Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred Playlist Gone

Hi,

I just realized that my starred playlist is incomplete. For some reason it saved songs that I added from 12 days ago but all the ones that I've been staring since I got Spotify are gone. I think they're about 70 songs or so. Is there anything that can be done?? Any help at all would be awesome!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good news! Looks like I've been able to recover the tracks after all: -snip-

Let me know when you've re-starred them and I'll take the link down.

[edit: took out starred tracks link]

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

JL2 - Are these the tracks? -snip-

[edit: took out the link]

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

This should be all your missing tracks:  -snip-

Let me know if that's right.

[edit: took out the links]

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Marked as solution

Hey tobbisch, here's what I was able to get: tobbisch starred

I hope it's the lot.

Marked as solution

Mehjoe - Yours is a little different, I'm popping an email over to you now.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Hey Trappsteg, welcome to the Community.

Here's the missing tracks: trappsteg starred

I'll also close the ticket you sent in via the contact form.

Marked as solution

Hey abs6392, welcome to the Community.

I've tried restoring your playlists on our end. They should show up again after logging out and in.

Marked as solution

Hi there

I too have lost my starred playlist (there are 28 tracks there now but I had around 100). Could you please restore asap?

Thanks

Joanna

Marked as solution

Hello,

This happened to me lastnight too - I had over 1200 songs I have have 21 😞

Been with you for a long time i don't want to lose my music 😞

Marked as solution

J3ll3nl - I've just been into your account, they should be back. Just log out and in again.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Is the playlist in your recovery section of your online account?
https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

It's a long time i lost my fav. tracks.
Could an admin please do the same for me? 
I used to have around 1500 tracks, then they got deleted and had 80 left.

Thanks!

Marked as solution

I downloaded an older version which restored the starred playlist. So thanks to anyone who keeps backing up .apk's

160 Replies

Hey,

I've had a look at your account - ikatx - but I can only find 19 tracks saved in the playlist history, which probably isn't quite all the ones you have lost.

I'm not sure there's much I'll be able to do to restore them for you I'm afraid. There might be some kind of bug at the moment bug I haven't confirmed this yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

oh no! Is it because I've been logging in through different computers? Before I only listened to spotify on my computer but then I started listening to it at work and then a friend's place recently. I think the song that's starred first is probably the first day I opened it on a different computer.

Marked as solution

Good news! Looks like I've been able to recover the tracks after all: -snip-

Let me know when you've re-starred them and I'll take the link down.

[edit: took out starred tracks link]

Hi, I am also missing my starred list! Please help! 😞

thank you so much!!!!

ikatx - happy to help!

joannacoon - I see you've started a new thread on this subject, I'll pick this up there.

Hi, mine have also gone today!?

There are only four songs left on my starred playlist (the four most recently starred)

My starred playlist was pretty big and it would be such a shame to lose all the songs.

I would be really grateful if you could help

Thanks

Oli

osw09 - here's what I've managed to recover: -snip-

Let me know if there's anything missing.

[edit: took out playlist link]

problem solved -

Fantastic. Thankyou for your speedy response .

Richard,

Let me start by saying that I have Spotiufy Mobile. I use it often but I noticed that whenver I starred a track while using spotify mobile, about 15 seconds after starrring the song, the spotify application would reboot...just randomly. So I cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled, but now MY starred list not there. It shows 1 song in there because I just starred a song after the reinstallation. I do not use playlists, just my stared list, which has 800+ songs. Any ideas to help me out? Thanks.

I'll drop you an email on this!

My starred playlist is also missing about half of the content suddenly. Can you also help me recover it? I didn't edit it or anything, it almost looks like my client somehow picked up an old copy of the playlist?

Hey csuttles, I see you've also sent in an email through our contact form on this so I'll get back to you via email in response to that, so we don't get confused.

Can you help me with same problem. I just got my new comp up and running and I have none of my music! 😞

I have the same problem. All my starred songs have gone. Could you please help?

Marked as solution

JL2 - Are these the tracks? -snip-

[edit: took out the link]

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

They are! Thank you very much

This morning while listening to my starred playlist on my iphone all of my songs except for 4 disappeared from the playlist. The 4 that remained are songs that I have purchased and our local files on my computer. Any help is appreciated.

Suggested posts