3 people liked this

Re: Retirement of our Running Feature

JaimeRivera

Wow, the one thing that got me hooked on Spotify. Why not offer alternatives. Not this either-or approach? What I liked was a BPM calculator. How hard can it be to keep at least some of the functionality?

3 people liked this

emcollins3
Regular

I encourage folks to drop an email to Spotify's Chief Marketing Officer, Seth Farbman,  to let your voices be heard on this since apparently 481 votes to bring this back, and 600+ comments on the thread where they tried to hide published the announcement, are not enough to help them realize how upset users are. 

EMAIL REMOVED

1 person liked this

Kcvw

Wow, this is really disappointing and I hope Spotify reconsiders and brings it back. There are many music services available, and the running feature was the thing that set Spotify apart, and convinced me to use them over any other service. Without it, there are lots of other places I can take my money. I also took the advice of the previous poster and emailed the Chief Marketing Officer as well. 

2 people liked this

Marsif

This is very bad move, running was of the best featured of Spotify. This was one of the main reasons why I kept my subscription. Very sad and very disappointing.

3 people liked this

dcskate0122

Really don't know why you make such bad move to retire the most important and useful feature. Maybe you think that users like us are so hooked and will not leave Spotify forever. Keep doing such kind of stupid move then u'll see no one care Spotify anymore cuz we already leave and won't subscribe again. 

2 people liked this

Triplebben
Regular

Just cancelled my subscription. Gonna check out deezer, apple music, fit radio. Need a music subscription beyond that of the running feature but the way this has been handled annoys me enough to not want it to be Spotify.

jonas1973
Regular

I need to find an alternative music service for running. Time consuming and annoying. In the meantime no point in staying with Spotify. I pay 99 SEK per month, next period I will start a free month with Deezer instead.  

Screenshot_20180309-084124.png
1 person liked this

Oslopaul
Casual Listener

I was flying home to Oslo 2 years ago and sat next to and consequently overheard a guy that managed one piece of playlist software for Spotify, and I was shocked at the kind of figures he was throwing around. I am sure that this has absolutely nothing to do with improving ANYTHING on the user-end of Splotchy Fry but is a merger bargaining chip. I did manage to put together a playlist of stuff I liked with a range of 170-180 bpm, and I actually like this better. However, the bull**bleep** PR massage from Spotify should be called out.

2 people liked this

Snommit

Wow, this is beyond disappointing. And without any real heads up or notification via email. This was the main feature to use your service and what drew me in. Your running choices now are not even close to what you offered through this service. I run at a 190 bpm and as others have stated, anything beyond approximately 5 bpm swing is extremely noticeable and pulls me away from what I’m trying achieve by focusing on the best and keep me in rhythm. You have lost a customer with the removal of this feature. 

hansvveen

For me it is inconceivable why you would retire such a strong feature. Bring it back!

SUGGESTED POSTS