Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to create account

I'm trying to create an account for my son in order to initiate family subscription. However, account creation (without Facebook) continues to time out ("I'm not a robot" require re-authentication after minutes). I tried several times yesterday and now again today. 

What can the problem be? There is no error message shown. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Interestingly enough, my son is not old enough. That is fair, but: 

I wrongly typed in his DOB as 31.08.2007. This gaven an error message in the UI. I then did the correct one, 31.08.2005. This gave no error, hence I thought it was ok. 

According to support this might be the reason: 

"You may not be getting the error because the year calculates to a 13 year old already. However, since the date of birth itself is yet to pass, the system recognizes this and doesn't allow the registration to go through."

So it appears we have to wait. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @Ivar,

have you tried to use an incognito tab, clear the cookies of your browser and use another browser or device?

When this doesn't work, you should try to use another internet connection (e.g. cellular data instead of WiFi).

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've got the exact same problem for the exact same reason. I've tried everything I can think of. My next step is just to cancel the lot as it shouldn't be this difficult to set an account up!!!

I've tried on four different devices including 2 computers and 2 mobiles, in incognito mode normal mode. Progress bar continues forever. 
Note that this is "create account" without using a Facebook account. 

Hey again @Ivar and @Samson84,

could you please try to use another email address 🙂

Let me know how it goes and

Have a great day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

Hi, 

I'm trying to sign up my sons account. He only has one mail-account and I'm not signing him up on a temp one. I'm a customer that try to provide Spotify more business. But since this hasn't been working for four days straight, I cancelled the Family subscription. 

Thank you for trying to assist. Btw. I think it's strange that there is no easy-to-find Spotify specific support for issues like this. 

Hey again @Ivar,

are you trying to open an account here:
Spotify.com/signup

If you don't want to use Facebook, you can click "Sign up with your email address"

If this isn't working, which country are you trying to sign up from?
Also, it's worth checking you‘re not using a VPN 🙂

Have a great day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

I'm attempting to sign up on https://www.spotify.com/no/signup/ without Facebook. From different physical connections on different lines delivered by different vendors. And no - no vpn. From Norway as you can tell by the link. 

I've tried to only use spotify.com/signup, but I always get redirected to the link above. 

I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Vivaldi browsers, all without luck. 

Hey @Ivar,

Hmm, I'm sorry to hear. I'd recommend reaching out to Support now. Let them know the steps you've tried already, and they'll take a closer look backstage.

You can contact the support trough this link.

Also it can be reached through Twitter via @spotifycares or trough the Spotifycares Facebook site.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Interestingly enough, my son is not old enough. That is fair, but: 

I wrongly typed in his DOB as 31.08.2007. This gaven an error message in the UI. I then did the correct one, 31.08.2005. This gave no error, hence I thought it was ok. 

According to support this might be the reason: 

"You may not be getting the error because the year calculates to a 13 year old already. However, since the date of birth itself is yet to pass, the system recognizes this and doesn't allow the registration to go through."

So it appears we have to wait. 

Suggested posts