Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

So when I'm done with my 48 hour trial, I can only play music in my playlists for free?

@anish00 wrote:

So when I'm done with my 48 hour trial, I can only play music in my playlists for free?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

When your 48 hour free trial ends, your account will revert back to Spotify free, meaning you have the same access as anyone using a free account. 

It means you are able to stream on the desktop, with adverts (and a maximum playback time of 2.5 hours per week if your account is more than 6 months old). If you are in the US, you can continue to use Spotify Radio on the mobile applications, but if you are anywhere else in the world you need premium to access Spotify on mobile devices. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Why is 30 day free trial not available with gift card only on credit card? Also why is there no one off payment for lifetime premium?? Thanks

@abdulhussain wrote:
Why is 30 day free trial not available with gift card only on credit card? Also why is there no one off payment for lifetime premium?? Thanks

The 30 day free trial is the start of a monthly rolling subscription, with the first month billed at £0.00 so it is "free" but part of the rolling payment plan meaning you will automatically be billed for the following months after the free 30 days unless you cancel, hence why it is not available when using gift cards which are a one off payment. 

Also, with regards to lifetime premium, since Spotify is billed monthly, how would you work out the cost? 

Just for fun, since Spotify don't give discount or buying in advanced (like on the yearly payment) a lifetime subscription in the UK based on average life expectancy would cost just over £8000 in a single payment 😉 

Peter

Peter

Hello! My 48 hour trial recently ended, and I can't figure out how to pay for premium. It just takes me to the free radio..?

@Bobby_E wrote:
Hello! My 48 hour trial recently ended, and I can't figure out how to pay for premium. It just takes me to the free radio..?

There is no way to sign up for premium from the application currently, you need to subscribe on the main Spotify website. 

In fact, if you subscribe from https://www.spotify.com/freetrial/ you can have the first 30 days completely free! I would suggest doing this on a computer rather than your mobile device, sometimes the mobile browsers have issues with the payment process. 

Peter

Peter

Thank you for clearing that up. I signed up online, entered all my info, but it is still taking me to the free radio and telling me I need premium. Does it take some time to work?

I guess it did lol it's on now! Thank you very much.

No worries! Enjoy your music! 🙂 

Peter

Peter

After my 48 hour trial is up can i no longer access my saved playlists on my mobile device?

surfsk81o09 - No, you won't. Offline playlists are a Premium feature.

If you'd like to give the 30 day free Premium trial a go, just head here: www.spotify.com/freetrial/

(It's pretty awesome)

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I am currently on the 7 day premium trial after the trial is up will i be charged?

@user-removed

No you will not be charged. The 7 day trial is free.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just realised I have been paying £9.99 a month for Spotify for a year but don't have premium attached to my account, which says ir is free. The only thing I can think of is I have another account but can't remember setting it up. Any help ib figuring this out would be great!

Hello,
Yesterday I signed up for a 30 days trial. Now there stands something like 'you will pay €12,99 automatically when the 30 days are over'. This was a trial right.. Does this mean i'll have to pay after 30 days? And can I still cancel it?
Thank you

I have a similar problem except it said my free trial would last 7 days. Will I be charged for this?

so premium is free????? cause it keeps telling me to go to premium! I have iPhone5c so will I have to pay for it?

It sucks, you can't pay for Spotify premium on a month to month basis anymore. Oh well, back to Pandora!
Marked as solution

Is is the same with a seven day trial as well?

Is it the same for the 7 day trail

Suggested posts