Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hello,

The problem re-appeared with new android version 1.0.0.82 which erased all my offline playlists and now it won't put anything on the SD card.

I try disconnect, reinstall, cache reset, sync from computer but still it uses the phones memory which is really small and tells me there is not enough room for my music GRRRRRR. Really annoying...

Would anyone know what to do?

Thank you,

Regards,

Is the External SD Card present in the phone when re-installing?

Another trick was to select 'Maximum' quality setting for downloaded tracks before initialising an 'offline' playlist.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you for your message,

Yes the card is present and has 12Go free. Default location for applications is set to SD card.

I have reset the application cache and data, reinstalled spotify, set quality to the maximum, but it still installs offline songs on the little 1Go internal memory making it full very quickly 😞

With the previous versions it was working fine after a reset of the parameters.

I think I will have to cancel my premium subscribtion if I can't use it offline anymore.

Regards,

I have a different problem:

I've erased some offline songs that I don't want anymore in the App, but it didin't liberate space in the SD card...

Does anyone knows what I have to do to clear just some albums and/or songs from the App AND SD Card?

Sorry, my english is not too good.

Thanks!

Jorge

finally I did revert to an older version. it did immediately find the sd card and saved on it. Then I did the update from the store, but had the problem again: it did not recognize the SD card and my offline lists were gone.

My solution is that I will stay with this old version until I hear about improvments in a future version.

Thank you for the help.

Regards,

This is crap. I have tried all of the above "fixes" no matter what I do Spotify saves offline files to my phone. I have an empty 32GB SD card so there is no reason why it should be saving to my 16GB phone. I'm ready to cancel my subscription since the only other thing I get out of the subscription is the no advertising. Pandora at 3.99 is looking better everyday.

I believe the app detects which storage facility has the most free space when it is installed. Did you have more free space on the SD card when you installed the app? If not, clear some space off the SD Card so that it has more free space than your phone then re-install the app.

Hopefully now it will push the cache to the SD Card.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I'm not sure exactly where the issue originated. the SD card was completely empty, I had tried clearing the cache through the program and through the android system and it wasn't working. Finally I decided to format my SD card through my phone again, I reinstalled Spotify and now it is working. I'm not sure why none of the other 5 re-installations didn't work lol, but finally got my playlists downloading to my SD. lol, now the only other complaint I have is that there is too many "edited" songs on spotify. But that has nothing to do with this issue 🙂 I'm a happy customer agian 🙂

i'm in the same situation :

Phone : Sony Xperia Z1 android 4.4.2 - 16 Go internal + 32 Go external

Phone is full at 12 Go approx . so 4 Go free

Spotify app up to date

External Sd is full  2 Go so approx 30 Go free

Spotify should choose External SD to sync :

Already reset cache & data, already checked "Maximum quality"

😞

What can i do more ?

Device : Sony Xperia Z1 - C6903 Build : 14.3.A.0.757 16 Go internal memory 32 Go microSD external memory (Transcend class 10)
Operating System : Android 4.4.2 not rooted, original version
Spotify Profil : Premium, login with facebook / Spotify version : Fresh install / up to date 1.1.0.113 / Mobile provider : Free / France

Ok i solve my issue yesterday :

1 - Fullfil your internal device with anything (I use a movie , 5 Go) 

my phone got only 800 mo free space internal storage

2 - Fresh install spotify, last version up to date

3 - In spotify app / preference / Set Maximum quality synchronisation

4 - Start synchronizing a playlist

5 - You can delete your video or files to get free space of internal memory, spotify synchronize into external memory sd card

Hope this is clear

Device : Sony Xperia Z1 - C6903 Build : 14.3.A.0.757 16 Go internal memory 32 Go microSD external memory (Transcend class 10)
Spotify Profil : Premium, login with facebook / Spotify version : Fresh install / up to date 1.1.0.113 / Mobile provider : Free / France

hi, i have the same problem. i was forced to update the app to the 1.1.0.113 version and since then no matter what i do it keeps downloading off line music to my device with 16gb free while i have 32 free on my sd.

i dont want to delete the app since i think i will also delete my playlists and it would be a mess to make them again.

but clearing the cache doesn't do anything.

please help, for me is useless to pay a subscription if i can't listen to music offline.

samsung note 3

I don't understand why spotify won't let us choose where to stock offline playlist !

Android restiction ?

And Spotify guys need to fix the android widget too : the jacket went grey then the widget is useless since we need to tap on the jacket and load the apps instead of fast start a song

How the h--- do I delete my 30 GB of synced files that will not work on the new version of Spotify?  Clear cache does nothing, since the new version obviosly doesn't recognize the files from the previous version.

Don't tell me I need to backup my whole 64 GB SD card and format it everytime Spotify decides to make an update? That's simply BS. Frustrated.

Just go to external card path and remove Spotify folder in Android section.

When connected to the pc you mean? If it's that easy, i'm just 50% frustrated lol.

Yeah this way or from Android in File Manager app, just select External SD Card and remove Spotify folder in Android folder.

im sorry i dont understand what you mean. i have a samsung note 3 can you explain me better what to do?

Open your Android device to Home screen, click Apps section open, search for File Manager (folder as picture), select from this view External SD Card option, go for Android folder, then look at Spotify folder, longclick this folder, click delete or remove.

but how doing this will make the songs go in the sd card if i'm actually deleting the spotify folder?

Spotify stores downloaded music encrypted in a bunch of folders so just find the spotify folder(s) under \android\appdata on your external SD card and delete the lot, making sure that the spotify app is not running. Once you have done this, restart spotify and use it normally - the folders will be recreated as sson as you listen to some music or redownload offline music.

Suggested posts