Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

It doesn't work I tried it for 2 times. But there's no change.

@Chesterrificxx wrote:
It doesn't work I tried it for 2 times. But there's no change.

What have you tried? Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved.

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I've done everything in the http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/GUIDE-How-to-fix-common-issues-for-Spotify-on-Android/t... guide, I've followed all the instructions in this thread. I've formatted my SD card on the phone. I've even tried filling up my internal memory up so there was only 15mb left, set the download quality to "Extreme" and Spotify STILL is saving what it can to the internal memory.

I've used 3 file management apps to ensure any trace of the Spotify folders that are mentioned in this thread and the other are not there when I uninstalled and installed the app but this did nothing.

I've got a Moto G 2nd Gen Android version 4.4.4 (most up-to-date version). Help.

Marked as solution

What makes you say its not saving to the SD? sometime's the system doesn't correctly show that the cache is properly on the SD card. Can you check to see if the folder Android/data/com.spotify.mobile on the SD card has data/folders in? if it does then it's correctly using the SD card.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I appreciate your answers on this, however, honestly this should be a setting in Spotify.  One that simply states Where do you want offline files saved with the choice of internal/SD Card or grayed out if there is no SD Card.  It isn't rocket science to have an app do this and involves only a few tweaks to the interface.

While your solution works, this is cumbersome by the time you've uninstalled, cleared cache, blah blah blah, until you reinstall.  What happens when you want to change back so you can switch SD Cards, or you want to move the SD card to a new phone?  The setting addition I am suggesting would solved that also, as you can include in the code for it to search and use content already downloaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw8pbzoNy-c

i watched this video on how to do it, and it says that some apps can't be saved to a sd card. and it seems spotify is one of them, which is annoying

We are not referring to the placing the Spotify Application on an SD Card, we are referring to the storage of offline music files being able to store on an SD Card.  Personally I don't like storing apps on an SD Card anyway, however, the ability to have an app store data files on an SD Card is quite different than what you have posted.

Do u know how to store the songs to a sd card then? Iv been trying for ages
n it dun seem to work

Spotify currently selects upon install the SD Card that has the most space available, most of the time, however, there are times when you're SD Card still does not get selected upon install.

The way I found I had to do it was (my SD Card had 90% space available and internal had 50, both 32GB)  I had to uninstall spotify.  You a large set of files (video work well) to almost fill my internal space.  I simply copied a a few large video files to my phone's internal storage.  Then when I installed Spotify, and told it to download at least one song, it selected the SD Card as the correct space.  After that was done, I deleted the video files from my internal storage.  Once Spotify selects it's download location it doesn't change it, however, at least in my case it did not select automatically the drive with the most space available initially.

Hope this helps, and please note, this is what the complaining is about, because there is a way to include that in programming as an option, that is not that difficult.  Whomever is telling them it is, is not a real good developer.

This doesnt work for me. No such file exists on my phone

Perhaps I wasn't Clear.  There is no file for you to try and find on the phone.

1.  Uninstall Spotify Completely

2.  use some video files off your computer, or some other large file(s) to fill up you internal phone storage (this is a temporary step, leaving a small percentage free on the internal memory.

3.  Make sure your SD card has plenty of free space on it.

4.  Reinstall Spotify

5.  Tell Spotify to download at least one of your offline music files.

At this point Spotify will be saving it to the SD card, since it should have the most space available on it.  Once it has done at least one file on the SD card, you will be able to delete the files you placed on your internal device to fill it up.

As far as 'No such file exists on my phone" I do not understand what you mean by that, as I never told you to locate a file on your phone.  If you can expound on that further as to what file you thought you are supposed to locate on your phone, perhaps I can help more.

I have the same problem, also tried everything in your guide about 10 times, everytime there was no Spotify file remaining on my phone. Whenever I open Spotify for the first time after I downloaded it, its says (translated from Dutch): "No SD-card Found. We could not find space to store our files. Check to see if you have a working SD-card and free space", then Spotify closes. The next time I open it, it works but it never saves to my sd card, only to my phone memory. 

Phone: Leagoo Lead 3

Android: 4.4.2

Already spend about 10 hours trying to solve it, whoever helps me is my hero.

Some extra info:

- Spotify never created any folder on my sd card, only on my phone memory.

- My sd card is 32 gig big and is clear, my phone memory only has a few gigs of free space.

- I can store pictures on my sd card, and I can also acces it with file management.

- I have tried to format my SD card from the standard FAT32 to exFAT, but in that state my phone could'nt find the sd card.

- I have read that my android version could cause problems, so I have rooted my phone and used "SD Fix" to let apps get acces to my SD card. I don't have much knowledgde about these things, but the app says I should have acces now, and still Spotify doesn't save to the sd card.

- I have also tried to install some older version (due to this link https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/No-SD-Card-storage/td-p/127106), but that version just crashed everytime i started it. I did manage to select my sd card (which Spotify found!) at the login screen at the 'select sd path' (or something like that), but that didn't create a folder on my sd card.

- I tried to make a folder on my SD card myself (due to a link a cannot find anymore), but the folders were named differently, it didn't work. I'm trying to find a friend with the same android version and Spotify who stores it on a sd card which works so I can copy the SD content, but I haven't found anyone like that.

- As a final attempt I set my phone back tot the way I got it (fabrieksinstellingen in Dutch), it didn't work.

- I tried every possible solution I could find numberous times.

It worked, thanks Rodrigo!

I have found a way to solve the problem for my case, although it requires rooting and installing 3rd party software. I still want to post this because, although its better to try other solutions first, I think this one will always work.

1 - Spotify doesn't need te be reinstalled. If it isn't installed, install it.

2 - Your sd card doesn't need to be removed. If it is removed, insert it.

3 -  Root your phone. The way to do this is different from phone to phone, google it.

4 -  Download and install the app 'SD Fix'. I don't know if this option is useful/mendatory, but I used it in the process. This app requires root.

5 - Open 'SD Fix and fix the SD problem. Easy peasy.

6 - Download and install the app 'MoveToSdcard'. This app requires root.

7 - Open 'MoveToSdcard'. Spotify should be seen on the menu 'Move to sdcard'. Move Spotify to the sd card. 

8 - Go to internal storage > Android > Data and remove any remaining Spotify folder which still may be there.

You should be able to download to the sd card now.

Can you please supply the links for the Move to SD Card you are speaking of, as a search in Playstore brings up several with the same name.

The first one listed piced simply gives instructions that are out of date for new phones.

@Handje wrote:

I have found a way to solve the problem for my case, although it requires rooting and installing 3rd party software. I still want to post this because, although its better to try other solutions first, I think this one will always work.

1 - Spotify doesn't need te be reinstalled. If it isn't installed, install it.

2 - Your sd card doesn't need to be removed. If it is removed, insert it.

3 -  Root your phone. The way to do this is different from phone to phone, google it.

4 -  Download and install the app 'SD Fix'. I don't know if this option is useful/mendatory, but I used it in the process. This app requires root.

5 - Open 'SD Fix and fix the SD problem. Easy peasy.

6 - Download and install the app 'MoveToSdcard'. This app requires root.

7 - Open 'MoveToSdcard'. Spotify should be seen on the menu 'Move to sdcard'. Move Spotify to the sd card. 

8 - Go to internal storage > Android > Data and remove any remaining Spotify folder which still may be there.

You should be able to download to the sd card now.

movetosdcard.PNG

I used the first one :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ljmobile.move.app

Also, I use Android 4.4.2, my phone is quite new. 

What do you excactly mean by : "First one listed piced simply gives instructions that are out of date for new phones."?

I guess you could use other apps to do the trick, just as long the app is moved to the SD card. 

Thanks for the help IT WORKED!!!

Have I really got to take this option and start again downloading everything with a new destination (ie SD card) or is there a SIMPLE way to just MOVE my songs from phone memory to SD card?

Have I really got to take this option and start again downloading everything with a new destination (ie SD card) or is there a SIMPLE way to just MOVE my songs from phone memory to SD card?

For some reason after deleting the folder from my computer, the Google Play Store wont connect to the internet, and I do have a wifi connection

Suggested posts