2 people liked this

Re: I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Lllhg

I HAVE A FIX FOR DESKTOP THAT ISNT FACEBOOK RELATED. worked for me perfectly. go to the log in screen where it also says "log in with facebook". at the bottom you will see "settings" click on that. you will see the proxy thing say "auto detect" (or maybe other types" change that to HTTP by clicking on it to bring up a drop-down box. click on "update proxy" BOOM. FIXED.

1 person liked this

tsmith35
Regular

Hey, looks like you provided the missing piece of the puzzle for solving the "Offline" puzzle where Spotify says it can't detect an internet connection. I updated Spotify, then chose Settings, then clicked the button for Advanced Settings at the bottom. The proxy type was set to "Auto Detect" and I changed it to "No Proxy", then clicked the Update Proxy button and restarted Spotify. Works like a charm. Guessing the Spotify programmers need to figure out how to fix the proxy auto-detect code.

Spotify No Proxy.png

sorelle
Casual Listener

Thank you, that worked for me!

I wonder when Spotify would fix this ussue.

1 person liked this

cxckmc_x-sqzs

This worked for me. Thanks so much 👌.

@delaseivad wrote:
I solved my issue like this....

Go to 'settings'
Data usage.
Mobile data usage.
(find Spotify in the list of apps and tap on it)
Turn OFF 'wi-fi disabled'.
Turn OFF 'data usage disabled'

Fixed!
Hope it works for you.

Offline fix.

Kaz9
Casual Listener

Turn off the WiFi on the device, log out of Spotify then turn WiFi back on and log into Spotify using Facebook. Fixed the problem for me, hope it does the same for you. 

805681FB-3026-48A2-A1D3-61D89E4EBF3A.png
F3F58CC8-AC13-4B9B-97DC-97749E043853.png

BiggAge

I don't use Facebook and I am still having the same problem; error code 4.  It works on all my other devices except my laptop. 

_-d9dwdut8kv
Songwriter

You should turn off your internet connection and log off from Spotify. 

Swordy79
Casual Listener

I have the same issue have tried everything suggested and still cannot log in as saying im offline when clearly i am not!on top of that even if spotify was offline how in the **bleep** do u expect 2 b able 2 get 2 settings to change it when it wont let u log in??!!as a paying premium customer 4 ova 2 years now i am absolutely disgusted in spotifys effort to rectify this issue.

If the only option left is to uninstall and reinstall then be expected 2 redownload every thing again after paying ontime everytime i will be demanding full refund,if this is how spotify thinks this is how u run things then spotify really needs 2 take a good look at there management as if i ran my bussiness in this manner i wouldnt have customers left!

This is an absolute joke and has been happening 4 a long time wth no effort to fix.

Disgusted&

Disappointed soon 2 be EX customer.

OritBj

I tried every solution suggested and nothing worked, after fiddling for a few hours I found what worked for me. 

What fixed it for me was, I went to my account settings on the website and logged off on all devices, than logged back on my phone (which hadn the problem) and it was fixed.

Hope this helps at least a few :) 

Swordy79
Casual Listener
Ill give that a go thanks

##- Please type your reply above this line
SUGGESTED POSTS