Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ah yes those features are not yet available on the web player, but I guess it aims to be much simpler and cleaner than the desktop client. 

Maybe someday (when its out of beta and stable)!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, I've read all previous posts on this topic. Yes, I've tried double clicking the playlist. Yes, I've made sure none of the column headings are highlighted/selected. I've messed around with every setting I can think of. Yet sometimes I can reorder songs and sometimes I can't. Any other suggestions?

If this is a bug in the new update please let us know. 

I don't think there's a bug but a little more information will help. What operating system and spotify versions are you using? Is the playlist one you created rather than one you are following and could you post a link to it (right click on the playlist name > copy spotify URI). 

I'm having the same issue - this is what my playlist looks like. It doesn't have filter options for the headers and there's no obvious option for manually ordering the songs in my playlist so they play in the correct order.

I'm having the same issue - this is what my playlist looks like. It doesn't have filter options for the headers and there's no obvious option for manually ordering the songs in my playlist so they play in the correct order.

Untitled.png

@user-removed Could you try that image again or post a link to it?

Does clicking on the headers track, artist, headers etc. not sort your playlist. If you want a track in a particular order, you should be able to click-hold on it and drag and drop it elsewhare in the playlist too.

That screenshot looks like it is from the web player not the desktop client. Unfortunately you can't drag and drop tracks in the web player to change the order manually - it only works in the desktop client.

Peter

Actually, that's not the web client. That's what my desktop client looks like. If you want a full screenshot, I could give one to you.

Client version: 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c on Windows 7

SpotifyIssue.png

I can sort by the various column headers, but there is no way (that I can find) to unsort.

Also, I do have some playlists that are unsorted, and those I can order as I see fit, but if I were to click a header to sort, there is no way to unsort, and consequently, no way to order tracks.

Hi Xavier,

If you click the 'Added' column a couple of times (or until the green triangle is absent) then you should find you are able to sort the playlist again. Could you give that a try and let me know if it does the trick? Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

no, that does not work, clicking it several times toggles between ascending and decending, the sort triangle remains present even after 6 clicks.

Correction: it does work, just not on the "Starred" playlist.... and after going through my other playlists, they work properly now... wierd..

I can confirm that the starred playlist can only sorted by clicking the headers. You can always copy the tracks to a new playlist and then you can order the tracks any way you want. The starred list doesn't serve any useful purpose any more, anyway.

Oh, I am so excited! I found the darn "sort" button. It's on the top right and only appears when you edit.

The artist category has a green check mark next to it. I don't want THEM to sort anything for me . So you said click on it a few times and it should go back to normal? What is normal? That should be no sorting checked, right? But I can't find a way to make that happen. It just stays on artist and that is that.

Please excuse my bad grammar , punctuation, etc. it's almost dawn and I'm still up with this.

thanks so much. I think you got me half way home. Can you just get me to the front porch now?

Hi there,

Is this on desktop and are you clicking the 'Added' column until the small green triangle disappears?

Once the triangle disappears you should find you are to rearrange the order of the tracks within the playlist again.

Follow me on Spotify.

I tried clicking it a few (ok, like 30) times while ascending was checked off. At least it keeps the list the way it was. If I hit descending......well, everything descends!

Then if I sort by artist, shoe size, brain size - whatever- of course it sorts thusly and I don't want that.

So I figured this ascending/descending thing was as close to just "shut up and let me sort my own darn playlists" default and maybe I could then move one or two songs up - then crashed. Then I hit the "sort" button hoping that might put it into the off position. No.no ,no.

Pllease advise.

I'm a bit confused by your response - can you see the small green triangle when clicking 'Added' and is there any point where it disappears?

Follow me on Spotify.

Hi,

No green triangle and thus no "added".

And sorry I confused with any reference to desktop. My account exists on my iPad Air all by itself and isn't linked to anything. (I thought perhaps it was but I was wrong .)

I created a test playlist this morning just to.....test :). Same thing . The sort option which I don't want activated because I want to sort manually is somehow "on" and it doesn't seem to matter what I do or change or pray to the gods of Spotify - when I try to edit ( and it starts with only editing up I think ) anything and anywhere - after about one successful move, it crashes.

Sorry again to,sound a little disjointed. As usual, I'm running late. Thank you for taking your time to help me with this.

To manually change the order of tracks on iPad, sort order doesn't matter. Press the edit button at the top of the playlist then you can drag and drop the tracks into the order you want.

Peter

I'm sorry, but that was not my experience for months. (If you're saying what I think you are)

I was able to,drop and drag to my hearts content- agin, from the very beginning of my signing on until very recently.i did this solely on my iPad.

I understand updates are really betas, in a way.. An update is announced and then they (in whatever format or OS ) amd then they wait and see what problems users are having and then that problem (or problems) are fixed in a subsequent update. But this doesn't seem to be happening. Ok, it's not happening at all. There is even no acknowledgment that there is a problem and they're trying to find the bug and tweak it and fix it.

There is just.....nothing or these happy b.s. emails I get from Spotify telling me how happy they are to hear from me and then they ask questions I've already answered. Is this for all playlists? Is it just using your iPad? What am I wearing? Answers: yes, I just use my iiPad and a cream colored mini dress with a dark green go-go boots .

Always. That's my entire wardrobe.

Adding a :). Sometimes I forget that sarcasm doesn't translate well on texts and the like.

Suggested posts