Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium not working on Sonos?

hi,

Anyone having trouble getting Spotify (premium) to work through the Sonos system (play 5 with or without bridge)?

We're temporarily living in Singapore and bought the Sonos device here, since we needed new equipment anyway. Does it have something to do with country restrictions? or will we have the same problem at home?

I’m very disappointed that we can not use Spotify via Sonos. That is really why we got the Spotify premium account in the first place. I can't be bothered to listen to music through our laptops speakers... (I can use Spotify through our laptop, Ipad and even my iphone with Singaporean phone subscription)

thanks,
B

11 Replies

Hi B,

Welcome to the Community. You should be able to use your Spotify, are you logging in with the username 'bartsolleveld' and your Spotify password?

Have you tried contacting Sonos with this issue? It sounds like it could be a hardware issue with the Sonos player, rather than with your Spotify.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi B,

Check the country setting of the Sonos system itself. The country setting needs to be one of the countries for which Spotify is licensed. I don't think it matters which one, but you might as well use the same country as your Spotify account.

Dear Sam and Jude,

Thanks for your reply!

I did contact Sonos and eventhough they are quick and friendly they could not help with this issue. the thought the problem would be with Spotify and the country restrictions.

Our settings are all set to The Netherlands for both Spotify and Sonos.

Any other suggestions are much appreciated.

if we cant get it fixed I'm tempted to cancel our spotify for now until we're back in NL, however then like you suggest maybe the sonos machine is faulty?

thanks
B

Hi

Didn't get another reply....

Tried all the tips the Sonos team have given. their final answer is below:

being located in Singapore might completely be the reason for the performance issues you experience. Spotify on Sonos use different servers than the regular Spotify ones, which might explain why the normal client works fine. As the diagnostic doesn't show anything unusual, and your internet speed is more than enough for the stream to play.

So is there a sollution for this? and how will this work when we are back in The Netherlands? if it won´t work there is no use for us to keep the spotify premium account...

Hope anyone has any suggestions.

thanks

Apparently spotlfy will not run on Logitech systems in the USA either. I have a squeezebox. I can log in, choose music, see the art, but it will not play. Logitech customer service told me spotlfy has not been running on the squeezebox for several weeks. Looking for a solution on the Internet it looks like it has not been running all year.

@B4 - I'm very sorry. It seems that what I said was wrong. The Spotify is not accessible on a Sonos system when not in a country were Spotify is not currently licensed, whatever the country setting of the Sonos system.

@melissa11

>> Apparently spotlfy will not run on Logitech systems in the USA either

Spotify is licensed in the USA, and it will run on a Logitech system in the USA. However, it can only run on the Squeezebox Radio and Touch. If you are using a different Squeezebox than one of these two, you will be able to see your playlists, but for technical reasons, the tracks are unplayable (http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/tech/speaker-streaming/)

I'm having the same problem. I have spotify premium in the US. For months it worked perfectly fine with Sonos. And now recently it's not working. I've updated all of the software for sonos and it hasn't fixed it. Anyone know how to fix this? I don't want to pay for Spotify premium if i can't make it work with my sonos...

I'm living in Qatar where  Spotify is not introduced. I have a Norwegian Spotify account.

Installed play 5 and used Qatar as country. No spotify option in the menus on the sonos.

Did a factory reset of the sonos and used Norway as country for the new setup.

Spotify as option showed up and Spotify playing works nice.

I have managed to add Spotify (Premium) to my Sonos (software v4.1, yesterdays release 29.05.13) but I still cannot play songs!

Please any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What error message are you getting?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have exact the same problem as described by bdepersia. I hope it can be fix as Spotify Premium has brought my love of music to the next level.

Suggested posts