Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change my home address

When upgrading to Family Premium I put in the wrong home address for my family to fill out, and now I can not find where I can change it to the correct one. How can i fix this? 🙂 Grateful for any help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch about this on the Community.

Right now, it’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan.

You need to create a new account (ensuring that you cancel the plan on your old account beforehand, and sign out everywhere) and then subscribe to Premium for Family on that new account.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

61 Replies

hello @Maandiieee

You can change your Spotify account details in the link below:

https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Problem solved? Please "Accept as solution"

Hi!

Thank you for your answer. But this does not solve my problem. 

I need to change the home address I filled in when upgrading to a family premium account. I can not find this page anywhere, which disturbes me a lot.

I will try to continue to look for a solution!

Marked as solution

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch about this on the Community.

Right now, it’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan.

You need to create a new account (ensuring that you cancel the plan on your old account beforehand, and sign out everywhere) and then subscribe to Premium for Family on that new account.

Hope this helps!

This is not an acceptable solution.  There needs to be a machanisim to change you address.  This is the only service I have ever seen (and I belong to a lot) that does not have a place to change ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION ON YOUR ACCOUNT.  This is wrong and spotify needs to correct this.

Hi there @markeby

You can submit an idea on the spotify community just click the link below:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas

It helps to improve the experience of spotify and for you as a customer. 

Just ask me if you have more questions. 

This isn't a community issue.  This is a spotify administration issue.

This is a ridiculous thing.  When you first sign up for a family account, then click to add your first person, it asks you for your info. Why in the world would I assume it was asking for MY info and not the info of the person I'm adding. 

Now I want to give this to my brother and girlfriend, and I can't without it looking like it's coming from my girlfriend, since she was the first one I was adding. I need this changed right away in order to proceed with the gifting, and you're telling me I have to wait for support to do it? WHY?!?!?!

Merry Christmas, I guess.

I have the same issue and i still not getting answer from spotify customer service.

@bernalfr

Try to do the process again and add all the usernames. 

How can I restart the process? I think I made some typos when filling the information before you get to the page where you can send  the invites.

I did it more than once.

At the end, Spotify customer service answer my email with this: We’ve made some changes backstage which should allow them to rejoin.

I did it and finally works.

I also had the same problem. Joined spotify family, clicked 'invite user' and thought it was asking for the invited user details so I put in my wifes details. But in fact it was asking me for MY details, and then you can't fix it without manually contacting support? Was the UX department on holiday when the family feature was added? Having the user enter profile information that goes into a database blackhole that you cannot edit or even view would be unacceptable for a startup company, let alone Spotify.

then by doing that you would want to expect us to pay another payment again? wow.

Same Problem. Opened a support ticket and the removed my prime family to free so I can update the address. I asked when I should update it and they said it would happen during the "re-subscription preocess". Never was promted to change my address and still don't know what is. Support has been lacking a bit. If anyone can help that would be great!

Hello, i purchased spotify for my family last month but I cannot add my sister to it no matter what. We are thinking that it might be caused due to miswritten adress which is infact the same.... but i cannot remember how I wrote my own address to the bars.. ıs there any way to see it?

SPOTIFY IS A JOKE. I've gotten in contact with two or three "spotify support" people who take days to reply to an issue we have been having for weeks. I entered the address incorrectly because the format to input the address was strange and did not allow me to enter my address in properly so one family member keeps getting kicked or cause they cannot "confirm". The only solutions they provided was to cancel and resubscribe.. are you kidding me? I can't edit my address information on an account that I paid for and put my personal credit card info into? This is the first time I have encountered this issue ever. I pay for so many things online. Never have I been blocked from viewing or editing my billing or address information with cancelling my account. Then multiple times they asked me to "confirm" we reside at the same address but fail to mention how. If it takes spotify a month to give me failed solutions to a simple problem of correcting the format of my address, then why should I give them more personal information such as pictures of mail or whatever else they need to "confirm". And marking this question as "solved" is silly because it is not solved. Spotify still has not "solved" the simple issue of allowing the Spotify family account holder to edit or view the home address information which is the root of the issue here. The back and forth emails that provide low quality support, low quality solutions, and the fact that spotify won't allow you to access your personal information will drive consumers away.

The service works very well.  The support is a joke.

Same issue here, still don't know how to fix it, 

They keep sending emails and I am not able to review what address I had when I joined (as a free user before), so it keeps sending emails to my brother and myseld asking stupid information and I cannot edit my address information.

THAT'S RIDICULOUS SPOTIFY, IF I MOVE I NEED TO CREATE ANOTHER ACCOUNT, THAT'S INACCEPTABLE

Suggested posts