Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have the same problem and it says that there is a time limit of 10hrs per month but it is a new month and it has not renewed why is that so

That 10 hours is applied as 2.5 hours per week so you get your next 2.5 hours on Sunday.

It will actually renew on whichever day your account was created, so it might not neccessarily be Sunday! It will be the same day each week however. 

Remember that upgrading to unlimited or premium at any time will remove those limits. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

These limits after 6 months are ridiculous. Grooveshark is the way to go - no time limits and NO ADS. Customers will soon start flocking to said site if Spotify doesn't stop being so bloody stingy. 

Unfortunately, as has been pointed out by the staff here on the community before, those limits are required in order to keep Spotify free in the long term. 

Also, Groovesharks legality has been questioned many times in the past!

Peter

Peter

Well I used to love Spotify. I really don't mind ads, hell it's basically a radio station with selective music.

However the service is **bleep** now, 10 hours cap per month and 2.5 per week is just crap, especially when they ram a stupid "get spotify premium" ad down your throat every second song 2 at a time.

Lets not mention when it forces itself to the front of all your windows, unusable when you are playing games or working. Trash service, leaving it. Payed for premium once, never again because the price will just rise and rise and rise without anyone noticing, after all the music industry is clearly in danger.....not.

@user-removed wrote:

Well I used to love Spotify. I really don't mind ads, hell it's basically a radio station with selective music.

However the service is **bleep** now, 10 hours cap per month and 2.5 per week is just crap, especially when they ram a stupid "get spotify premium" ad down your throat every second song 2 at a time.

Lets not mention when it forces itself to the front of all your windows, unusable when you are playing games or working. Trash service, leaving it. Payed for premium once, never again because the price will just rise and rise and rise without anyone noticing, after all the music industry is clearly in danger.....not.

You are aware the price for premium has never risen? 

Peter

Peter

I must say it's very, very dissapointing. I was really happy using Spotify as my premium and the only source of music for more than half a year, was paying for premium account and felt completely happy with that. However now while experiencing real financial issues I stopped paying for premium, so I was dropped back to free, so I don't have an offline  possibility anymore, no mobile, etc. I'm fine, I was thinking to stay like this for a while. However now I see that music stopped playing and the message "You've exceeded your 10 hour time limit". That really sucks. I think I should switch back to grooveshark or smth. That's so much unfair. It comes out that some can listen for free for half a year before this happens, right? But I was paying for half of a year and I have the same. Terrible.

I agree. It seems that the 6 months currently includes the time when you were paying a subscription which does seem a bit harsh. You can probably get around this by creating a new account and following yourself to retain access to the playlists.

I'm going to escalate this discrepancy to the spotify staff in case it is unintentional.

I have asked about this before, it is correct behaviour - the free account restrictions apply 6-months after the account was registered, regardless if it has been on premium during that period. 

Peter

Peter

Why does it NEED to be this way? Why not ,after the limit, play several ads instead of just once in awhile to keep the service free?

@scoobynilo wrote:

Why does it NEED to be this way? Why not ,after the limit, play several ads instead of just once in awhile to keep the service free?

It comes down to licensing agreements sadly. As @Richard said here Spotify is continuing to work to remove those limits. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts