Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

**How to update payment info and change payment options.!***

This seems to get lost in multiple threads so ill post it here.

Go to https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/profile/  and look under Country.  Youll notice a link to edit payment info.

Other countries that are not the United Kingdom can just go to their specific region site and click their profile.

Click the link and go to the page. Remove the current Info and click change. Now you can add the new one or change the info..

It seems theres a bug that is stopping people from getting to this link from the subscriptions page, so this is a workaround.

Please note.

This can also be used to cancel your paid account. SImply remove all payment info and click change. Since there is now no payment information registered to your account, your account will automatically switch to "Free" status on your supossed billing date.

3 Replies

i cannot change my billing info. keep trying to remove the old info (purse stolen 3/6/13), and didn't realize that i hadn't changed the info here. remove just takes me back to the info on the card that was cancelled; whenever i try to put in the new info, i get a "declined" message--and when i go back to the subscription page, or the change-payment page, all that shows is the old info.

i really don't want to be hit with fees, so help would be greatly appreciated.

MC Seeley

@TenHouseCats wrote:

i cannot change my billing info. keep trying to remove the old info (purse stolen 3/6/13), and didn't realize that i hadn't changed the info here. remove just takes me back to the info on the card that was cancelled; whenever i try to put in the new info, i get a "declined" message--and when i go back to the subscription page, or the change-payment page, all that shows is the old info.

i really don't want to be hit with fees, so help would be greatly appreciated.

MC Seeley

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You can't remove a payment method if you still have an active subscription, which is why you get directed away from that page. You should be able to update your card details and then remove the old one. If you are having trouble adding a new card, be sure it meets all of the requirements in this help page. Alternatively, you could try cancelling your subscription, removing your card details and then trying to subscribe again. At least that way there is no way your old card will be charged. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

i had the same problem i was unable to update my credit card info.  i was using my internet explorer and it would not  cooperate.  i then tried using Google Chrome and it worked fine,  i was surprised and glad that i didnt have to cancel my account and then start all over again.  

Suggested posts