Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you disable the automatic login and start up of Spotify when you start your computer?

How do you disable the automatic login and start up of Spotify when you start your computer? I am not sure which version I have but there is no 'Edit' on my spotify, only a settings icons (gears) and nothing about preferences. It only shows 'Account' "Session" and "Share on Facebook"....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Maya11 wrote:

How do you disable the automatic login and start up of Spotify when you start your computer? I am not sure which version I have but there is no 'Edit' on my spotify, only a settings icons (gears) and nothing about preferences. It only shows 'Account' "Session" and "Share on Facebook"....

Hey! 🙂

It sounds like you have somehow gotten your hands on the desktop/web preview client rather than the full desktop client. 

Try downloading and installing the full desktop client from: 

This link for Windows

This link for Mac

And then the options will be in the expected place 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

@Maya11 wrote:

Hey! 🙂

It sounds like you have somehow gotten your hands on the desktop/web preview client rather than the full desktop client. 

Try downloading and installing the full desktop client from: 

This link for Windows

This link for Mac

And then the options will be in the expected place 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

THANK YOU! This solved this problem plus tons of others I was having like the screen not fitting correctly and re-organizing my playlists. YOU ROCK

On Mac version 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af that setting won't "stick" for me. I disable the launch on start option and it re-enables itself automatically.

what if you don't want to download anything on your computer

Suggested posts