Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hi there,

I've submitted the question to Spotify and someone replied saying that some users have been facing this issue with certain browsers.

Therefore, I should try with another browser.

I have a MAC so I was able to try using Safari and Firefox but it didn't work.

I'll try using IE tomorrow from the office.

I'll let you now if it goes through...

I have this same problem, and can't see a way to contact Spotify.  

@docmonaco wrote:

I have this same problem, and can't see a way to contact Spotify.  

Right here 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks, you are legend! 🙂

Hi,

I am not back with a solution but I do have an answer.

it is currently not possible to use American express as a payment method!

The only way is using paypal where you can attach your AMEX. However, this will not make eligeble for the promotion AMEX have at the moment (£9.99 back if you pay your spotify premium subscription with an AMEX)

I hope this will be fixed very soon though,

Bruno

I raised this issue directly with the customer support team as well.  They sent me standard a couple of cut & paste responses which were no use, then said they'd look into the issue and get back to me.  I've heard nothing more.

What some of you might be interested to know is that despite the silence, this issue does appear to have been fixed.  I tried again a few minutes ago and was able to add my AmEx card for payment.  YMMV, so good luck.

It's not working for me yet 😞 I've been trying for months! 

I tried updating my payment method to my American Express BlueBird (pre-paid)

First I tried using my iPad-Safari...  DID NOT WORK- "could not update payment method"

Second.. I used Firefox... same thing ..wouldn't allow me to update payment method..

Third.. I decided to try Internet Explorer. BOOM  it worked!!! accepted my payment method and my account was debited for my premium subscription!!!

So try IE

Suggested posts