Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Introducing the Spotify for Android Beta Testing Program

Hello!

We would like to get your feedback on the updates and improvements we are making to our application, so we’ve created a Beta version that you can try out.

Beginning this Friday, May 29 2015, the Android beta program will give users who opt-in access to the latest versions of Spotify for Android, helping us to make the Spotify Android app more stable.

This IS the beta you're looking for.

--

Applications are now closed.

Big thanks to everyone who's signed up and tested so far. Your feedback is invaluable.

Community Ergo Sum
113 Replies

Hope im accepted

Per, can you at least let us know if Android Chromecast support will be introduced with this beta?  If so, then this WILL be the beta I'm looking for, along with thousands of other Android users in this thread - 214 pages of comments as of right now.

Applied. Can't wait to give it a shot.

Can I get in on this Per? 🙂

Thank you for the invite! Hope to be accepted soon.

@thndrkat I don't believe so. However, if we do, at some point, beta test that, participation in previous Android beta tests will be taken into account 🙂

Community Ergo Sum

Thanks for the invite Per! I submitted the form and hope i'm accepted...

Thanks for your response. Can't say that I'm surprised or pleased. I would love to resume my paid subscription as soon as this happens!

Yah I need them to add search play list when adding songs to a play list

@Per how can the chromecast option continue to be overlooked? Its one of the top ideas and has been for a very long time.

We all know why. It's time to move on.

You and me both! They just don't want our money I guess. Chromecast support isn't even difficult to implement...

Really want to try out the beta.

Feel free to move on if you want. This is, of course, what Spotify would like you to do-just concede that their refusal to implement this much-desired feature is acceptable. I, however, will continue to show my disappointment by not paying for their service. This is the only method of expression open to many of us.

I really hope that I'm accepted, even though I haven't got an android device. I use a program to download the APK, then use a chrome app called Twerk to convert it to a compatiable chrome app, install it, then run it. It works, often!

good luck with that!

Thanks. That really doen't bother me. (not very good sarcasm).

Nice 😄

Suggested posts