Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hi. I want to test Spotify hifi, if possible.

Me too

Never heard of this before but I'm defiently interested!

WARNING.... not all so called lossless (hifi) titles on Tidal are lossless ... some are only available as mp3. i cancelled my subscription to them and returned to Spotify as i was not prepared to pay a "hifi" price for lossy (mp3) quality music.  Plus point.....  spotify has a desktop app for Linux which Tidal didn't...... I shall wait for HIFI to come to Spotify, hopefully sooner rather than later.

@rick3763 wrote:

WARNING.... not all so called lossless (hifi) titles on Tidal are lossless ... some are only available as mp3. i cancelled my subscription to them and returned to Spotify as i was not prepared to pay a "hifi" price for lossy (mp3) quality music. 

I shall wait for HIFI to come to Spotify, hopefully sooner rather than later.

The vast majority of Tidal is FLAC. In some cases the studios do not make lossless available.  But when that happens it shows in the interface, they are not trying to pass it off which your wording implies. I rarely see the lower quality.

Hifi is not coming to Spotfiy.

Personally, I have never seen a record that is not in HiFi. I do not know what you're listening to I find a lot of records in MQA.
I have a dac that says what he gets. For me it's always Hifi or MQA. never less.

I would kill for this. I've been paying for Tidal Lossless forever, even though I prefer the Spotify discovery algorithm and app. Please add me to this trial - I've been a Spotify premium user since 2012/2013? I believe.

Me too

Just coming to the end of a yearly subscription to Spotify,i am going monthly now in the hope Spotify do the right thing and launch a HI-FI subscription,i am also on a free trial with Deezer HI-FI and its a absolute pain having to transfer manually Spotifys brilliant release radar, and discover weekly choices to Deezer whos recommendations are useless.

Suggested posts