Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

It may be a good idea but how can you keep track of if something is on a family plan or not? Even now, later in the future..you can only track a user at the current specific time. After all, there are many tools at people's disposal: proxies, social media sites (such as vkontakte) that allow music downloading.

Although, one must poder... if you're willing to go through the lengths to cheat the system, chances are you're going to download your music instead of using a (sort of knowledgebase for music)...

what about itunes?  you can use a family account and play a song on more than one device. like i get that they want to give artists the money, but any good artist shouldnt care that much about the money they get from spotify.  honestly, they dont get that much anyway, but any truly passionate artist kows that singing isnt supposed to be about the money. I get it thought, that if there are new artists, they should get more money because they dont have a lot of money sometimes, but thats even more reason to have more people using spotify, because if you share the songs you listen to, with family and friends, they will listen to the artist too, and they might go to their concerts, or buy their merchandise, or even their songs, on cd format or itunes.  Even if they dont buy anything, they might go tell people about them too. 

You can if you rip the CD to MP3's, which is completely legal within the family.

What use is the family acct if we can't listen on 2 different devices using the same acct? That was the whole idea of me doing it this way.

"If you want to support artists" **bleep**. From someone who has worked in the industry for over 15 years,  and with bands with we'll over triple platnium albums. Spotify doesn't pay **bleep**! My artists get about $8 a month from Spotify. 4-5 artists per band,  $8 a piece. So please don't bring up the "support the artists bs! " Unless the artists are dumb enough to sign a 360 contract,  the only way you'll support artists is to buy their merch at the show (which they still have to do an 80/20 split with the venue)  and request their songs in the radio. 

I say share the darn account. Spotify is already raping the artists enough as it is,  why not give Spotify a taste of it as well. 

Suggested posts