Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Thanks but I've tried the newest version. It didn't help.

Hmm. I tried the preview release found on: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

Marked as solution

The Preview-Release as stated above solved my issues. So did the Version 0.4.12.153 (41200153)

At the first install of the newest Spotify-Release (just after a complete new flash with root and S-OFF) everything seemed to work out great. But when I tried to sync my playlists, whoopsie ! Nothing going on...

But it even comes worse... after a restart the app got stuck at a white screen and Android told me that it needs to be closed.

Information:

-> HTC Desire (Classic)

-> Cyanogenmod 7.2.0 Stable

Link to the Beta-Release:

http://download.spotify.com/android/PreviewSpotifyAndroid.apk

Link to the 0.4.12.153:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2999426550/SpotifyAndroid.apk

Hope this could help anyone 🙂

I have an LG Optimus running on 2.3.4. My issue first started with spotify constantly switching to offline mode, when I have 3G AND wifi. I uninstalled and reinstalled to fix this problem, and a new problem arose. Now every time I open spotify, all it shows me is a blank white pagee. Very frustrated. If this is not fixed soon I am unsubscribing.

yeah, just go ahead and cancel.  "soon" for spotify means about 18 months.  and then, they will just rewrite the UI for the next version of android without actually fixing any bugs.  but on the bright side, they will introduce a bunch of new ones.

Wow, guys, I can hardly believe that after over a year the issue still persists. I am a recent premium subscriber here in Lithuania, where the service has just recently become available.

I am seriously bummed out by having to take the battery out of my phone mid every second or third sync between my phone and PC to reset the phone after it freezes with a blank white screen in the app (!!!) It doesn't even shut down normally - it just gets stuck mid way when I try. And don't get me wrong - this happens only when a Spotify sync is running; therefore it's not an issue with my phone per se.

Oh yes, and actually initiating the sync is also quite an art, since the phone and pc don't "see" each other half of the time - even if all the conditions for it are met.

I consider myself to be a patient guy, but this ticks me off big time - every time. It's neither good for my nerves, nor for my phone, I'm sure. Please, fix this nonsense and a mess of an app, or at least call it a BETA (or ALPHA or whatever) so that people can reasonably expect it to have issues.

I enjoy a lot of things about Spotify and would love to continue using it, but paying money and using this mess of a software simply does not add up.

I will wait - for a short while. Thanks.

P.S. I'm on Android 4.1.2.

This is an old thread but sorry to hear you're having trouble. Please follow the troubleshooting steps in this post to see if it fixes your issues.

I did exactly what you have suggested. I have a 2013 HTC One and Spotify crashes every minute. I almost crash my car restarting it.

It is very annoying that Spotify does not provide any assistance with this.

I have cancelled my premium subscription after almost two years.

In addition to this:

- My ipod nano last generation does not work with Spotify. There is no solution.

- My 2013 Buick recognizes pandora, itunes and other services but not Spotify.

- SPotify hangs constantly in my 2012 mac

I am fed up. 

I will try Pandora Premium or whatever name they give it.

I've got an HTC which is an android phone and I am not even going to try and run Spotify on it. I can hardly believe all these tips and bug fixes!

Astonishing that this is hapenning, I guess Spotify are not making it a priority to sort this out. Not very impressive. I got Premium to run on my laptop and to be fair it's worked brilliantly.

But surely part of the point of Premium is being able to listen on devices.

@user-removed Let's not get things out of perspective. I don't know how many millions of android users are running spotify on their android without any problems but I can assure you that problems which affect all users on one platform are pretty rare and usually fixed really quickly. Heck, the last post in this thread was in October!

Download spotify on your android and see how it goes. If you have any issues, you can always seek help here or direct from the spotify support team and even uninstall it. Nothing to lose.

@jwylot wrote:

@user-removed Let's not get things out of perspective. I don't know how many millions of android users are running spotify on their android without any problems but I can assure you that problems which affect all users on one platform are pretty rare and usually fixed really quickly. Heck, the last post in this thread was in October!

Download spotify on your android and see how it goes. If you have any issues, you can always seek help here or direct from the spotify support team and even uninstall it. Nothing to lose.

+1 to this.

We've love to hear your experience with the app, @user-removed - as a first time user of the app, your insights will be particular useful.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Good point Richard and it would be true to say that I'd simply looked down the list of moans and not noticed the time factor.

When I feel a bit more confident I'll give Spotify a go on my HTC phone and post how it goes.

To be fair to myself (!!) I have been fulsome in my praise of Spotify in general when I've posted comments.

I have to admit Spotify has been flawless on my laptop and I'm left wondering why on earth I didn't get involved sooner.

Im so **bleep**ed off. I dont know what to do. I was so for spotify. Now I hate it. Bye bye spotify. Thats how You know you **bleep**ed up

Suggested posts