Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unfortunately not, mobile and tablet have always had different restrictions to desktop and web. In the past just logging in on a mobile device was a Premium only feature.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi All,

Just after canceling the premium service, song on my playlist coming as not available. Neither on mobile phone or PC.

Even after the app update, same think.

Any help with this?

I can't believe that this is supposed to be the answer...

I want to play popular songs, I heard soooo many times on spotify. And now when I want to play a playlist, it very often just STOPS, because there is a song it doesn't want to play. I'm sick of having to start it manually all the time by choosing the next song and I'm sick of not being able to play songs, I heard so very often and want to hear again! Come on.... Rather be by Jess Glynne feat. Clean Bandit???

You can't tell me that they suddenly have licence problems. This one was in the charts last year.

This is why i am leaving premium, customer since many years... i have a huge playslists now and 5% of my songs are unavailable and sometimes it's for albums that i often listen to.

Back to old habbit, downloaded my playlists on MP3 hight quality, thanks god i found an easy way to do it. and now i will use spotify as additional player not my main one anymore !

This is a real mess because we are paying for the service.

Spotify should make a cotract to oblige editors to leave the song as it is once published, it's like you buy a disk and after 2 years the editor know at your door to get the disk back because he decided to.

Even legally it's not that correct thus kind of behaviour, "because we can then we will do it ?!!!" it's not a reason ! at all !!!!!

Numeric technologies should make us progress not regress.

I was really happy to use spotify like that editors get money, but now,  f*** them. i am back to the dark side nothing better than that.

Ciao

Note : many solution are available to sync music, google music etc. the migration will be easy.

I have (or had) original songs on Spotify through CD Baby.  Today when I checked for them, they seem to have disappeared or are unavailable.  What is going on?

Hello,

This is happening to me too, but with one diference, the songs are not available to me are available for my coworkers, with the same IP, conexion, computers and the same everthing.

What can I do?

Thanks

Having the same problem. Example, I am from Philippines and so is my account (it is a Premium one). When I log in using my Premium Account, some songs/album are not available (Ex. Wiz Khalifa's Rolling Papers Album). I tried to create an account with a UK Account and suddenly I can play the whole album. Does it have to do with country's restriction? 

FYI, I was able to play the album about 2-3 weeks ago

Hello!

At first, i'm uruguayan, so i beg you not to consider me english language errors, ok?

Well, i don't know whether my problem is apropriate for this topic or i need to create or search other similar topic.

I'm a user premium, just like many of you, and i identified musics that not even appear as unavailable, but simply DOESN'T EXIST in Spotify.

For exemple: I did searched for some Florence and The Machine's songs called "Over The Love" and "Pure Feeling". The same occurs with the Hoobastank's songs "Waiting" and "Right Before Your Eyes".

What do i have to do? I have to listen to this music from other sources, even being a premium Spotify user and paying for it???

This is very wrong and unfair not only to me, but also to other premium users that have this limitation.

Spotify's support, please what's the resolution for this? What you have to say to me???

Waiting for your answer.

Thank you

Hello @Fwa,

Florence and the Machine should be on Spotify here - https://open.spotify.com/artist/1moxjboGR7GNWYIMWsRjgG

If you can't seem to play it, it is because of regional limitations/restrictions that the music labels place, Spotify cannot control what music labels do, so if you want to hear it, you should contact the music label as Spotify can't do anything.

Again, if you are a Premium user, Spotify can't do anything with music labels controlling where and when their music will play, stay up or go down.

We hope you enjoy Spotify to its fullest.

- Brian

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

I'm a premium subscriber and I'm getting very frustrated by the amount of  "not available" in my playlists. I'm using Spotify on my desktop and I will run through half of my playlist saying not available. 

It's absurd. How many hoops do we need to jump through to get the music? Do we need to have multiple subscriptions on different providers? Maybe we should just go back to buying our music for ownership sake? Very close to moving to Google Play due to this issue. 

Hello @eduvisor,

what songs are "not available"? 

Labels or individual artists (Beyonce, Taylor Swift) often control the music that streaming services get, it's frustrating but Spotify strives to get most songs on the platform.

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

Haha! Nothing is perfect in life. 

The record companies need to get into the new economy. You are right. 

Switch? Over a couple of songs. I am sure google music has its problems. 

I know what you mean, but if you buy something, the expectation is that it's available to you. Being an apologist for Spotify or Google only reduces their need for accountability. I can't get my client to buy something and then tell them I'm taking it away and there's no refund.

Have you tried looking on Amazon for that CD? I usually find what I can't find on Spotify there. I do agree with you on the Spotify problem. I have been looking to download Joan Jett and the Black Hearts song "I Love Rock 'N Roll. Can't find it. Did find the Britney Spears version, pewk, and a bunch of cover bands. I also had it downloaded when I wasn't paying for it. Ridiculous.

Ok, let's say I understood all this appearing and disappearing from songs out of liscence reasons, I really cant understand though! Why my gf is able to listen to certain songs (e.g. 'bout me - wiz khalifa). Both of us subscribing the premium account. But in my list the song is greyed out and "not available"?

Suggested posts