Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apparently it takes a genius to realize how much more money you could make without this restriction. Good job Spotify on being nearly as stupid as the rest of the music industry. I'll be downloading my music for free until you fix this issue.

Hello there,

I have the same problem. What strikes me as odd is that Spotify doesn't list this requirement of card linked to paypal account anywhere, unless I have missed it. They only say they require the paypal account to be verified (I assume because of the country of residence stuff someone already mentioned here), which can be done either by using a card or using a bank account. I have the latter, but still, paypal demands card details. An explanation would be great.

Best regards...

This is ludicrous. It's mentioned nowhere, there's no reasonable justification for why PayPayl accounts with verified debit accounts from a specific country wouldn't be accepted. Especially since it's over 3,5 years after first complaints. Byebye Spotify Family subscription.

Highly disappointed 😕

Hi, I actually have a debit card attached to my PayPal account. In fact, I was able to enjoy Spotify Premium for a few months.

Recently, I tried another payment method for my Premium account and enjoyed its features for a month until it expired. Now I'd like to go back to paying through PayPal but I just can't seem to finish the transaction process because it's asking me to attach Credit Card to my PayPal account which I DON'T HAVE.

Actually, people would choose PayPal because of the fact that they don't want to us Credit Cards (which is, by the way, included in your list of payment methods). Why would anyone choose PayPal when they can just click on the Credit Card method if they have to pay via Credit Cards anyway??

your FAQs did not answer this problem either.

Hi, I actually have a debit card attached to my PayPal account. In fact, I was able to enjoy Spotify Premium for a few months.

Recently, I tried another payment method for my Premium account and enjoyed its features for a month until it expired. Now I'd like to go back to paying through PayPal but I just can't seem to finish the transaction process because it's asking me to attach Credit Card to my PayPal account which I DON'T HAVE.

Actually, people would choose PayPal because of the fact that they don't want to us Credit Cards (which is, by the way, included in your list of payment methods). Why would anyone choose PayPal when they can just click on the Credit Card method if they have to pay via Credit Cards anyway??

your FAQs did not answer this problem either.

fateci pagare senza bisogno della carta di credito!

altimenti si vanifica lo scopo principale di paypal

Same problem...

Got a premium account with paypal.

I would like to use an account that does not have a credit card on..... and i can't  (France).

Although it says this question has been solved, I don't see a solution anywhere. So here I offer what has worked for me at least.

I had exactly the same problem, wanted to use Spotify Premium from Belgium with PayPal without credit card but with a verified debit card. Spotify first complained that it could not process the 9.99€ charge. Then I pre-paid some amount exceeding 9.99€ on my PayPal account, updated my Spotify payment settings entering the same PayPal account and it immediately worked. Maybe that will do the trick for you guys too?

Beste, zou jij dit in het nederlands kunnen vertellen? ik wil namelijk betalen met paypal zonder kredietkaart heb mijn paypal account gemaakt en met mijn ing bankaart gekoppelt. ik weet nu niet verder te gaan want als ik op paypal ga moet ik kiezen voor een creditcard dit is wat spotify dan vraagt. 

Suggested posts