Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

@spotifyissues - If you get in touch with the team they can lend a hand to get you reset manually:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-password/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I got rid of Facebook and I changed my password. Now I can't log in.

@sabresfreak55 - Are you logging in using your Spotify username (not your email address)?

Peter

I've tried both email and user name. I also reset my password. Used the new password. Tried my old password. And tried my facebook password. Nothing works.

Definitely weird! I would try another reset but enter your username rather than your email address on the reset page to see if that makes any difference?

Peter

Is there a number o can call to speak to a human being Someone who can manually fix this?? I'm about to cancel my su subscription.

Unfortunately not, Spotify only offer direct support via email or Twitter: @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Hi Meredith,
I have the same problem. I wanted to change my password to improve security on my account and I keep getting a message saying that there is another account already registered with my email address.

Whatever I do, I get sent around in a circle and receive the same message. Please could you take a look and either delete one of the accounts or merge them. I think the problem must have started when I moved from the free version to premium.

Many thanks
Liz

@lizlander - Definitely sounds like you have two accounts, it's especially common if that email address is the same as the one you use over on Facebook. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can swiftly delete the extra account for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help, I will email Spotify and see if they can delete one of the accounts. I hope I haven't been paying for two, I'd better go and check my statements....

Best wishes

Liz 😉

@Peter wrote:

@lizlander - Definitely sounds like you have two accounts, it's especially common if that email address is the same as the one you use over on Facebook. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can swiftly delete the extra account for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

I have had the same problem. Now I'm locked out and cannot access any music ...If spotify is this bad with password change processes, I wonder where else they are deficient? I dont know if I would trust them with banking information.

Logging out of Facebook in my browser and then using the reset password link worked for me.

Suggested posts