Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have today written this mail to both SONOS and Spotify.

I have posted it on both comunities and mailed it directly to hed of customerservice.

Hope somebody reads their mail.

Please KUDO if you agree

Dear SONOS and Spotify

As one of your thousands (millions?) of customers i am very frustrated that i can’t get a straight answer from either SONOS og Spotify.

The issue is the missing Spotify-functions in SONOS control.

SONOS is sold as Loudspeakers, and they are good at that. Spotify is sold as music library and is excellent as that.

So far so good.

But when it comes to control the music it starts to limp. The SONOS control does not have alle the functions there are in Spotify, and Spotify can’t control SONOS.

We miss the radiofunction and possibility to search and pick playlists without “following” them first. There are surely other missing functions. Why not just implement them all?

There are thousands of comments and prayers on both communities, but no answer.

Some users have different stories about asking both SONOS of Spotify about this, and apparently the two companies are blaming each other.

I dont think it is that simple. There must be more to the story than that. But what?

Please SONOS and Spotify:

Give us an official answer. Join at least in this, so your paying customers can make their choice.

I guess SONOS / Spotify will be the perfect match if you get together ad solve this problem.

This is published on both Spotify and SONOS.

With hope for an constructive answer.

Best regards

Poul Erik

PATRIOTEN

Newly became Rising Star.
Not yet experienced, but willing to learn.
If i can help, don't hesitate to ask. 🙂

Dear Guidop67 (and others)

Maybe my post:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Partnerships-Dear-SONOS-and-Spotify-Get-together-a...

will interest you?

Best regards

Poul Erik

PATRIOTEN

Hello friends, I have come up with a solution to adding Spotify Browse to Sonos! 🙂

This is a FREE / OPEN SOURCE plugin for the software Jamcast. If you have a Windows PC simply download the Jamcast software and then download and install the plugin.

I plan to add Spotify Radio and other features soon.

For more information and the download link click here:

http://getjamcast.com/Forum/yaf_postst1888_-RELEASE--Spotify-Channel-w--Browse--BETA.aspx

I would likeit if you give this a try and provide me some feedback. 🙂

Main Menu

Moods

New Releases

Dear TK

Great that you can do such things. It is a bit "longhaired" for me, but it certinly proofs, that it is dooable.

Personally i use Mac, iPhone and iPad.

I am sure that a lot of the comunitymembers look foreward to your "release".

Great job.

Best regards

Poul Erik

PATRIOTEN

Poul, thanks for your well wishes. Yes, if you don't have a Windows PC this solution won't work for you. But to be clear you can use your iPhone for Sonos still, you just need the Windows bit running in the background.

I'm still hopeful Spotify and Sonos will enhance their integration as requsted. Indeed it's certainly "dooable", so let's not give up yet. 😉

Cheers,

Julian

We will never yeld..

I think there are users, that are not so technical as you and i and for them it will not be a solution to run windows on iPhone to get SONOS to interact with Spotify. Just to write it gives me shortness of breath Smiley Very Happy

Keep up the good work.

// Poul Erik

PATRIOTEN

Oh goodness, Poul, I didn't mean Windows running on the iPhone! I wouldn't even know where to begin with that. 🙂

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I just meant, you do need a Windows PC involved but you can still use your iPhone and iPad controller to run the whole thing.

OK understand

Thought i should run WIndows in a VirtualBox and do something wierd. (Doing that on my Mac because there are some programs i cant run on Mac)

But again. The average housewife, whom by a SONOS device, cant do that.

I am sure that SONOS and Spotify will fix this soon. Or - as somene else proposed - Spotify should buy SONOS Smiley Very Happy

Best regards

PE

PATRIOTEN

I don't have a PC, so unfortunately not much use. This all looks a bit techie for the average consumer too - the whole point of Sonos is that it's just plug and play and easy for a child to use. 😞

Dear Danny

I quite agree. That is why the solution is wery good for them that like technics and love to play with their devices.

But us ordinary users have to trust Spotify and SONOS to fix it. And they will. Im sure. And i will use all my diplomacy to persuade them.

Have had mailcorrespondance with SONOS to day where i mentioned the issue (again).

But i think Spotify is to valuabe to leave (trust me - i have considered it). Better to stay and work for it.

Best regards

Poul Erik

PATRIOTEN

Good luck at getting them to work together. Spotify has already lost years worth of revenue, mine included, just because they won't release a working API.

The reason for this is most likely either A: Spotify is demanding money for 3rd parties to get access, and Sonos and the rest won't pay; or B spotify won't release access to their system, full stop, because that would mean that they lost full access to their users.

All in all you have to wait until spotify accepts getting customers that are not using their software, or until spotify controls the market and can demand extra payment for access.

Until then i recommend using one of the other excellent services that work perfectly on Sonos. For myself that includes google play and yousee broadband services.

Spotify don't care. They have had years to fix it and haven't.

Unfortunately I think you are being naive to think you have any persuasion over them, they don't care what you think or how many emails you send them. You can mention the issue 1000 times, they will just fob you off and do nothing.

Move to Google Play. I did. I don't like it as much as Spotity, but it's 90% as good, you can upload your own tracks to fill in any library gaps, and it works lovely with Sonos (as Spotify does).

Deardanny__ and Rukkulakki

Thanks for your reply

My philosophy is to believe the best about others. And that they will work constructively for a better world.
I know that I sometimes get disappointed, but I dont want to live in a world where you basically distrusts others.

I received friendly letters from both Sonos and Spotify. I wish and hope that they will find a solution together.

With our overall positive attitude i think we will succeed.

I started with GooglePlay because there was a 3 month free trial. And that was why i bought a lot of SONOS. But i think Spotify has a much better userinterface. Except of course the missing parts.

Fortunately this community compensate for the missing functionalities. On GooglePlay there is much longer to someone who cares. Here on Spotify Community i found that we all care about each other.

I fully understand your disappointment, but i have chosen to work for it. Hope you both will as well.

Best regards

Poul Erik

PATRIOTEN

Just cancelled my Spotify premium account because of the poor interface with Sonos. Bye Spotify!

Dear @Julianredfern

Sad to hear that. Even though i fully understand that you are disappointed. So are many others.

I stay at Spotify and hope they eventually will get together with SONOS and fix it.

I wish you the best where ever you go.

Best regards

Poul Erik

PATRIOTEN

I hope they have it sorted for you, Poul, before your 80th birthday!

Dear @danny__

I am a naive. I know. But i have to believe the best in other. And 80 will be in only 20 years from now Smiley LOL

Best

//PE

PATRIOTEN

20 years Spotify, the gauntlet has been thrown down, can you do it?!

It's not just killing me. It's unethical that a company that depends on stream music would strip out all of it features and functionality and then sell their product without informing potential cusomers upfront.  There should be a warning on every ad and on the box--if you love music and all the features streaming music offers in a digital world, this product is not for you!  This is ridiculous. If all Sonos is good for is playing music from your phone, why not buy less expensive bluetooth speakers. We need to prevail on this company to get its act together or refund out money now!  How in all the world can they take away Artist Radio and other features designed to help people find new music and then think that's in any way an acceptable product.  I intend to continue to inform potential buyers on their Facebook page that there is a major flaw in their product offering and to think hard before shelling out big bucks on this ridiculousness. 

We got heard ! ! ! 

Now it is official. Spotify Radio comes for SONOS.

Out in BETA now, so it is only a question of time.

Thnk the rest will come now the bag is opened.

Thanks Spotify and SONOS. I am glad i stayed at Spotify.

Best regards

Poul Erik

Spotify on Sonos Update

Posted on June 18th, 2015 by Sonos Staff in News, Worldwide

New features and improvements are available in beta for Android users starting today (iOS and desktop coming soon).

Last month we announced a new set of tools to help us bring you more from our streaming music partners. Among the first to take advantage of these is Spotify.

Now in beta, this update brings more of the Spotify features you enjoy in every room of your home through theSonos Controller App, like genres + moods, time-of-day recommendations, and the ability to start a radio station from any artist or track.

PATRIOTEN

Suggested posts