.

That would probably be the easiest fix in the short term, unless there's some compelling reason (which I can't think of) why the old API will no longer work.

Hey there,

Im still able to listen to all of my playlists, but am unable to search. It's pretty frustraiting that this has been going on so long.

I'm going to email them too. A free month of service is the least they can do for everyone with this issue.

I contacted Spotify.  Their response was "sorry you feel that way," and they're sorry "you feel the app is not working as it should."  I guess the resolution is to change the way I "feel."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSR6ZzjDZ94

Usually when companies change/remove/replace APIs and other functionality, etc, it's to provide a "better user experience". You should feel happy about that too.

It is time for a class action lawasuit, if spotify has twenty million subscribers paying ten bucks a month and not getting what they paid for that is a very big lawsuit and should get their attention as well as the attention of stock market investors. Rise up!

Same. Needs to be fixed ASAP. Too many people pay monthly for this to go on so long. While you're at it, why doesn't the Roku channel behave a little more like the mobile app or the web player? The skeleton functionality is frustrating.

Same here...this is so annoying...just started having this issue all of a sudden!

I am having the same issue. What can I do?

Suggested posts